Indo reporting Donnacha Ryan considering Leinster move

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

dingbat
Mullet

Indo reporting Donnacha Ryan considering Leinster move

Post by dingbat »

https://twitter.com/#!/Indo_Sport/statu ... 4580813824

"Donnacha Ryan considers shock move to Leinster as Brad Thorn deal gives Schmidt's men temporary lift"
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Indo reporting Donnacha Ryan considering Leinster move

Post by ronk »

So he's signing a contract extension then.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

This story is complete horseshit.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

ronk wrote:So he's signing a contract extension then.
Ah, probably not 'til he gets back from his rumoured stint with the Miami Dolphins.
Proudleinsterman
Knowledgeable

Post by Proudleinsterman »

Were not greedy, I'd be happy with Thorn for 3 months. If Ryan did move (and I can't see it happening) it would be some slap in the face for the red army and I don't see Ryan doing that to them.

As Ronk said, must be contract renewal/extension time.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

The words
By Hugh Farrelly
at the top of the article should alert people to the possibility that this is complete and utter horseshit. In fact, remove possibility.

He pulls transfers out of his ass a few times a season, like Mike Ross is Munster bound.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

suisse wrote:The words
By Hugh Farrelly
at the top of the article should alert people to the possibility that this is complete and utter horseshit. In fact, remove possibility.

He pulls transfers out of his ass a few times a season, like Mike Ross is Munster bound.
Thanks for posting this as it saved me the time.
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

Given the ongoing and complete incompetence of MR, I really wouldn't be surprised... :(

Leinster and Ulster are run by professionals, while we appear to be run by half-wits... :evil:

Ulster and Leinster sign first-rate senior operators as their medical jokers (Terblanche/Thorn), while Munster sign a 23 year on a RFL sabbatical (Chambers)... :(

Ulster and Leinster source first-rate project players (Payne/Strauss), while Munster sign a farcical, incompetant, non-scrummaging prop (Borlase)... :(

When a project player isn't working out, Leinster cut their losses (Sykes), while Munster bury their head in the sand, which results in a farcical, incompetant, non-scrummaging prop playing 3 games in 16 months (Borlase)... :(

Leinster seek to address a significant area of concern (lock), by starting a recruitment project (Route 66), while Munster's approach to a significant area of concern (centre) is just to keep buying average, aging imports (Downey, Laulala, 2e2pu) on short-term deals ... :(

If DRyan joins Leinster, I will probably stop following rugby...Munster attempting to recruit a 21 year-old, 5/6 choice backrow (Ruddock) is one thing, Leinster signing our 28 year-old, first-choice 4/6 is something completely different...

Were it to come to pass though, I certainly wouldn't blame DRyan...
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Don't fret Apocrypha, this is bullsh*t. If he didn't leave when he was warming the bench for four years, he's hardly going to go when he's finally become a starter. Probably his agent feeding the gullible Farrelly some cr@p to get an improved contract extension.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Deccie wont give him a start over DOC, you can see how he would be pissed off. Come here and its a fair shake, stay south and extend DOCs retirement fund -
( if Frankie Sheehan did not give Hugh Farrelly a moaning call, he would not be doing his job!) :wink:
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Benji
Knowledgeable

Post by Benji »

Apocrypha wrote:Given the ongoing and complete incompetence of MR, I really wouldn't be surprised... :(

Leinster and Ulster are run by professionals, while we appear to be run by half-wits... :evil:

Ulster and Leinster sign first-rate senior operators as their medical jokers (Terblanche/Thorn), while Munster sign a 23 year on a RFL sabbatical (Chambers)... :(

Ulster and Leinster source first-rate project players (Payne/Strauss), while Munster sign a farcical, incompetant, non-scrummaging prop (Borlase)... :(

When a project player isn't working out, Leinster cut their losses (Sykes), while Munster bury their head in the sand, which results in a farcical, incompetant, non-scrummaging prop playing 3 games in 16 months (Borlase)... :(

Leinster seek to address a significant area of concern (lock), by starting a recruitment project (Route 66), while Munster's approach to a significant area of concern (centre) is just to keep buying average, aging imports (Downey, Laulala, 2e2pu) on short-term deals ... :(

If DRyan joins Leinster, I will probably stop following rugby...Munster attempting to recruit a 21 year-old, 5/6 choice backrow (Ruddock) is one thing, Leinster signing our 28 year-old, first-choice 4/6 is something completely different...

Were it to come to pass though, I certainly wouldn't blame DRyan...
Thats a good call on most of what you have said but I really cant see D Ryan moving from Munster. I 'd see more truth in Nagle and Mick McCarthy joining. Nagle while unproven he has too start playing at a higher level.
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

Hopefully contract negotiations. No frontline player has ever switched provinces and if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I am thinking that Ryan is frontline and you would like to think that Munster and Ireland would think so too. This should do no harm
in waking up the IRFU from their slumber.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

There is more chance of St Declans CBS winning the SCT than there is of Ryan signing for Leinster.
I have Bumbleflex
Benji
Knowledgeable

Post by Benji »

Its Farrelly lads His gone and mixed up Valentines and April the 1st.
His not a serious source for anything
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

olaf the fat wrote:Deccie wont give him a start over DOC
He moves to Leinster and he hasnt a hope in hell of getting in the Irish squad. It just cements DOC and POC combination for another 5 years or so.

Wont happen though, its farrelly.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Logorrhea wrote:
olaf the fat wrote:Deccie wont give him a start over DOC
He moves to Leinster and he hasnt a hope in hell of getting in the Irish squad. It just cements DOC and POC combination for another 5 years or so.

Wont happen though, its farrelly.
Thats assuming DK will still be here......

Would hate to see this move happening anyway, it would open the floodgates for these moves to be happening all the time, which would completely dilute the rivalry between the two of us
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
mikerob
Mullet

Post by mikerob »

Apocrypha wrote:Given the ongoing and complete incompetence of MR, I really wouldn't be surprised... :(

Jeez, if you'd seen the way Ulster handled Brian McLaughlin/new coach story, you wouldn't say they are run by professionals... :wink:

I think one point in Ulster anyway is that recruitment seems to be handled by David Humphreys therefore leaving the coach to focus on the on-field activities. I believe that recruitment, if done properly, needs a lot of time devoted to it.
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

Dave Cahill wrote:There is more chance of St Declans CBS winning the SCT than there is of Ryan signing for Leinster.
How are they doing?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Ah, well done Hugh- If all else fails:

"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan