Lukey Fitz

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Bitter As a Lemon
Knowledgeable

Re: Lukey Fitz

Post by Bitter As a Lemon »

nopeare wrote:
Darce wrote:Is this Luke Fitzgerald to Munster move another attempt by the IRFU to strengthen a weakened province like they did with Ulster? Possibly using the carrot of a better deal than they offered him pre injury last year on the condition he move to Munster.

Shameful IMO if that turns out to be the case, Leinster are the only reason Luke is still in Ireland/Irish System at present.
I have to say its looking more and more like IRFU meddling, and if things keep going as they're I really hope Leinster tell them to p1$$ off and go out independently if possible, I reckon we would be able to be self sustained. Also like getting the new training facilities sponsored I reckon more business men would invest if they knew their money going to Leinster was for Leinster and not just allowing the IRFU to redirect funds cause we got a helping hand.

Edit: http://www.joe.ie/rugby/heineken-cup/re ... -0035831-1
From what I know, it is not a central contract, so the only meddling from the IRFU would be to say yay or nay to the deal through the PAG.
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Post by Rogocoko »

Leezer wrote:Stade Francais

there i said it.

Unfortunately.
I thought he was moving to Stade?!?!?
Munster. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.
Flakey 16
Learner

Post by Flakey 16 »

http://balls.ie/rugby/luke-fitzgerald-moves-to-munster/

feel very let down by this move and get that sinking feeling of IRFU meddling in the province to the detriment of Leinster....
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote: From what I know, it is not a central contract, so the only meddling from the IRFU would be to say yay or nay to the deal through the PAG.
I know it most likely won't be a central contract but it doesn't mean there isn't a wink and a hand shake that there will be one or pressure put on to move, and it just seems like there is something seriously wrong going on.

Sexton - IRFU delighted to get rid of the wage but if reports are to believed all he wanted was parity with Heaslip its BS he didn't get it.
Conway - Most of us assumed he wanted the move and not to stay and battle it out for his spot (including me) but wonder is it true
Hines - wasn't given the contract yet botha/muller getting renewed
Luke - This is the one that stinks to me mostly, the move makes no sense he is a starter here and should next year be one of our leaders (all ways saw him as BODS heir)
VDM - Not to much of a problem here with us having 2 talented youngsters coming through but doubt we wanted to loose him. Same as the Hines one rules are being bent elsewhere

I tried staying away from some of this before but its looking more and more like the IRFU are upset that people prefer their provincial teams to the national set up. It looks like we are going to be the first to suffer from sharing players remains to be seen if it will happen to others in the future. But for people that are saying that its good for the Irish set up etc when Hines left why didn't we get Ryan. The IRFU seems so poisonous I would be a lot happier if we worked like England/France that our clubs are independent at this stage.
Stuka
Knowledgeable

Post by Stuka »

Something STINKS here. I'm really not happy.

Its like Leinster rugby is being dismantled slowly.
Bitter As a Lemon
Knowledgeable

Stuka wrote:Something STINKS here. I'm really not happy.

Have you got your tin-foil hat on?

To be honest, I think this is probably the agent looking for a reaction from leinster rugby.
Bitter As a Lemon
Knowledgeable

nopeare wrote:
Bitter As a Lemon wrote: From what I know, it is not a central contract, so the only meddling from the IRFU would be to say yay or nay to the deal through the PAG.
I know it most likely won't be a central contract but it doesn't mean there isn't a wink and a hand shake that there will be one or pressure put on to move, and it just seems like there is something seriously wrong going on.

Sexton - IRFU delighted to get rid of the wage but if reports are to believed all he wanted was parity with Heaslip its BS he didn't get it.
Conway - Most of us assumed he wanted the move and not to stay and battle it out for his spot (including me) but wonder is it true
Luke - This is the one that stinks to me mostly, the move makes no sense he is a starter here and should next year be one of our leaders (all ways saw him as BODS heir)
VDM - Not to much of a problem here with us having 2 talented youngsters coming through but doubt we wanted to loose him. Same as the Hines one rules are being bent elsewhere

I tried staying away from some of this before but its looking more and more like the IRFU are upset that people prefer their provincial teams to the national set up. It looks like we are going to be the first to suffer from sharing players remains to be seen if it will happen to others in the future. But for people that are saying that its good for the Irish set up etc when Hines left why didn't we get Ryan. The IRFU seems so poisonous I would be a lot happier if we worked like England/France that our clubs are independent at this stage.
You didn't get Ryan, because he didn't want to leave Munster, and that was the second time Leinster went after him.
TonyBauer
Beginner

Post by TonyBauer »

Gutted to say the least...Is this the beginning of some sort of precedent where the 4 provinces can target each others players on a more regular basis?

