Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Keith »

Any truth to the Damien Browne to Oyonnax rumours?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I actually like him. Good hands quick for a big man. Tough too. Can be a bit of a sicknote though. Him and Ferris will benefit from the break over there.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

AdamK wrote:or cash.
sure the French and London Afrikaans have money :D

all I can find on Browne is that French website but hes out of contract and makes sense if Roux has re-signed, McCarthy comes in and Marshal gets full deal
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

According to IT today Leinster have a South African targeted for Isa's replacement. Anyone have any idea who it is? We haven't had much luck with Saffers recently (Sykes, CJ) but then again we've had some good signings (Heinke, Strauss, Le Roux) so hopefully we can get one who buys into Leinster.... Would still much prefer to see us getting AAC though, even if it looks unlikely at the present moment
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

Willie Le Roux possibly? Plays wing, full-back and outhalf for the Cheetahs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9bpnwHmVV4
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Kinger83 wrote:Willie Le Roux possibly? Plays wing, full-back and outhalf for the Cheetahs.

Would be nice but how would he cope in our lovely weather
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Any relation of Ollie's? They don't really look much alike apart from the sidestep. :D
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

D4surfer wrote:.
Well said man.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

Maybe jp pieterson? he has pretty much won everything available to him in South Africa. Might fancy another shot at David Skrela Trimble

Edit: with news of Isa surely this was known/likely before Conway moved, his move seems stranger to me now. Considering Gilroy is sitting on the bech behind Bowe and Trimble up in Ulster wonder does he fancy playing more :wink:
Last edited by nopeare on March 20th, 2013, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

Kinger83 wrote:Willie Le Roux possibly? Plays wing, full-back and outhalf for the Cheetahs.

sounds like a perfect replacement...in the sense he covers a number of positions.

i think we'll be seeing a lot more of Hudson, Boyle and Coughlan-Murray next season - three players with great potential.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

I think we might be looking at Saffers as we're going to need this guy straight into the team. We can't wait for any potential Aussies to play in the Lions series first.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Degz wrote:I think we might be looking at Saffers as we're going to need this guy straight into the team. We can't wait for any potential Aussies to play in the Lions series first.
The final match is on 6th July. We won't need anyone before that. Isa will be here till end of the season
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Degz wrote:I think we might be looking at Saffers as we're going to need this guy straight into the team. We can't wait for any potential Aussies to play in the Lions series first.
Currie Cup doesn't finish until October and if he's an international he wouldn't be available until the end of the Rugby Championship.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

can't think of any Saffer that'd be worth having apart from Habana. AAC please!!!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonno6 wrote:can't think of any Saffer that'd be worth having apart from Habana. AAC please!!!
Wouldn't mind Francios Hougaard
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

What's Stringer's current status regarding loans/contract? It would be a great bit of business for us, and I think for him too, if we could get him on loan or permanent basis. With Reddan crocked until the end of the season (and possibly longer I guess given the severity of the break as I understand it). I'd be fairly happy with us having Strings around the squad in tandem with Boss to help the young lads like Cooney develop and to provide his sharp service to Madigan for the rest of this season and start of next. Granted not the most physical of scrum halves but then again our 9 generally isn't necessarily required to be as physical as other provinces.
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

TerenureJim wrote:What's Stringer's current status regarding loans/contract? It would be a great bit of business for us, and I think for him too, if we could get him on loan or permanent basis. With Reddan crocked until the end of the season (and possibly longer I guess given the severity of the break as I understand it). I'd be fairly happy with us having Strings around the squad in tandem with Boss to help the young lads like Cooney develop and to provide his sharp service to Madigan for the rest of this season and start of next. Granted not the most physical of scrum halves but then again our 9 generally isn't necessarily required to be as physical as other provinces.
On loan till the end of the season, his deal was just extended recently
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

scanning S15 squads Gerhard van den Heever at Stormers only player that to me that looks plausible/viable other than WLR
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Le Roux actually looks quite decent. Reminds me a bit of Fitzy. :(

Only 23 though and would be an amazing project player if we could keep him here and cap him! Says on his wiki he can play outhalf as well as wing and full-back. Pretty much the whole Nacewa range. Would be nice to get him as a second project player AND another NIQ back. :twisted:

With Strauss, Roux and Le Roux, we could be accused of turning into a bit of a Saffas havean.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions