2011 / 2012 Leinster Jersey?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Re: 2011 / 2012 Leinster Jersey?

Post by Hickiefan »

TerenureJim wrote:
BluredVision wrote:Anyone know when they are getting the supporters jerseys back in? They havent been available on-line in a couple of weeks
Arnotts seem to have some in stock, website even showing some sponsorless classic style jerseys

http://www.arnotts.ie/Product/Canterbur ... 0100100200
That's not the one I'm thinking of.
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Apparently no H-Cup jersey this year but there will be a third jersey released in the coming days...... any ideas if it'll be the navy/blue training one that's been in use pre-season or is there a potential wacky option in the offing?
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Don't get this. The 3rd jersey was a relatively new thing under the guise of a "HEC jersey" . . . if we're now introducing a 3rd jersey then what is it for?
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

sarah_lennon wrote:Don't get this. The 3rd jersey was a relatively new thing under the guise of a "HEC jersey" . . . if we're now introducing a 3rd jersey then what is it for?
This is the facebook announcement....
Leinster Rugby wrote: We would like to clarify that there is no Heineken Jersey this season. The Home jersey, pictured, is what we will wear in the Heineken Cup.
We feel it is unfair to launch a Heineken Jersey in the same year as a new home jersey.
There will be a "3rd" jersey released in the coming weeks, but this is not intendend for wear in the Heineken Cup specifically.
I'd have been happy if they'd just kept the HEC jersey from last season, it was hard to get, one of the nicest jerseys in years, very popular by the look of the number of fans who bought it. What was the problem.

I'm not having a go but I feel it's a bit silly to say it's unfair to launch a HEC jersey when they had no quams about launching a sky blue alternate one in 09/10 (only kept one seaseon) then a white alternate and a HEC only jersey last season (again only kept for one season). Methinks the reason for no HEC jersey launch is that sales of the new home jersey would suffer in comparison to it as most of "the kids" these days probably want the HEC jersey. Only opinion, don't shoot me.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Is it that it's "unfair" to release another home jersey but it's ok to release a 3rd jersey

honestly think I'm missing something

I take it that the 3rd jersey won't be blue so...

when will they wear it (like when will it actually need to be worn?)
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Exactly. Also terrible picture of the lads whoever was shooting/styling them really needs to work harder if that was the best shot. These boys are professional athlethes (no darts jokes please) and they all look like they've been hitting the pints & pies hard. They're not doing a great job selling the kit to the average bloke who isn't on a nutritionist controlled diet and gets to the gym a couple of times a month if he's lucky.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hickiefan wrote:
BluredVision wrote:Anyone know when they are getting the supporters jerseys back in? They havent been available on-line in a couple of weeks

They had them in Elverys Stephen's Green recently
Got one in the Elverys on Suffolk street yesterday if that's any help. It's a complete rip-off of the 05-07 jersey but seeing as that's my favourite Leinster jersey I'm quite pleased with that. :D
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

TerenureJim wrote:Exactly. Also terrible picture of the lads whoever was shooting/styling them really needs to work harder if that was the best shot. These boys are professional athlethes (no darts jokes please) and they all look like they've been hitting the pints & pies hard. They're not doing a great job selling the kit to the average bloke who isn't on a nutritionist controlled diet and gets to the gym a couple of times a month if he's lucky.
Reddan looks like a firestarter
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

I've already bought 2 Leinster test jerseys so i'm kinda hoping the 3rd non-H-Cup one is terrible!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Anyone go to the recent open training sessions, what was with the CCC sponsorless purple(ish) and gold jersey with the asymetrical collar that some of the players seem to be wearing in the background on Leinster TV, decent looking purchase option
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

TerenureJim wrote:Anyone go to the recent open training sessions, what was with the CCC sponsorless purple(ish) and gold jersey with the asymetrical collar that some of the players seem to be wearing in the background on Leinster TV, decent looking purchase option
Sounds like team issue only.
irishjonny
Knowledgeable

Post by irishjonny »

Our fears have been confirmed, the third jersey is that mankey one from twitter

http://www.rugbystore.co.uk/collections ... rt_ss_2012

can't see myself buying this one any time soon
best quote from croker was this old boy behind me after about 65 minutes when you could see the red jerseys flooding out of the place

"Lock the gates, make them watch"

Disturbing yet arousing at the same time
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

irishjonny wrote:Our fears have been confirmed, the third jersey is that mankey one from twitter

It looks like someone did a tie-dye on last year's HEC jersey and stopped halfway through. sh!t offering.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

TerenureJim wrote:
irishjonny wrote:Our fears have been confirmed, the third jersey is that mankey one from twitter

It looks like someone did a tie-dye on last year's HEC jersey and stopped halfway through. sh!t offering.
More like "the unicorn" tripping out on acid :shock:
T - 45
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

i heard this was a maternity jersey - from a very reliable source (FACT)
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Third jersay on sale tomorrow, which is funny 'cause I saw it on sale yesterday in Elvery's

seems like a fairly pointless jersey. Cant think of any jersey that clashes with both our home and away jersey

Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
dubliner10

Post by dubliner10 »

What a sack of tie-dyed cr@p

You'd think they would have in some way listened to the comments about the popularity of the HC 3rd jersey

http://www.facebook.com/groups/277094705642406/
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

dubliner10 wrote:What a sack of tie-dyed cr@p

You'd think they would have in some way listened to the comments about the popularity of the HC 3rd jersey

In fairness, there are 15 members in the group, most of whom appear to be Nortons :lol:

To the best of my knowledge, this is the 3rd jersey and not the H-Cup jersey

Am i right is saying that the1st jersey is also our H-Cup jersey
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

mtleinster wrote:
dubliner10 wrote:What a sack of tie-dyed cr@p

In fairness, there are 15 members in the group, most of whom appear to be Nortons :lol:

To the best of my knowledge, this is the 3rd jersey and not the H-Cup jersey

Am i right is saying that the1st jersey is also our H-Cup jersey
Was in the Donnybrook store few weeks back & they said that a HC jersey would be out at the start of Oct
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Scott wrote:Was in the Donnybrook store few weeks back & they said that a HC jersey would be out at the start of Oct
I thought there had been an "official" announcement through the facebook that there would be no HEC jersey this year and that the tye-dye was to be the last jersey to be released for 2011-2013. Shame as the team only issue training ones look decent in comparison to the poor offering that CCC have presented for general sale (i.e. home, away and this 3rd jersey)