S

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: S

Post by Darce »

denzel wrote:Darce, to say never rule Wood out doesnt really fit. they have only recently become IN. you say never rule rock out cus they dominated the cup from incetpion.

moving on to business... you have seen rock and nure play each other then? score? whos pack the best? cheers
CWC have the pedigree through out history to have a team capable of winning the cup.

Not sure on that Rock/Nure score. something like 27-18 rings a bell. Fairly evenly matched packs. Think Rock probably just shaded it on Athleticism rather than power. Nure were quite physical. It was more a case of Rock took the majority of their scoring chances where as Nure would think they left a couple of scores out there that day.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

denzel wrote:Darce, to say never rule Wood out doesnt really fit. they have only recently become IN. you say never rule rock out cus they dominated the cup from incetpion.

moving on to business... you have seen rock and nure play each other then? score? whos pack the best? cheers
How recent is recently?? Clongowes have been in over half the finals since 1988 winning 6(13/23 finals). They've have been IN since the 80's.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

The line "you can never rule out" applies far better to rock than wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does it not?!??
Goat-Pig
Beginner

Post by Goat-Pig »

gleesonisgod wrote:

How recent is recently?? Clongowes have been in over half the finals since 1988 winning 6(13/23 finals). They've have been IN since the 80's.

Stop pretending to be something you are not. Go home and comb your hair over like good little boys - or go get a pint of milk and pack of tayto from the local.
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

Clongowes can't beat a decent rock team. Have clongows played wood? Score? Cheers
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

I'm so confused by this thread ...
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Amz wrote:I'm so confused by this thread ...
It's easy...CUS rock, because they're not rock but have a good measure of the 'wood. Michael loves the 'dere but ultimately its Andrews to lose.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

And who's Andrew again?
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Amz wrote:And who's Andrew again?
Andrew is a friend of Gerards who went to see the Monks in town.
Get in the f%~king bag.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Slipper1 wrote:
Amz wrote:I'm so confused by this thread ...
It's easy...CUS rock, because they're not rock but have a good measure of the 'wood. Michael loves the 'dere but ultimately its Andrews to lose.
Yer playin a blinder again this year. Last year it took us to lifting the Amlin Challenge Cup in the brook. This year you have to put in an appearance in the final. You can record it on your current favourite apple device if it helps.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

If they can play like they did last year, CWC should just be given their medals today and save everyone the effort of losing to them
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

gfo wrote:If they can play like they did last year, CWC should just be given their medals today and save everyone the effort of losing to them
what a rediculous thing to say. ....... if rock played like they did in 2009 than the rest may as well not turn up! and so on!

please keep these forum serious!
CWC won a poor year last year.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

denzel wrote:
gfo wrote:If they can play like they did last year, CWC should just be given their medals today and save everyone the effort of losing to them
what a rediculous thing to say. ....... if rock played like they did in 2009 than the rest may as well not turn up! and so on!

Except the 2009 players are long gone by now, and Clongowes were unstoppable last year. If last years 5th years managed to pick up the tricks and perform, they could slice through teams.

Though, by all accounts Gick have the most raw talent in their squad this year, and Michaels are standing pretty well
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

denzel wrote:
denzel wrote:Clongowes can't beat a decent rock team. Have clongows played wood? Score? Cheers

what a rediculous thing to say. .......

Fixed that for you.

It' a fair point to say that teams in various years beat a weak pack but the standard of the opposition last year can't take from Clongowes' class. They didn't just beat teams last year, they smashed them.

2 of that team were playing for Leinster 'A' the other day and a good number of them have 2 SCT medals so the opposition's alleged weakness is a moot point.

When you grow up, you won't get so excited when other people say positive things about their school.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Anyone know when the final is? I'm guessing it won't be on the 17th due to the Ireland- England game.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

It's on the bank holiday monday, as always
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Cheers Darce!
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

So after the result in Blackrock, have to say the only team capable of beating Clongowes now is Michaels
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

gfo wrote:So after the result in Blackrock, have to say the only team capable of beating Clongowes now is Michaels
Which result?

I sincerely doubt CWC will have half as strong a side as they did the last two years.
Of the side that won two years ago, all of their middle 5 started the year after as well as a few others. That was the winning of the cup for them.
They're a small school (70 in a year, small compared to rock or belvo) and lads like Gilsenan, Coughlan and Quirke only come around so often.

That said, I have no idea what the standard of the other schools is like atm.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

Eristic wrote:
gfo wrote:So after the result in Blackrock, have to say the only team capable of beating Clongowes now is Michaels
Which result?

I sincerely doubt CWC will have half as strong a side as they did the last two years.
Of the side that won two years ago, all of their middle 5 started the year after as well as a few others. That was the winning of the cup for them.
They're a small school (70 in a year, small compared to rock or belvo) and lads like Gilsenan, Coughlan and Quirke only come around so often.

That said, I have no idea what the standard of the other schools is like atm.
I think Clongowes beat 'Rock 36-0 in 'Rock. They have a ton of representative players. Entire Irish under 19 front row, an under 18 prop and Leinster hooker, don't know what they're feeding them. I'll be throwing a few quid on them