Indo reporting Donnacha Ryan considering Leinster move

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Indo reporting Donnacha Ryan considering Leinster move

Post by Dave Cahill »

Fred Funk wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:There is more chance of St Declans CBS winning the SCT than there is of Ryan signing for Leinster.
How are they doing?
As well as ever, theres no rugby in Decos :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

What really annoys me about this is that he's so non commital on it. All he says is that he's considering a move and so when nothing happens he can turn around and say "well it's not like I said it was definitey happening.". Now that'd be fine if there was any truth to this but on the basis that we can probably assume that it's not being considered at all he has license to just make something up and get away with it.

If MOD is retiring then it's more unlikely that we'll be getting Nagle though.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Fred Funk wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:There is more chance of St Declans CBS winning the SCT than there is of Ryan signing for Leinster.
How are they doing?
As well as ever, theres no rugby in Decos :lol:
So the chances are not high, is what you're saying? :D
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

And where pray tell is this illustrious institution based?
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

suisse wrote: So the chances are not high, is what you're saying? :D
Not good, no :lol:

Nelly, its in Cabra
I have Bumbleflex
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Nelly, its in Cabra
You'll be eating those words if Decos produce a team next year. If China can produce an Olympic track and field gold medalist and Zambia a decent football team, I have every faith in Declan's winning the Cup and Ryan ordering a Heineken in Kiely's with the rest of Ladyezz Rovers
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

suisse wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Nelly, its in Cabra
You'll be eating those words if Decos produce a team next year. If Terenure College can produce a cup wining GAA Footbal team, I have every faith in Declan's winning the Cup and Ryan ordering a Heineken in Kiely's with the rest of Ladyezz Rovers
Fixed in a Dublin context.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I've no direct knowledge of this "St. Declan's" place but sadly I think the prospect of seeing a successful "Declan's team" in rugby has ceased to be a possibility...
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Don't be so hasty, heard a rumour down the club 2 weeks ago that Ryan was considering the move and Macken(or another young midfield back) would head in the opposite direction.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I know Macken has plenty of competition here too but it'd be a braindead move to go to Munster when they've just signed an NIQ 13. I'd imagine that Earls is pencilled in as the back up 13 so can't see how his gametime would increase that much.
kendalgerty
Graduate

Post by kendalgerty »

That didn't stop Kieran Lewis going South and look how that worked ou... oh right.
http://whiffofcordite.com/ - Whiff of Cordite - The Rugby Nerd's Blog
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

Donny B. wrote:Don't fret Apocrypha, this is bullsh*t. If he didn't leave when he was warming the bench for four years, he's hardly going to go when he's finally become a starter. Probably his agent feeding the gullible Farrelly some cr@p to get an improved contract extension.
Thanks for the reassurance Donny!

Obviously, I hope that it is merely a kite flying exercise by his agent... :wink:

In spite of how well we have done this season - in topping the HEC pool stage and bringing through youngsters - I am still sickened by the garbage we've bought in the last few weeks...Downey is a donkey, and Laulala is just another Kiwi reject a la 2e2pu...

Ruddock would only have been a good signing if he could play 8 (which he can't), as we are overstocked with 6s (DRyan/Leamy/POM/DOC2.0/Holland)...Personally, unlike a number of idiot Munsterfans, I have no bones with Leinster getting Thorn from Japan...my issue is why aren't the poorly educated, pig-ignorant clowns who pretend to run MR out getting Jacque Fourie on a 3 month loan from Japan...Borlase, I hear is on a huge wedge, and will go down in history as the worst Munster signing ever - surpassing even Clint Huppert!!!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Apocrypha wrote:Personally, unlike a number of idiot Munsterfans, I have no bones with Leinster getting Thorn from Japan...
I rarely ever look at Munsterfans, but your comment there made me check it. Out of curiosity. There are some spectacularly retarded comments on there about this signing.

http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/3082 ... o-Leinster
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
flanders09
Beginner

Post by flanders09 »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Nelly, its in Cabra
If I recall some of the lads while I went there I'd imagine they could put together a fairly 'combative' team. And that would be putting it mildly!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

flanders09 wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Nelly, its in Cabra
If I recall some of the lads while I went there I'd imagine they could put together a fairly 'combative' team. And that would be putting it mildly!
Mr McLaughlin, the PE teacher did rugby with us a couple of times in PE class, the first time, one lad broke off the back of a 'scrum', burst through about 5 tackles, crossed the try line...

