2014/15 Season Ticket Info

Moderator: moderators

meinster
Rhys Ruddock

2014/15 Season Ticket Info

Post by meinster »

Details are up now

Terrace up a tenner anyway. Could be worse (could be better)!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: 2014/15 Season Ticket Info

Post by blockhead »

Does it mention what the tickets are for? Competitions, no. of games etc?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Hate to sound like a PRL mouthpiece but who are we playing?

The Italians are sending 2 teams no mention of who - so may not be Treviso and Zebre. Ditto for the Welsh. 4 teams will be in attendance but I have seen no confirmation as to who.

Have to say I am annoyed at any price rise - the Welsh regions have less internationals than ever so the league gets weaker but we pay more.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

IanD wrote:Hate to sound like a PRL mouthpiece but who are we playing?

The Italians are sending 2 teams no mention of who - so may not be Treviso and Zebre. Ditto for the Welsh. 4 teams will be in attendance but I have seen no confirmation as to who.

Have to say I am annoyed at any price rise - the Welsh regions have less internationals than ever so the league gets weaker but we pay more.
Your team needs you.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

blockhead wrote:Does it mention what the tickets are for? Competitions, no. of games etc?
From the link above "Your Season Ticket entitles you to 14 competitive Leinster home games, including any games transferred to the Aviva Stadium."
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

Breaks it down also on that link as 11 league and 3 European games
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Can I ask whether you go to matches to see Leinster play or does it depend on who Leinster play?
Four Stars
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Lar wrote:

Can I ask whether you go to matches to see Leinster play or does it depend on who Leinster play?
Thats neither here nor there to be honest. The product is getting weaker
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

How much are the ticket$asdard charges?
FAQ says that the full list is on the pricing page
I can't see them.
Am I blind?
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

mfjoc wrote:How much are the ticket$asdard charges?
I can't see them.
Am I blind?
Last year if I remember correctly it was 15 Euro per ticket though pay by cheque and you don't pay it
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

mfjoc wrote:How much are the ticket$asdard charges?
I can't see them.
Am I blind?
Don't think they state the charge anywhere, except to say you can avoid them if you pay by cheque

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/tickets/sea ... s_faqs.php

4. How can I pay for my Season Ticket?
Season Tickets can be purchased using in one of four ways:

A. A credit/debit card can be used to pay in full on renewal.
B. You can opt to pay 50% upfront and the balance of 50% mid- June 2014. All credit/debit card payments will incur a Ticketmaster service charge (full service charge will be applied to first payment if paying in two installmentsinstalments).
C. We are delighted to offer a new instalment option for the first time this year. Season Ticket payments can be paid for in instalments with a credit/ debit card up to October. If you book/ renew in March you pay 30% of your full cost and 10% per month until October. If you renew in April you pay 40% up front then 10% per month, if you renew in May you pay 50% up front and so on. Normal service charge will apply but no other interest or charges will apply.
D. Payment can also be made by cheque. You will have seven7 working days to submit your cheque payment after booking. No service charge will apply to cheque payments. There will be no installmentinstalment option for cheque payments.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Darce wrote:
Lar wrote:

Have to say I don't view it that way. If Leinster are at home and I can make the game, I go. I don't ask myself who the opposition are before deciding whether I will go or not.

Do I care how much the season ticket is? Of course. At some point it does become unreasonable, but there are various different price levels as things stand that suit most pockets. I don't consider the prices bad value at all at present levels.
Four Stars
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Lar wrote:
Darce wrote:
Lar wrote:
Have to say I don't view it that way. If Leinster are at home and I can make the game, I go. I don't ask myself who the opposition are before deciding whether I will go or not.

Do I care how much the season ticket is? Of course. At some point it does become unreasonable, but there are various different price levels as things stand that suit most pockets. I don't consider the prices bad value at all at present levels.
I see where you are coming from Lar and to be pedantic I go to support Leinster - if I want to watch Leinster I would stay at home. What I dont want are just tough league games against Ulster Munster and Connacht and 40 + wins over the rest*. I want the league to be competitive.

I agree that the prices aren't bad but I cant see any justification for a price rise when the leagues quality is being diminished and we dont know who we will be playing yet. Also this - if I recall correctly - is the second price rise in a row.

*well I do want 40+ point wins - I just want them over good teams when we play magnificently.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterfan100 »

am i right in saying that Gold Grandstand has gone up by 60 euro or so? or was it similar price last season?
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Lar wrote:
Darce wrote:Thats neither here nor there to be honest. The product is getting weaker

I go to all games too regardless of who we're playing. But there is no denying that the price rises are not commensurate with the product on show. Welsh teams in their current form will be weaker than ever. Italian progress is very slow. Glasgow are a good side in this league to be fair. Edinburgh not so much
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
OhBeaJayHea

Post by OhBeaJayHea »

leinsterfan100 wrote:am i right in saying that Gold Grandstand has gone up by 60 euro or so? or was it similar price last season?
Paid €400 for Gold Grandstand last year I think including all discounts, one off payment by cheque, early bird etc so looks like 29 increase, over 7%, wish work would match that!! Will still be renewing.......would be nice to know we'll have decent teams to play against but will support anyway :)
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Darce wrote:
Lar wrote:
Darce wrote:Thats neither here nor there to be honest. The product is getting weaker

I go to all games too regardless of who we're playing. But there is no denying that the price rises are not commensurate with the product on show. Welsh teams in their current form will be weaker than ever. Italian progress is very slow. Glasgow are a good side in this league to be fair. Edinburgh not so much
To counter that by saying- perhaps the reason for the pricing increase is exactly because it is more difficult to generate external revenue, due to the diminishing value of an unquantified product!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

There is also more pressure to pay player X €200,000 a year to keep him in Leinster.

Top 14 and Prem Rugby can pay more, so we have to match that to a certain extent.

Next years European cup will be more competitive as there wont be Cardiff, Connacht, NG Dragons Italian 2. We still need to be competitive at the top table.

Also News is that only the Domestic Division winners will be ranked next year. (only 3 seeded teams) so we could have a group on Sarries, Clermont, and Toulouse next year
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Full credit to Leinster for offering an enhanced range of payment options. Much appreciated by many, I would say
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

I take it all back.

Scandalous price hikes now I'm looking at it properly. I've 2 Gold Grandstand tickets. I paid 832 in total last year including TM charges.

This year, 894 for the same seats. TM Charges are 18 quid this year. They were 17 last year. So season tickets are up 31 quid each in this section.
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on