Kidney OUT

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

berniemac67
Mullet

Re: Kidney OUT

Post by berniemac67 »

lummix wrote: Ps you know where deccie should go and coach next, south Africa they'd love his style of rugby there
saffers wouldn't have any time for his cute hoor horseshit. only the irish would interpret his demeanor as being anything other than the carry on of a fuckwit.

oh i just want him to f%~k straight off.

quickly.
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

janeymac08 wrote:
lummix wrote:Shane Jennings got 17+3 and while it might have felt put out by Keith Gleeson's selection ahead of him, Gleeson was a far better player than he was and Jennings was correct to move to Leicester where he was going to get more gametime.

The reason Jennings was so pissed off was that gleeson was only back from injury and was selected ahead of him immediately for the leicster game. Gleeson was never the same player after that injury and it was a mistake to lose jennings. No lesser man than Neil back selected Jennings as his replacement at Leicester as they felt Jennings would emerge as the best 7 in Europe. Anyway alls well than ends well they both learned plenty in leicster and brought it back here and finally the lady boys had a serious edge to us.

Ps you know where deccie should go and coach next, south Africa they'd love his style of rugby there
Didn't something similar happen with regard to Brian O'Driscoll last season.
Devin Toner must be rightly pissed off the way Brad Thorn was parachuted in ahead of him.
o'driscoll was never dropped last season
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
janeymac08 wrote: Didn't something similar happen with regard to Brian O'Driscoll last season.
Devin Toner must be rightly pissed off the way Brad Thorn was parachuted in ahead of him.
That's a good point actually, the fact that it happened to 2 other players 7 years later should mean that Jennings had no right to be pissed off at the time.
i do agree that jennings shouldn't have been upset, but we are loking at this from years later when the squad aproach is more firmly established. also, js is very clear and open with the players with no acting the bollix.

hpwever, bod and thorn (world class and legends of the game) replaced o'malley and toner. compare that with gleeson (legend??) replacing jenings. not quite the same thing at all.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
maccer
Bookworm

Post by maccer »

I'm sure neither Leo nor Jennings left Leinster after a Kidney season over a single event, I am sure like lost people who leave jobs it was for a an accumulation of reasons.
The point I am making is that many years later when DK was in the top job he made sure to exact retribution and to continue to do so.
Leo would not have displaced POC, at times when in top form 3 years ago and DOC was playing like a drain he could have had a shot, but instead MOD got the call.
Likewise for Jennings, the few opportuntities that have presented themselves - he has been overlooked, regardless of form.
I would not dispute that he has ever looked entirely comfortable at International level, but most of his opportunities came in skeleton teams.
Go on ya boya Deccie - give them nathin!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

janeymac08 wrote:
lummix wrote:Shane Jennings got 17+3 and while it might have felt put out by Keith Gleeson's selection ahead of him, Gleeson was a far better player than he was and Jennings was correct to move to Leicester where he was going to get more gametime.

The reason Jennings was so pissed off was that gleeson was only back from injury and was selected ahead of him immediately for the leicster game. Gleeson was never the same player after that injury and it was a mistake to lose jennings. No lesser man than Neil back selected Jennings as his replacement at Leicester as they felt Jennings would emerge as the best 7 in Europe. Anyway alls well than ends well they both learned plenty in leicster and brought it back here and finally the lady boys had a serious edge to us.

Ps you know where deccie should go and coach next, south Africa they'd love his style of rugby there
Didn't something similar happen with regard to Brian O'Driscoll last season.
Devin Toner must be rightly pissed off the way Brad Thorn was parachuted in ahead of him.[/quote]

So what, we won the HEC. End justifies the means.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

What I recall about Jennings (don't know if it's an urban legend) is that Leicester wanted him badly and Leinster didn't have a lot to offer in terms of a good contract. Jennings went into his contract negotiations and said that he'd stay if Leinster matched, in Euros, the sterling offer from Leicester.

Leinster weren't willing/able to do that. Now Leinster weren't the club they are now and there were other priorities in terms of keeping players.

