Leinster v Exeter

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

outcast eddie
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Exeter

Post by outcast eddie »

While we're talking sacreligious benching of legends how about RK on the bench with Isa at full back and Luuuke and Ferg on the wings?

If Rob needs to come on then Isa moves to the wing.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Edging towards Heresy now.
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

Just checked because I'd forgotten the ref for the Exeter game. I see our old pal Romain Poite is reffing this one.

Munster have Wayne Barnes for their match verses Racing.
red49
Knowledgeable

Post by red49 »

rosscarrick wrote:I see Sky are showing the worthless Scarlets Clermont game ahead of the important Exeter Leinster game.
We seem to be on the red button - which I dont have.

Will this change when they look at the games?
Fyi its listed today as the main game on sky sports 3
Retired
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Kinger83 wrote:Just checked because I'd forgotten the ref for the Exeter game. I see our old pal Romain Poite is reffing this one.

Munster have Wayne Barnes for their match verses Racing.
Used to rate Poite - till he did the Rabbo final last year which he made a b*%&!x of - so, his chance to get back in my good books, a chance which I am sure he will relish....
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

Just check Exeter stats!

Only one team has got a BP against the Chiefs this season in the premiership, Saints at home!

But good news is that the chiefs have leaked 25 tries in 13 games and would be equal 5th worse in giving tries away, so they do leak! But to get 6 in one game! Like this is rare! Unfortunately remember Racing a couple of years ago! We did it then but bloody hell if racing play so disinterested in thomond we will never out score Munster
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I've sent Bail's doctor to France to find out what the turnips have been poisoning Poite with

Exeter only have LV Cup following week so youd think full strength team but theyve played first choice team 6 games on the bounce (only checked back 6 games) and they make full use of the bench but aside from Hayes and Whitten no one seems to be rested ever/seriously rotated so you have to question how much theyll have in the tank for this one especially if we play at same intensity as last saturday (especially if Pote is stricter on defending teams at breakdown and uses yellow card) and we spring a bench of Heinke, Strauss, Locky/jenno, Reddan, Madigan, McFadden
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

No professional team will roll over for anyone (unless they are French!! :D ) and i'm sure they (Exeter) will be well up for the chance of beating the European Champions.

Against Scarlets I was confident we would get the bonus, and assuming that we can put out the same quality of team (ie no injuries), i'm confident of our ability to do it again, especially with last week under our belt. It will not be easy, they will not roll over, but we can do it, and Joe will have a plan - and the boys will deliver.

Problem will be the other groups....!
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

red49 wrote:
rosscarrick wrote:I see Sky are showing the worthless Scarlets Clermont game ahead of the important Exeter Leinster game.

The boys on Sky when wrapping up their coverage said that they would be based in Sandy Park on Saturday so they will have it as the main match.
Munster v Racing game is on the Red Button on Sunday lunchtime - well thats what they put up on the graphic yesterday evening.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Mauler wrote:
red49 wrote:

The boys on Sky when wrapping up their coverage said that they would be based in Sandy Park on Saturday so they will have it as the main match.
Munster v Racing game is on the Red Button on Sunday lunchtime - well thats what they put up on the graphic yesterday evening.
Contradicted by this entirely... :?

http://www.skysports.ie/story/0,19528,12946,00.html
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

AdamK wrote:I'd still start him if he wasn't 100%, as already said what use is an injured player on the bench? You'll just have him going off and someone like Boss coming back on after a few minutes anyway.

If he isn't 100% he can play on the fringes and link up.
It's not that he's not fit per se. More that you could have the starting backline training together all week instead of throwing someone else in a couple of days before the game. He could be 100% fit but it could upset the rhythm the other guys have got into. Now I know Bod has played countless games with these guys but even so, a late arrival could upset things.
bringbackrocky
Beginner

Post by bringbackrocky »

au revoir jonny
and who can blame him

3 h cups
rds sell outs
aviva sell outs

5.80 a pint in the rds

and we dont sign any decent players.
Since Rocky we got nobody..Thorn was on holidays while here.

