Four Games in a Row

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Four Games in a Row

Post by Oldschool »

We will have four tough internationals in a row.
Will Dekko now finally have to rotate his squad and really use his bench to it's maximum?
Or will he flog the same 15 to death?

What would you do?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Mackman15
Mullet

Re: Four Games in a Row

Post by Mackman15 »

Do we?

Listening to Andy Nicol earlier you'd be left thinking that only France had this upset to deal with.
You'd be mistaken to believe that Ireland were in the competition. And as for Jonathon Davis, all those people that made an effort to come up from south west France.

This is more of a rant really.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Oldschool wrote:We will have four tough internationals in a row.
Will Dekko now finally have to rotate his squad and really use his bench to it's maximum?

What would you do?
Deccie will do the latter
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

cormac wrote:
Oldschool wrote:We will have four tough internationals in a row.

What would you do?
Deccie will do the latter
I was watching Shaggy on RTE this afternoon and it was put to him about Ireland having to play 4 games in a row and he laughed it off, saying that as professional players that they play one game a week regularly and its no biggie. Similarly, I just finished Donnacha O'Callaghans book and in it he talks about the RWC and Lions tours he was on and how much he enjoyed playing matches each week and that its what professional rugby players want to do ... play games on the big stage week in week out.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Absolutely: the players want to play every game. They want to play in positions that they aren't great at either. That's why we have managers to select the team.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Personally I'd play the best team available against Italy and empty the bench early. Then start the same team again against France. Then make a whole raft of changes for Scotland and then see who's still fresh and available for Twickenham.

I don't envisage Kidney making many changes throughout the month but I do think his hand is forced slightly now.