Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Friday's rant

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

TerenureJim wrote:
Why are you enemies with Paul Kimmage? Did he blow the lid on your illegal doping during the tour de france?
No I exposed the scandal first but he managed to publish the story before I did. What can I say? I wanted to be the hero!!
Last edited by LeRouxIsPHat on November 17th, 2011, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

TerenureJim wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Why are ready salted Walkers crisps so hard to find in shops?
Beacuse we live in Ireland, now shut up and eat your tayto and enough with this foreign nonsense
They sell every other flavour of Walkers crisps here (well except Chicken) but at least you can get those in NI :?

This is an important issue, one that i think Primetime need to do an investigation on.
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Coming home after the weekend in Montpellier and realising that the hotel has charged you €729.60 more than it should have!! The reason behind it being that there were a few O'Connors staying in the hotel and getting no apology!!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

aisling7 wrote:Coming home after the weekend in Montpellier and realising that the hotel has charged you €729.60 more than it should have!! The reason behind it being that there were a few O'Connors staying in the hotel and getting no apology!!
Did one of them eat all the pies? (and then secretly dispose of them?) Or did he spend it on gambling or prost....... Never mind.
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

johng wrote:
aisling7 wrote:Coming home after the weekend in Montpellier and realising that the hotel has charged you €729.60 more than it should have!! The reason behind it being that there were a few O'Connors staying in the hotel and getting no apology!!
Did one of them eat all the pies? (and then secretly dispose of them?) Or did he spend it on gambling or prost....... Never mind.
I have no clue!! But I'm very unhappy about it!! Fair play to AIB - couldn't have been more helpful when I was having a nervous breakdown this morning. Customer service was excellent!!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

[quote="aisling7"Fair play to AIB - couldn't have been more helpful when I was having a nervous breakdown this morning. Customer service was excellent!![/quote]

I should hope so: you are paying for that service - twice!
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

deco wrote:
aisling7 wrote:Fair play to AIB - couldn't have been more helpful when I was having a nervous breakdown this morning. Customer service was excellent!!
Yes and the poor plebs that work in customer service, tellers etc pay for it 3 times by having to deal with this attitude for something they had no part in, on a daily basis.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I can't stand Paul Kimmage. In fairness he can come up with some interesting interviews but the style is always the same and there's an almost childlike formula to it " It's a Wednesday...it's raining...he's looking out the window as he sips a coffee and thinks about his opponent" and then the last line is "but he'll still begin tomorrow with a coffee and thinking about his opponent". It drives me mad! He also sticks with the same line of questioning throughout i.e. if someone is known for being intense that's all that gets spoken about but then he rounds off with a question that's completely unrelated and a bit more jovial. "You've a weakness for jaffa cakes havn't you?""ha yeah". Don't know why but reading his interviews makes me irrationally angry.

However, they're not even the reasons why I really can't stand him and perhaps the following is what puts the other things in such a negative light for me. He constantly goes on about how he's blown the lid on drugs in cycling but says that he doesn't want to go on about it and that he's no hero...but he did say it...and people told him not to...he was threatened...but he still did it...he didn't care if he'd be ostracised for it...but he was and it annoys him. "Yeah Leinster won the heineken cup and there's a book about it...which reminds me that I wrote a book about drugs in cycling...but nows not the time to talk about it...and I really was very brave...but I'm not a hero and don't want to talk about it."

I've a feeling nobody will agree with me but it drives me insane!!
While I think he's a good journalist, your comments about the style of his interviews certainly rang true. Good call.

Mind you, you could have spun it into a wonderful conspiracy theory involving the Sky cycling team. Then you could hate Kimmage & Murdoch in the one post. "Efficiency of effort", I believe they call it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a window to look through, coffee to sip and a match on Sunday to consider.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

sheepshagger wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Why are ready salted Walkers crisps so hard to find in shops?
Beacuse we live in Ireland, now shut up and eat your tayto and enough with this foreign nonsense
They sell every other flavour of Walkers crisps here (well except Chicken) but at least you can get those in NI :?

This is an important issue, one that i think Primetime need to do an investigation on.
On a related note, why don't they do Worcestershire sauce Hunky Dorys any more? This upsets me greatly :(
Is it possible to get another brand's Worcestershire sauce crisps anywhere?
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Peg Leg wrote:
deco wrote:
aisling7 wrote:Fair play to AIB - couldn't have been more helpful when I was having a nervous breakdown this morning. Customer service was excellent!!
Yes and the poor plebs that work in customer service, tellers etc pay for it 3 times by having to deal with this attitude for something they had no part in, on a daily basis.
Plebs?Thats a big generalisation.

1.These would be the customer service, tellers etc who used to tell me almost every time I went into the bank that I could apply for a loan for this that and the other?

2.I am in bank every week and I have never witnessed any member of staff having to' deal with this sort of attitude'. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there have been isolated instances of rude or worse behaviour, but not ' on a daily basis' or anything like it.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

deco wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
deco wrote: I should hope so: you are paying for that service - twice!
Plebs?Thats a big generalisation.

1.These would be the customer service, tellers etc who used to tell me almost every time I went into the bank that I could apply for a loan for this that and the other?

2.I am in bank every week and I have never witnessed any member of staff having to' deal with this sort of attitude'. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there have been isolated instances of rude or worse behaviour, but not ' on a daily basis' or anything like it.
1. They are, but if the didnt they would have lost their jobs.
2. It is daily.

I wrote all that in anger, apologies.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Peg Leg wrote:
1. They are, but if the didnt they would have lost their jobs.
2. It is daily.

I wrote all that in anger, apologies.
...big hug...

:D
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Change of coffee in the kitchen in work - it's muck.

Also, McFeely not actually being sent to prison last night.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

The Templeogue Road from Terenure College down into Terenure village was recently (within the last two months) completely re-surfaced, last night some service company was down digging it up. Sigh.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

TerenureJim wrote:The Templeogue Road from Terenure College down into Terenure village was recently (within the last two months) completely re-surfaced, last night some service company was down digging it up. Sigh.
It'll be roadworks everywhere until the end of the year as all the local councils frantically try to spend their budgets lest they be cut next year.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

TerenureJim wrote:The Templeogue Road from Terenure College down into Terenure village was recently (within the last two months) completely re-surfaced, last night some service company was down digging it up. Sigh.
Anything that causes annoyance to the Gick just does not belong in the Friday Rand thread.

Relocate to the WTF thread maybe? :D
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

deco wrote:
Anything that causes annoyance to the Gick just does not belong in the Friday Rand thread.

This!!! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

honeyec wrote:Change of coffee in the kitchen in work - it's muck.

Also, McFeely not actually being sent to prison last night.
Perhaps they couldn't find a cell with suitable interior decor :P
T - 45
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Darce wrote:
deco wrote:

This!!! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
What's your problem with Terenure? :twisted:
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

honeyec wrote:The cheap diesel place in Ballymount closing. It will be sorely missed...
I wonder is this in anyway related to the raid a little over a week ago by customs officers and gardaí of 10 filling stations in Dublin, Louth & Galway in connection with a suspected fuel smuggling/diesel laundering operation.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!