I don't think Kidney ever liked or rated Jennings, I don't think he knows how to get the best out of a player like him and as I see it, Kidney has ill treated every player that left Ireland to pursue a professional rugby career except Bowe. This last point has become so pervasive in Irish rugby that we've been hearing a lot of wondering about Bent coming straight into the squad without playing provincial rugby. An obvious and unquestioned requirement, but one with no basis.
maccer
Bookworm

Post by maccer »

Of course apart from his known grudges against Leo and Jenno and his ill treatment of exiled players, there is also his penchant for the premature elevation of his munster tyros.
I have no doubt that Peter O'Mahony, Conor Murray and David Kilcoyne will develop into fine players in the future - but just that....in the future, I reckon there are a number of people, most notably Tom Court at loose head who will be srcatching their heads over DK's elevation, CM has been patently in over his head after a promising start and POM has not shown it for me just yet.
All in all a great player manager is our Uncle Deccie.
Kidney Out!!
Last edited by maccer on November 21st, 2012, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

janeymac08 wrote:Didn't something similar happen with regard to Brian O'Driscoll last season.
Speaking of the greatest Irish rugby player to have ever graced our sport, here is what he wrote in his diary entry for Wednesday 6th April 2005, the day that Declan Kidney announced he was walking out on Leinster and reneging on his contract with us

"In all honesty I have scarcely learnt a thing technically, at Leinster for a couple of years now. My game hasn't progressed as I would have liked. I'm just honing old skills and maintaining fitness levels. What I would really like now is a brilliant and innovative technical coach, buzzing with new ideas and drills to help take my game to another level on a weekly basis." O'Driscoll, Brian (2005) "A year in the Centre" Penguin Ireland Pg 97.

Thankfully Brian got what he wished for over the last 7 years, under M Cheika & J Schmidt and has now got the medals a player of his talent deserves.

We all have our own opinions on Kidney, some based on Provincial loyalty or bias, some based on hearsay, or some on the recent Irish performances etc. But if this is what Drico thought of him after spending a season under him, its good enough for me.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
illthinkofsomething
Bookworm

Post by illthinkofsomething »

ceemec wrote:
illthinkofsomething wrote: Jackson did ok his goal kicking was below par IMO and I cant see how he leapfrogged Madigan. In rugbby countries that generally beat us players like Gilroy, Madigan, Toner, Marshallx2, J.Murphy get a run. How many times do we see them drop players like Rokokoko, Josh Kronfelt (spelling ??) Cullen and then the talent that comes out is even better. Irish players have nothing to play for if there is no hope of promotion. Imagine what would happen if Dan Cater started whinging after a game saying he was retiring because he wasn't getting a start....
Jackson has been excellent for Ulster for a few months. He has been central to their form this season, winning home and away in the HEC. He has controlled the game and kept a very steady hand on proceedings. These are all things Madigan has struggled with. He has never been trusted to do these things for Leinster. Jackson is in the squad because he has earned it and deserves it.

Whilst I detest DK's selection policy, other countries can be equally reluctant to cut loose the old reliables. Of the NZ players you named, Rokocoko was still being selected non stop despite playing fairly brutally for NZ for a couple of years. He was an out and out try scorer who scored three tries in his last twenty one caps. Kronfeld got 54 caps in 5 years (basically every game possible) before calling time himself and heading to Leicester. It was only after he left that McCaw made his debut. Cullen played all the games up until the end of 2002 and moved to Munster shortly after. We're fairly poxy at bringing through players but a lot of countries will hang onto players after they're passed their best too.
Shooting from the hip here wrt players but if you think that the likes of NZ hang on to players when they dropping off and there is an up and coming new kid on the block.....well good luck to you.
2009 2011 2012
Lions me hole, I have no interest in watching Irishmen getting injured playing for England in Welsh shirts....it has a ring of the Somme to it
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

maccer wrote:I'm sure neither Leo nor Jennings left Leinster after a Kidney season over a single event, I am sure like lost people who leave jobs it was for a an accumulation of reasons.
The point I am making is that many years later when DK was in the top job he made sure to exact retribution and to continue to do so.
Leo would not have displaced POC, at times when in top form 3 years ago and DOC was playing like a drain he could have had a shot, but instead MOD got the call.
Likewise for Jennings, the few opportuntities that have presented themselves - he has been overlooked, regardless of form.
I would not dispute that he has ever looked entirely comfortable at International level, but most of his opportunities came in skeleton teams.
Go on ya boya Deccie - give them nathin!
Cullen got 50% of his international caps (13) from Kidney. MOD got a few since around the time he was Munster's Player of the Year and deserved them.

