Pro12 - Leinster V Munster

Moderator: moderators

CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Pro12 - Leinster V Munster

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

leinfan2011 wrote:Have been but 6 rows from the front of the North 'Stand'! SO NOT HAPPY! Have sent repeated mails to the ticket office and have been basically told to either like it or buy new tickets (kinda defeats the purpose of buying a season ticket) I sent a mail on the 9th of September quoting Michael Dawson last year in a Q&A with the OLSC in which he acknowledges they messed up with the Munster game and they would do things differently this year -

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/olsc/6278.php

I’ve been a Season Ticket holder for a number of years. At the RDS I enjoy a sideline position in the Anglesea Terrace. My allocated seat in Lansdowne Road is terrible and to change, Leinster Rugby wants to heap on extra charges. Do you not value you loyal fan base? Why do you shaft us, giving us the worst seats in the house and let occasional – or worse still – the opposition fans get better spots? I hope for the latter stages of the Cup you will give some consideration to your loyal fans and offer us reasonably priced tickets in good seats, otherwise, I and many of my fellow Season Tickets holders will watch from home.
Season Ticket holders are our most valuable commodity and are one of the biggest stakeholders in Leinster Rugby and we value their loyal support and would never take them for granted or presume that they will continue to support the team.

For the Leinster v Munster match in the Aviva Stadium we made a decision that we would put all our Season Ticket holders in the lower tier of the ground in order to create the best atmosphere and make sure that the team got the best support they could and that there was no Munster supporters in the lower tier at all. It is not our intention to shaft anybody or to give anybody the worst seats in the house or to give the opposition fans better spots.

I believe we made some mistakes for the Munster match and we are constantly looking at our business model and hopefully we will get it right for future matches in the Aviva Stadium. I look forward to your continued support.

Yet to receive a response from the ticket office and sadly I dont expect to. I understand that Leinster are trying to make a few quid here but as a gesture of thanks to loyal STH they could have easily given us a decent seat at the Aviva; I'll keep this forum up to date with any further developments..........
Ditto... Just like last year.

If I want to watch the game, it'll be on TV.....

Two tickets going on the fire tonight...
T - 45
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

South stand season ticket. North stand, 129, row c for Munster & Bath.

Not impressed.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Broken Wing wrote:South stand season ticket. North stand, 129, row c for Munster & Bath.

Not impressed.
Actually that's interesting - other family members have three North Stand season tickets and yet they were placed in the South stand lower for the Munster and Bath matches.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Did everyone else receive their Bath tickets for the Aviva along with their Munster tickets in the post???

I only received my Munster ticket but a few people on twitter received both in the same envelope.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

aisling7 wrote:Did everyone else receive their Bath tickets for the Aviva along with their Munster tickets in the post???

I only received my Munster ticket but a few people on twitter received both in the same envelope.

We got both Turnips and Bath together......although not the additional ticket for Bath we got for Leinster Mongrel....
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

aisling7 wrote:Did everyone else receive their Bath tickets for the Aviva along with their Munster tickets in the post???

Both
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Indeed, both arrived.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Got both here too
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Block 112 - dead ball line. Pathetic

I'd complain, but that got me nowhere last season.

Might just start voting with my dosh
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

I got both.

I've complained but fully expect to be ignored.

Can't adequately describe how disappointed I am. Don't think I'll be bothering with a Season Ticket next year if this is the treatment I can expect. I could buy a better seat for the games today so where's the benefit? I certainly wouldn't have paid for these seats even if they were the last ones available.
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Sinead from the ticket office replied to my email.

Seats are allocated randomly by ticketmaster so they can't guarantee that the seat I got last season would be the one I will get this season.

She then went on to say that if I looked at the interactive map and picked available seats in the same price range she'd be happy to move me.

Top notch service. I feel like I lost a fiver and found €50.
Pro 12 Champions 14!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Broken Wing wrote: Seats are allocated randomly by ticketmaster.
I reckon that TBs site is programmed to sell the corners first and keep the better seats until last.

Makes economic sense. If you sell all the good seats 1st. Casual fans may look at what's left and decide not to go.

Does not take in to account that seasoned fans will surely be pissed off when they cop what is happening.

Bottom line. If you're not happy always contact the branch, before putting your tickets in the fire.

Also try to ask how you can get a better deal rather than just rant at them.

(Not suggesting that anyone has "just ranted at them" just making the point)
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

I know you weren't suggesting I did but I didn't rant at all. I said I was disappointed with the tickets and asked if I could be moved and, if I could not be moved at this late stage, could I be moved for any future games in the stadium.

I've always found TB will offer really rubbish seats when "best available" is selected. I've been offered tickets in the back row corner of the O2 when front row, centre stage were still available at the same price. Scum they are, taking advantage of people who know no better.
Pro 12 Champions 14!
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

Just got my Munster ticket, going to route through the bin this evening now though to make sure one of the receipts they print on the same ticket paper wasn't actually the Bath ticket.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Broken Wing wrote:Sinead from the ticket office replied to my email.

Seats are allocated randomly by ticketmaster so they can't guarantee that the seat I got last season would be the one I will get this season.

She then went on to say that if I looked at the interactive map and picked available seats in the same price range she'd be happy to move me.

Did you find any available seats at the same price BW? My ST's are for the NS so I got the €30 tickets in the South Stand, 7 rows from the front. When I looked all I could see were single tickets for that price, anywhere!
Dont Panic!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

I've only the single ticket so I had no problem getting a seat for the same price. I even got moved to the same seat for Munster and Bath.
Pro 12 Champions 14!
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Yes Aisling, we received all our five tickets for both games in the one envelope yesterday.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Broken Wing wrote:South stand season ticket. North stand, 129, row c for Munster & Bath.

Not impressed.
Ditto..family silver south ST holders along with an extra Junior ticket, been given the same crappy seats Section 139(opposite corner to what you were originally given) in the North Stand.

Not wearing it, no siree Bob........

Getting on to it now. Really shoddy treatment of loyal fans.....
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Broken Wing wrote:Sinead from the ticket office replied to my email.

Now they say we can be moved!!!! :evil:

I took their advice and went out and bought a second ticket for the Munster match. Now it looks like I'll be stuck with two crappy tickets.
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Received my Bath ticket today. It appears there was a printing problem with some tickets so if you don't receive both tickets in your envelope, don't panic. The missing ticket is on the way :)