Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Hippo »

TerenureJim wrote:When it's been dry most of the day and then just decides to start raining 5 mins before I'm due to cycle home. f%~k you nature I'm going to do my best to cause as much pollution as possible this weekend just to get you back.
This. And while we're talking about cyclists....without getting into a general discussion on the lunacy exhibited by some cyclists on the road, the cnuts on the blue DCC bikes take the biscuit. I know none of you have helmets or any respect for your own lives or other's, but please please have a quick look at the rules of the road somefcuking time!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

Hippo wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:When it's been dry most of the day and then just decides to start raining 5 mins before I'm due to cycle home. f%~k you nature I'm going to do my best to cause as much pollution as possible this weekend just to get you back.
This. And while we're talking about cyclists....without getting into a general discussion on the lunacy exhibited by some cyclists on the road, the cnuts on the blue DCC bikes take the biscuit. I know none of you have helmets or any respect for your own lives or other's, but please please have a quick look at the rules of the road somefcuking time!
You don't want to go opening the bike helmet saves lives can o' worms, kinda like how the new road "safety" cameras will save lives.

Anyway, rant time, it's fupping August but there was frost/ice on my windshield this morning!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

waterboy wrote:
You don't want to go opening the bike helmet saves lives can o' worms, kinda like how the new road "safety" cameras will save lives.

Anyway, rant time, it's fupping August but there was frost/ice on my windshield this morning!!
Well what do you expect, living in Tallaght?

"The coldest winter I ever had, was a summer in Tallaght!" :D
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

waterboy wrote: You don't want to go opening the bike helmet saves lives can o' worms, kinda like how the new road "safety" cameras will save lives.
No I realise it's only a gesture!

Wtf with the frost?!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

The people that did this should be slapped around for so many reasons. I don't have it in me to rant about it properly, as would befit this thread, but needless to say I'd be willing to provide the back of my hand for the slapping should it be administered.

http://www.birdwatchireland.ie/Publicat ... fault.aspx
illegal poisoning of birds of prey has become an all-too-frequent feature of the Irish countryside, and this was a particularly abhorrent incident, as live pigeons were tethered to the ground as bait, their bodies coated with poison and their wings clipped to prevent any chance of escape.
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
josie
Graduate

Post by josie »

Hippo wrote:
waterboy wrote: You don't want to go opening the bike helmet saves lives can o' worms, kinda like how the new road "safety" cameras will save lives.
No I realise it's only a gesture!
Tell that to James Cracknell!
Oh pointy birds
Oh pointy, pointy
Anoint my head
Anointy, nointy
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Drunk people who didn't know where Namibia was and claimed Rugby was becoming a wuss sport. (The bank holiday brings all sortes to the village :-( )
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Leinster Exile wrote:Drunk people who didn't know where Namibia was and claimed Rugby was becoming a wuss sport. (The bank holiday brings all sortes to the village :-( )
Keep one or two to take up the position if not already filled of "Village Idiot(s)"
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Leinster Exile wrote:Drunk people who didn't know where Namibia was and claimed Rugby was becoming a wuss sport. (The bank holiday brings all sortes to the village :-( )
It's in the Caucasus just to the west of North Ossetia right?
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

TerenureJim wrote:
Mid to North Africa came the response :shock:
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Leinster Exile wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
:lol:
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Leinster Exile wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
Suppose Namibia sounds like Libya when your drunk and thick. :wink:
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

MTV and their Video Music Awards, check out the winners. Suffice to say you can probably hurry up and remove the term "music" from the name of that particular channel. In the words of one Charlie Brown, good grief.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Hippo wrote:
The DDC bikes should have clearly visible numbers on them to report those b$&%@#ds who cycle on footpaths, crash red lights, and generally act the b*%&!x, endangering themselves and all other road/path users :evil: Three strikes and they lose the privilege of free transport
T - 45
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

West Brit wrote:The people that did this should be slapped around for so many reasons. I don't have it in me to rant about it properly, as would befit this thread, but needless to say I'd be willing to provide the back of my hand for the slapping should it be administered.

http://www.birdwatchireland.ie/Publicat ... fault.aspx
illegal poisoning of birds of prey has become an all-too-frequent feature of the Irish countryside, and this was a particularly abhorrent incident, as live pigeons were tethered to the ground as bait, their bodies coated with poison and their wings clipped to prevent any chance of escape.
Jesus H. Christ. I actually feel sick after reading that. And yet the scumbags doing this will claim they're only out to control foxes. Tar & feather the lot of them.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Wow. That's an incredibly expensive chair to be spending public money on. I realise that people spend a lot of time sitting down at work, but €1000 a pop? Gratuitous.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Flocking UPC. DVR Box in the blink. Next appointment available is next Tuesday. Feel like taking out my 3 wood and smashing it into tiny little pieces.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

hugonaut wrote:
Wow. That's an incredibly expensive chair to be spending public money on. I realise that people spend a lot of time sitting down at work, but €1000 a pop? Gratuitous.
Not the only one to buy those chairs. I know another semi-state company recently procured new furniture and went for an almost identical Herman Miller chair along with Herman Miller desks. They still p*ss money away for fun in there to keep people happy.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Currently sitting in one of those... wow the chair's worth more than I am!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4