Another worry is that Glasgow were the better side the other night, no question - their backline looked bigger, quicker and far more dangerous and next year we could be looking at the scenario of Rob for Isa and Mcfadden for conway as the only changes to that backline for high end heineken cup games...
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

Aussiedub wrote:For all the players that we are losing we've got players available to replace them....

McGrath for HVDM
Moore/Furlong for Hagan - 2 serious talented props who have to get gametime or they'll leave.
McCarthy for Browne and ROUX will be fit and Marshall/Flanagan fit and coming through even if Leo goes.
Gopperth for Sexton whilst not as good will also give more depth during the International season...
Conway/Carr/Nacewa gone but Byrne coming through and EOM/Macken also hopefully fit and likely to be another international coming in from overseas...
Luke/BOD if they go will be losses but we know BOD will be a massive loss if he goes...Luke hasn't played that much over last 2 years....

With Roux, Gopperth and Goodman we've got 1 NIQ spaces left to fill....

Maybe a silly question but if BOD goes does anyone think Madigan could be a good 13????? He has pace, runs good lines hard and fast, great passing game, good defender and good kicker - Gopperth then could play 10...
AD we often disagree dramatically on MF but I think you have hit the nail on the head here in showing how strong Leinster's future should be.
Lazarus
Learner

Post by Lazarus »

Luke Fitzgerald has not signed for Munster. The release by 98fm is rumour, so either an agent is setting something up , or they have been given dud information from elsewhere. Munster like any side will always be interested in signing players that can enhance their squad, Luke may be one , however, Luke Fitzgerald has NOT signed for Munster. Whether he is in talks is another thing but has not signed. If he does, then it is his decision and his only, IRFU are not trying to break up Leinster. Conway- Yes he wanted to move, in fact he requested the move.
Stuka
Knowledgeable

Post by Stuka »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote:

Have you got your tin-foil hat on?quote]

I never take it off Sir! :lol:
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

I don't think this is the IRFU dictating the move. If Luke is taking a provincial contract then it is the same money. If he wants to choose Munster over Leinster then that's his choice, he's out of contract and can do what he wants.

I think it would be a bad move for rugby reasons but if he doesn't want to show loyalty to his native province then that's his business. I would prefer if we had players who want to play for Leinster.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Joe said yesturday that he intended sitting down with Luke to discuss his future during this week.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
Bitter As a Lemon
Knowledgeable

Stuka wrote:
Bitter As a Lemon wrote:

Have you got your tin-foil hat on?quote]

I never take it off Sir! :lol:
:D
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote:You didn't get Ryan, because he didn't want to leave Munster, and that was the second time Leinster went after him.
I will take your word on it, I don't know him personally to ask him unfortunately :wink: . Anyway its not just him my point is about at that stage we would of taken nagle arm and all, he was behind POC/DOC/MOD/DR at least, I just wonder is the same pressure put on elsewhere
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

I know I stated the opposite earlier in the topic but Luke is staying for another 2 years according to the man at the top
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
Bitter As a Lemon
Knowledgeable

bluemagic wrote:I know I stated the opposite earlier in the topic but Luke is staying for another 2 years according to the man at the top
If this is true, then the agent has played an absolute blinder.
Whomever he signs for, there is no room for some of the vile sh!t that is being posted across social media sites.
The guy probably needs all this speculation like a hole in head, wherever he goes, I hope he comes back from this latest set-back, because Ireland really cannot do without players of his talent.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote:
nopeare wrote:

You didn't get Ryan, because he didn't want to leave Munster, and that was the second time Leinster went after him.
thought the last Ryan to leinster rumour (didnt know there was a first) was a ROG to the Dolphins job; when asked Joe just said yeah hes a good player if he was available we'd be interested

overall I'd only worry if no/substandard back three replacements are announced
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

bluemagic wrote:I know I stated the opposite earlier in the topic but Luke is staying for another 2 years according to the man at the top
My prescription would be that you- say this 3 times a day, everyday till we get the official word...... please?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Bitter As a Lemon
Knowledgeable

No, Leinster have made moves for him twice in the last 6 yrs.
Roughly 6 years ago he wasn't getting a look in here, and Leinster came sniffing.
They also came to the table 2/3 yrs ago.