....then spiked the ball. :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
flanders09
Beginner

Post by flanders09 »

So the chances are not high, is what you're saying? :D[/quote]

Nelly, its in Cabra[/quote]

If I recall some of the lads while I went there I'd imagine they could put together a fairly 'combative' team. And that would be putting it mildly![/quote]

Mr McLaughlin, the PE teacher did rugby with us a couple of times in PE class, the first time, one lad broke off the back of a 'scrum', burst through about 5 tackles, crossed the try line...

....then spiked the ball. :lol:[/quote]

The same teacher tried tag rugby with us (he'd tired of Dodgeball and running 'The Bogies'). This only lasted one week as someone got absolutely mullered about 5 minutes into the session. Fun times!

Back to topic though - no chance DR going to Leinster. None.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I was under the impression that sewing mailbags was how recreation time was spent in St. Declans :wink:
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Dave Cahill wrote:

Nelly, its in Cabra
Plenty of Gah and soccer on offer so I guess..........
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I've no direct knowledge of this "St. Declan's" place but sadly I think the prospect of seeing a successful "Declan's team" in rugby has ceased to be a possibility...

Baddummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................tisch!
jimbojones

Post by jimbojones »

Apocrypha, you wouldnt happen to be Jandek on Munsterfans by any chance?? Gives a pretty damning report on the state of Munster Rugby....

"You won't find it because it doesn't exist. See the (below) most recent correspondence between myself and MFs resident, salivating, gurning-goon-spoofer-in-chief (T78) on the matter. AFAIK, I was the only poster to question the rationale of signing Chambers at the time, though I haven't re-read every one of the 1384 posts on the matter (http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/2...ght=new+centre).

Personally, even though you are clearly a WUM, I would nevertheless, like to take this opportunity to congratulate Leinster on the fantastic signing of Thorn. As I have said before, Leinster and Ulster are run by cold-blooded professionals, who have no truck with cutting their losses with dross (Sykes), in order to bring in prime talent (Thorn). MR, by contrast, have now wasted almost 2 years (and a valuable project player place) on Borlase, who patently cannot scrummage, and who (injuries aside) has started 3 games during that period.

As a private sector businessman, I admired the recent brave decision by DH (haven first taken counsel from senior UR players) to dispence with BMc - who though he is a good coach, is clearly not good enough for an ambitious organisation like UR. Just look at the NIQ talent that DH and UR have managed to attract over the last few years: Pienaar, Mueller, BJB, Payne, Afoa, Terblanche and with Bowe and Kaino on the way apparently. Compare these players to the sub-standard NIQs we have brought in during the same period: Williams, Borlase, 2E2PU, Chambers, Melck, Morland, Manning - BJB, Howlett and Warwick were no brainers, while WDP was a medical joker that just happened to work out.

For far too long MR and MFs have wallowed in a pathetic form of sentimentality and maudlin victimhood (I note that there is currently a thread discussing the 'legend' that is/was Lifemi Mafi, and cannot wait to make my own invaluable contribution in a year's time to a thread discussing the 'legend' that was 'Big Pete').

Instead of critising Leinster re: Thorn - in spite of the obvious and ridiculous double-standards (Chambers being our most recent example of a short term contact that didn't derive any benefit) - why don't our resident salivating goons and spoofers start questioning why MR have not similarly gone out and tried to acquire first rate talent like Jaque Fourie from Kobe Steelers on a 3 month deal? Imagine what impact he would have at centre for us against UR in the HEC QFs.

The simple fact remains that for the usual reasons of 'sentimenatlity' we currently have a backs coach (Holland) and scrum coach (MCCarthy) - both of whom are ex-players - who appear incapable of carrying out their basic duties. You will note, how much was recently made about how BJB and Howlett have been 'instrumental' in improving our back play (i.e. Saints away) and scrummaging, which is all well and good, it's just not part of their job specification.

Allied to our 'coaching issues', our management team is also currently made up of another fantastic ex-player (Payne), and an ex-CBC coach; neither of whom has any background in running a business, let alone experience of running a multi-million euro organisation, such as MR. And yet we wonder why in the modern world of professional rugby, MR cannot source talent, attract first-rate NIQs, address falling attendances, move on under-performing players, streamline our academy, increase our pathetic Ireland U20 contribution (currently 3/22), etc..."

Mainly post to boards but decided to broaden my horizons and post a little closer to home!!