Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

simplythebest
Enlightened

Re: Friday's rant

Post by simplythebest »

TerenureJim wrote:
Scott wrote:Oh sweet jesus - that American lad from the NRA is back on the airwaves talking about salt supplies :( :( :( :(
I got some saxa from the corner shop this morning so my chips are sorted.
Haven't heard it. Why is an American from the National Rifle Association banging on about Saxa and chips?
LEINSTER pour toujours
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

TerenureJim wrote:Not defending his actions for one bit but he does have a point regarding the lack of investigative journalism that went on into how and why property prices were sky rocketing and how the banks especially Anglo were leveraging debt. Granted personal informaion re mortgages is hard to come by but everytime a Company was involved in taking a loan from a bank and a charge is secured a public filing is made in the Companies Registration Office, so for about €2 any journo worth his salt could have dug up some pretty interesting stuff at the height of the boom which probably would have put regulators and politicos on notice that something just wasn't right here.
I'm not going to get started on that toss pot, but the simple fact is he created an atmosphere whereby if anyone in Ireland even wondered as to whether the road we were travelling on was as good as was being made out it was, they were told to go off and commit suicide. He set the stage, the motherfcuker should be in prison.
LEINSTER pour toujours
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

simplythebest wrote:Haven't heard it. Why is an American from the National Rifle Association banging on about Saxa and chips?
They're in favour of asSALT rifles from what I hear.

Sorry.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

sheepshagger wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:George Lee back doing opinionated primetime pieces post Daíl stint. Inappropiate much? Follow on question if I leave my job to run for political office, decide after a few months that I don't like it will I get a nice little parachute payout to "help me adjust" and then be able to go back to a very similar position with the same terms and conditions as I left with my employer?
Its pretty much the same with any civil service post isn't it?
There's nothing like ill-informed comment.

Lee was on a "career break" from RTE.

Any civil servant wanting to stand for public office (even as an independent) would have to resign their position. There would be no prospect of going back to their old job.

Public servants like RTE's, teachers, HSE employees and local authority staff have no such restrictions.
T - 45
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

The Dana assination plot, I can't believe I missed. Really sorry there folks.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

8 Bengal Tigers
17 Lions
3 Mountain Lions
2 Grizzlies
6 Bears
2 Wolves
1 Baboon, all shot in Ohio today. http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16092724

That would bring a tear to your eye, I don't blame the town sheriff, but the asshole who released them instead.
Would it have hurt to replace those bullets with tranquilizers though?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Miriam O'Callaghan, a ubiquitous overpaid & underworked dizzy bint.
3 Gold Stars
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:Miriam O'Callaghan, a ubiquitous overpaid & underworked dizzy bint.
Not disagreeing, but can she be ubiquitous AND underworked? Plus, anyone who ever had to shag McGurk has my sympathies.
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

How could anyone who willingly shagged McGuirk have anyone's sympathies?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

:lol: Fair point.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

johng wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:Miriam O'Callaghan, a ubiquitous overpaid & underworked dizzy bint.
Not disagreeing, but can she be ubiquitous AND underworked? Plus, anyone who ever had to shag McGurk has my sympathies.
Well actually, yes she can and seems to do it with consumate ease.

Henceforth, Mrs Blank has been informed of my refusal to pay the licence fee in protest at the circus that is our national broadcaster. An organisation that has squandered millions on the likes of Ryan, Byrne, Tubridy, Hook, Mcguirk & O'Callaghan to name but a few.
3 Gold Stars
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

johng wrote:
Or a hero to the nation .............oopps I should post this in the rave section
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Take that back!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simplythebest wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Not defending his actions for one bit but he does have a point regarding the lack of investigative journalism that went on into how and why property prices were sky rocketing and how the banks especially Anglo were leveraging debt. Granted personal informaion re mortgages is hard to come by but everytime a Company was involved in taking a loan from a bank and a charge is secured a public filing is made in the Companies Registration Office, so for about €2 any journo worth his salt could have dug up some pretty interesting stuff at the height of the boom which probably would have put regulators and politicos on notice that something just wasn't right here.
I'm not going to get started on that toss pot, but the simple fact is he created an atmosphere whereby if anyone in Ireland even wondered as to whether the road we were travelling on was as good as was being made out it was, they were told to go off and commit suicide. He set the stage, the motherfcuker should be in prison.
Justifiable so for once, I'm going to repeat myself.
Jump, go on Bertie, Jump, do it Bertie, Jump. The cost of the ensuing state funeral would be worth it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Working part time
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

I wonder what happened to Mariama? Has she grown up? Is she still walking? Did she ever get to meet Tom Dunne?
Get in the f%~king bag.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

sheepshagger wrote:
Take that back!

No.
3 Gold Stars
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

ronk wrote:Working part time
That is sh!t, do you think it'll be longterm?
What industry you in Ronk?
Hope it works out.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Peg Leg wrote:
ronk wrote:Working part time
That is sh!t, do you think it'll be longterm?
What industry you in Ronk?
Hope it works out.
It'll pay the bills in the meantime and it gives me a chance to do some research. I'm a lecturer.

It could be long term but something might show up.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Been sick past few days and stuck indoors. In no particular order the shittiest 'comedy' shows on telly .......two&half men/big bang theory/mike&molly. Utter f%~king muck
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan