Isa - The complete performance

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Blue not red blood
Mullet

Isa - The complete performance

Post by Blue not red blood »

Was that one of the most complete performances by a player last night. Couldnt recall one error.
Magnificent in defence and speed and vision in attack. I am hard pressed to remember a better one.
ribs
Mullet

Re: Isa - The complete performance

Post by ribs »

Unfortunately there was the knockon on the stroke of halftime, another in the tackles, and the odd pushed off tackle but yes, it was a commanding performance that all players should aspire to.
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Blue not red blood wrote:Was that one of the most complete performances by a player last night. Couldnt recall one error.
Magnificent in defence and speed and vision in attack. I am hard pressed to remember a better one.
Should have put that break away in the first half
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

His attempt at the first conversion was fairly lamentable too.

When we really think about it, he was really quite poor...... ;-)
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

He got all shy when the camera zoomed in on him when MOM was announced - a funny moment.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Fair responses. He has to go, lets get Eddie Hakinui back
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

What a great signing. Fantastic for the young players to be able to learn from him as well.
Take note IRFU!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Blue not red blood wrote:Was that one of the most complete performances by a player last night. Couldnt recall one error.
His vision for the try that he worked with Dave Kearney was sublime. Just the way he knew to switch the point of attack even before he executed a perfect one-two.

Also a nice touch from Joe Schmidt to take him off a few minutes from the end so the crowd could give him the ovation he deserved.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
juanca
Learner

Post by juanca »

My 2yr old daughter now roars come on Isa everytime she sees a leinster break....usually she's right I suppose!
colster
Knowledgeable

Post by colster »

ISA, without doubt the best NIQ to have graced Leinster or any Irish province. From a selfish point of view , Thank God he got that 1 cap for FIJI as he would have multiple caps for the All Black and probably never have moved to Leinster. I hope he plays out the rest of his career here and I reckon he would be a great coach.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

colster wrote:ISA, without doubt the best NIQ to have graced Leinster or any Irish province. From a selfish point of view , Thank God he got that 1 cap for FIJI as he would have multiple caps for the All Black and probably never have moved to Leinster. I hope he plays out the rest of his career here and I reckon he would be a great coach.
I hear he is becoming an Irish Citizen or something. He defo wants to stick around. We could knock a right few years out of him. In 5 years time he will still be younger than Rog is now.
Right_Winger
Beginner

Post by Right_Winger »

maps wrote:What a great signing. Fantastic for the young players to be able to learn from him as well.
Take note IRFU!
Yea, a huge benefit of having a few top-class NIQ players is that they are available to play in the Pro12 when the Irish stars are not. How many fewer Rabo points would the 3 provinces have without Isa, Afoa etc. 15 young Irish players players playing for Leinster without any senior players, without leadership & being beaten wouldn't help their development much. They also help keep up the supporters' interest - down the years some of the highlights have been performances like Isa's last night or many nights in Donnybrook when Felipe seemed to carry the team on his own.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

He's definitely up there as one of the best signings ever in this country.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

I'm gay for Isa. Just a legend.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
dod
Knowledgeable

Post by dod »

Good as I thought Kearney has been playing lately its only when isa is back at 15 do u realise what a class act he really is. By far he is the best full back in the nh and possibly world rugby. It's time to move him back to 15 and let the brothers fight it out for the wing position.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

dod wrote:Good as I thought Kearney has been playing lately its only when isa is back at 15 do u realise what a class act he really is. By far he is the best full back in the nh and possibly world rugby. It's time to move him back to 15 and let the brothers fight it out for the wing position.

That was the only negative i had coming away from last nights match. The disappointment that Isa can't play fb all the time for us
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
blues_fan
Knowledgeable

Post by blues_fan »

Yeah he was great this week, but he's been relatively quiet this season. Have only seen about 1/2 the matches this season however. Hope he starts smashing it during the business end of the season.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

blues_fan wrote:Yeah he was great this week, but he's been relatively quiet this season. Have only seen about 1/2 the matches this season however. Hope he starts smashing it during the business end of the season.
Eh...if you haven't seen the matches how do you know he's been quiet? :D
blues_fan
Knowledgeable

Post by blues_fan »

Donny B. wrote:
blues_fan wrote:Yeah he was great this week, but he's been relatively quiet this season. Have only seen about 1/2 the matches this season however. Hope he starts smashing it during the business end of the season.
Yeah I could have worded that better. Relative to last season where I managed to catch a similar number of games, my assessment of his season has been: quiet.

Every time I caught a match last season bubs was in the middle of everything. Not quite so much this season.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

blues_fan wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Yeah I could have worded that better. Relative to last season where I managed to catch a similar number of games, my assessment of his season has been: quiet.

Every time I caught a match last season bubs was in the middle of everything. Not quite so much this season.
You're right too.