Joe needs to get the cheque book out and sign some Top Class players
A lock, scrum half and a world class wing.

Next season will be just as bad after the Lions tour and a November with NZ in town the best players wont be available.
Last season we had a handy group and home QF vs a poor cardiff so 1 game (ASM away which we were an inch from losing) and we won the cup.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Donny B. wrote:
Mauler wrote:The boys on Sky when wrapping up their coverage said that they would be based in Sandy Park on Saturday so they will have it as the main match.

I recorded European Rugby Special last night and I just double checked now and they had same graphic as I saw at the end of the Ospres v Tigers game:
Friday
Biarritz v Harlequins 1930 Sky Sports 2
Connacht v Zebre (Red Button)

Saturday
Castres v Ulster 1300 Sky Sports 3
Glasgow v Saints (Red Button)#

Montpellier v Toulon 1540 Sky Sports 3

Exeter v Leinster 1800 Sky Sports 3
Scarlets v Clermont (Red Button)

Sunday
Sarries v Edinburgh 1230 Sky Sports 2
Munster v Racing (Red Button)
Followed by
Leicester v Toulouse
Treviso v Ospreys (Red Button)

Perhaps they had a change of heart and moved us to the Red Button? But the above is what was on the end graphic of their highlights show last night.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Mauler wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Mauler wrote:The boys on Sky when wrapping up their coverage said that they would be based in Sandy Park on Saturday so they will have it as the main match.

I recorded European Rugby Special last night and I just double checked now and they had same graphic as I saw at the end of the Ospres v Tigers game:
Friday
Biarritz v Harlequins 1930 Sky Sports 2
Connacht v Zebre (Red Button)

Saturday
Castres v Ulster 1300 Sky Sports 3
Glasgow v Saints (Red Button)#

Montpellier v Toulon 1540 Sky Sports 3

Exeter v Leinster 1800 Sky Sports 3
Scarlets v Clermont (Red Button)

Sunday
Sarries v Edinburgh 1230 Sky Sports 2
Munster v Racing (Red Button)
Followed by
Leicester v Toulouse
Treviso v Ospreys (Red Button)

Perhaps they had a change of heart and moved us to the Red Button? But the above is what was on the end graphic of their highlights show last night.
Hopefully you're right, they'd have a change of heart before.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

They don't fix the red button options on sky until the middle of the week before the match - I've found that out to my cost when I've tried to be super organised and set up my recordings early and they've then switched matches between main broadcast and red button and the sky box doesn't pick up the changes for some reason. It's usually the Wednesday when they come through - at the moment I only have the option to record our match at 5.45 on Saturday and no red button option. That will change in the next couple of days.

Not a chance that our match won't be the main match I wouldn't have thought though.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Vamos los azules wrote:They don't fix the red button options on sky until the middle of the week before the match - I've found that out to my cost when I've tried to be super organised and set up my recordings early and they've then switched matches between main broadcast and red button and the sky box doesn't pick up the changes for some reason. It's usually the Wednesday when they come through - at the moment I only have the option to record our match at 5.45 on Saturday and no red button option. That will change in the next couple of days.

Not a chance that our match won't be the main match I wouldn't have thought though.
It was set as Scarlets Clermont this morning on my sky remote record app. Changed at some point during the day and now is Exe Lein.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Weird that they'd out the Munster game on the red button as that's likely to be a more entertaining game with more at stake. Presumably Saracens v Edinburgh will be over by half time.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

McFadden starts. Luke, Rob and Isa battling for the last 2 spots. If I was picking,

9. Boss 10. JS 11. Fitz 12. D'arcy 13. BOD 14. Ferg 15. Isa
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

suisse wrote:McFadden starts. Luke, Rob and Isa battling for the last 2 spots. If I was picking,

You can't drop Rob, surely?
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Donny B. wrote:
suisse wrote:McFadden starts. Luke, Rob and Isa battling for the last 2 spots. If I was picking,

You can't drop Rob, surely?
Hell of an impact sub though!!