Jennings just wasn't in the same class as David Wallace. And as you say, he never looked entirely comfortable at international level when he did get the chance.
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

Mauler wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:Didn't something similar happen with regard to Brian O'Driscoll last season.
Speaking of the greatest Irish rugby player to have ever graced our sport, here is what he wrote in his diary entry for Wednesday 6th April 2005, the day that Declan Kidney announced he was walking out on Leinster and reneging on his contract with us

"In all honesty I have scarcely learnt a thing technically, at Leinster for a couple of years now. My game hasn't progressed as I would have liked. I'm just honing old skills and maintaining fitness levels. What I would really like now is a brilliant and innovative technical coach, buzzing with new ideas and drills to help take my game to another level on a weekly basis." O'Driscoll, Brian (2005) "A year in the Centre" Penguin Ireland Pg 97.

Thankfully Brian got what he wished for over the last 7 years, under M Cheika & J Schmidt and has now got the medals a player of his talent deserves.

We all have our own opinions on Kidney, some based on Provincial loyalty or bias, some based on hearsay, or some on the recent Irish performances etc. But if this is what Drico thought of him after spending a season under him, its good enough for me.
I can't wait to hear what Brian has to say in his next book about that nutty backs coach Cheika had to get rid of.
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

ronk wrote:What I recall about Jennings (don't know if it's an urban legend) is that Leicester wanted him badly and Leinster didn't have a lot to offer in terms of a good contract. Jennings went into his contract negotiations and said that he'd stay if Leinster matched, in Euros, the sterling offer from Leicester.

Leinster weren't willing/able to do that. Now Leinster weren't the club they are now and there were other priorities in terms of keeping players.

I don't think Kidney ever liked or rated Jennings, I don't think he knows how to get the best out of a player like him and as I see it, Kidney has ill treated every player that left Ireland to pursue a professional rugby career except Bowe. This last point has become so pervasive in Irish rugby that we've been hearing a lot of wondering about Bent coming straight into the squad without playing provincial rugby. An obvious and unquestioned requirement, but one with no basis.
He brought Ross back into the fold and advised him to come home. He capped him when he was still a 'quinns player (brought him on tour to USA & Canada). Leinster of course relegated him to 10 minute bench option and preferred a converted loosehead to play tighthead when CJ's toe was acting up.

Kidney also brought Geordan Murphy back into the fold. He even gave Bob Casey a call!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

What we are seeing from JM08 et al is Kidneys only remaining tactic. Talk a load of balls in the hope of distracting from the substantive issue.

Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased, dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

Every time JM08 or M#1 post anything on the subject, thats the only thing to keep in mind.

I have Bumbleflex
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Advised him to come home?? Where did you get that from? He told Ross when he was leaving for the prem, that he wouldn't be wanted in Ireland again, if he made the move accross the water.
So much so that the week before the November flogging of Sgt. Elias Hayes, he knew that kidney would not select him and that it had nothing to do with his performances!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

janeymac08 wrote:
Cullen got 50% of his international caps (13) from Kidney.
That tells less than half the story. In the 2011 6N Cullen was capped in all 5 matches, for a total of 25 mins (twice 1 minute stints, a 4 minute game, a 6 min appearance and 13 mins against Scotland). There was also the last minute cameo against Wales in the final game of the previous 6N, that followed on from a 10 min run out against the English the previous week. I can't recall off the top of my head which game it was, but Leo was brought off the bench with 30 seconds left in the game. I do remember thinking that was the ultimate insult to a fine player and HC winning captain. No surprises when Leo elected to have an operation in time to return for the HC knockout stages rather than wait for another one minute cap.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Before the 2007 WC, EOS was one of the front runners for the next Lions job. Now he would'nt get a job in an AIL club. Kidney seems to be on the same road to oblivion.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

Dave Cahill wrote:What we are seeing from JM08 et al is Kidneys only remaining tactic. Talk a load of balls in the hope of distracting from the substantive issue.

Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased, dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

Every time JM08 or M#1 post anything on the subject, thats the only thing to keep in mind.

Provincially biased? He made Jamie f%~king Heslip an Irish Captain!!!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

rookie wrote:
Provincially biased? He made Jamie f%~king Heslip an Irish Captain!!!
That you would question the appointment of the vice captain of the most successful team in the modern history of european rugby as captain of Ireland in the absence of Irelands greatest ever player and Paul O'Connell means that all that one can really say to you is...

...Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.
I have Bumbleflex