Leinster v Exeter

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

outcast eddie
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Exeter

Post by outcast eddie »

I agree with you on Isa and Rob.

Isa is a slightly better in attack and light years ahead in defence.

......and so the Isa/Rob debate rolls into town once again. :|
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Ferg to 14 and Isa to the bench if Drico is fit for next week.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Cianostays wrote:Ferg to 14 and Isa to the bench if Drico is fit for next week.
I'd put Ferg on the bench. Madness to leave Isa on the bench unless he's carrying an injury. He's too classy to leave aside. Although I've a funny feeling BOD wasn't right before the game and Joe knew that and he may be out or still carrying a slight injury next week.
3 Gold Stars
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Thank f*ck we don't have to play Clermont last. Just watching their game against Exeter here and Fofana's first try is one of the best team tries I've ever seen. Unbelievable, Harlem Globetrotters rugby.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I feel the team have really been gearing up for this Exeter game.

Strauss Kev SOB and maybe Browne back would really help.

Hopefully the weather is ol and they can really show what they are made of.

Its a bit of a cup fonal for us.
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

johng wrote:I feel the team have really been gearing up for this Exeter game.

Strauss Kev SOB and maybe Browne back would really help.

Hopefully the weather is ol and they can really show what they are made of.

Its a bit of a cup fonal for us.
Anyone else starting to get nervous?
The French are predictably unpredictable
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

hugonaut wrote:Thank f*ck we don't have to play Clermont last. Just watching their game against Exeter here and Fofana's first try is one of the best team tries I've ever seen. Unbelievable, Harlem Globetrotters rugby.
Its just like watching Munster :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

hugonaut wrote:Thank f*ck we don't have to play Clermont last. Just watching their game against Exeter here and Fofana's first try is one of the best team tries I've ever seen. Unbelievable, Harlem Globetrotters rugby.
Clearly not watching Munster then. :wink:
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Its just like watching Munster :lol:
Doh... :oops:
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

I'm totally confused now... So can someone tell me... with Ospreys and Leicester drawing....IF.............we get 5 points next week.... what do we need others to do ???
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Alright, I'm fairly certain that these are the remaining requirements.

Unless there are a series of freak results, it's 99% certain that we'll need a bonus point win in Exeter.

If we achieve that and either (a) Toulon beat Montpellier - even with a LBP for Montpellier OR (b) Munster fail to get a BP win over Racing, we go through.

If neither of those results go as above, then we need to score 2 more tries than Munster do against Racing (i.e. if Munster get 4, we would need to have 6 etc.) as the second criteria of being tied on points and tries scored is aggregate score, which Munster have a decent lead over us.

If Munster fail to get a BP win and score 0 or 1 try and we fail to get a BP win but score 3 tries, we go through as long as Northampton don't get a BP win in Glasgow and Biarritz don't get a BP win at home to Quins and Toulouse beat Leicester regardless of LBP.

OR

If Montpellier lose and fail to get a LBP, then a simple win in Exeter would be enough as long as Northampton don't get a BP win in Glasgow and Biarritz don't get a BP win at home to Quins and Toulouse beat Leicester regardless of LBP.

Leicester Tolouse Ospreys group is now fairly irrelevant as Leicester and Toulouse play each other, so one has to lose, even with a LBP, knocking them out.

So it comes down to 3 fixtures, Exeter v Leinster, Montpellier v Toulon and Munster v Racing - The 2 runner up spots will be decided by those 3 games.
Last edited by [Jackass] on January 13th, 2013, 5:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

[Jackass] wrote:Alright, I'm fairly certain that these are the remaining requirements.

Unless there are a series of freak results, it's 99% certain that we'll need a bonus point win in Exeter.

If we achieve that and either (a) Toulon beat Montpellier - even with a LBP for Montpellier OR (b) Munster fail to get a BP win over Racing, we go through.

If neither of those results go as above, then we need to score 2 more tries than Munster do against Racing (i.e. if Munster get 4, we would need to have 6 etc.) as the second criteria of being tied on points and tries scored is aggregate score, which Munster have a decent lead over us.

If Munster fail to get a BP win and score 0 or 1 try and we fail to get a BP win but score 3 tries, we go through.

Leicester Tolouse Ospreys group is now fairly irrelevant as Leicester and Toulouse play each other, so one has to lose, even with a LBP, knocking them out.

So it comes down to 3 fixtures, Exeter v Leinster, Montpellier v Toulon and Munster v Racing - The 2 runner up spots will be decided by those 3 games.

You're a better man than I am Jackass... Cheers for that !!
red49
Knowledgeable

Post by red49 »

[Jackass] wrote:Alright, I'm fairly certain that these are the remaining requirements

unless toulouse score 4 tries and lose by less than 7 coupled with a leicester win ,they would then get 20 points and both munster and leinster would be fupped.
Retired
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

[Jackass] wrote:Alright, I'm fairly certain that these are the remaining requirements.

If Munster fail to get a BP win and score 0 or 1 try and we fail to get a BP win but score 3 tries, we go through as long as Northampton don't get a BP win in Glasgow and Biarritz don't get a BP win at home to Quins.

OR

If Montpellier lose and fail to get a LBP, then a simple win in Exeter would be enough as long as Northampton don't get a BP win in Glasgow and Biarritz don't get a BP win at home to Quins.

This is really clear thanks, just one really unlikely option if Leicester beat Toulouse but Toulouse get a LBP + a 4 try bonus point where does that leave them ?
Flying wedge
red49
Knowledgeable

Post by red49 »

footrush wrote:

If Munster fail to get a BP win and score 0 or 1 try and we fail to get a BP win but score 3 tries, we go through as long as Northampton don't get a BP win in Glasgow and Biarritz don't get a BP win at home to Quins.

OR

If Montpellier lose and fail to get a LBP, then a simple win in Exeter would be enough as long as Northampton don't get a BP win in Glasgow and Biarritz don't get a BP win at home to Quins.

This is really clear thanks, just one really unlikely option if Leicester beat Toulouse but Toulouse get a LBP + a 4 try bonus point where does that leave them ?
see my post above , if that unlikely one happened they probably both go through because leicesater would have won group and toulouse would be on 20 and woulsd qualify on tries scored
Retired
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Yup cheers for that, corrected it.

Have left out some of the most freak results like if Munster score 6 goals and Earls gets a hatrick and Toulouse beat batman 2 - 11, then the rest of it is pretty straight forward! :D
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

C'mon Toulon! :)
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

I've been doing some re-search and I reckon the only BP defeat Exeter have suffered at Sandy Pk this year was at the hands of Clermont.

The Saints managed it against them at Franklin Gardens earlier in the year.

I'm just trying to put next weeks challenge into perspective, anyone able to expand on this?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

We have to stop building Exeter up to something the're not.

Clermont put 12 tries on them in two games. We should fecking hammer them!
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

No smoke without fire. They're a decent side, and hopefully a different animal to when we last met them. The return of Luke and rob should help. But the task is to win, then lets see if we can that tbp...