Dublin GAA Thread

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Post by paddyor »

Shocking performance Sunday! Shane O'Rourke is lucky he's related etc.... How many teams are gonna make the mistake Meath did in the first half though? F*ck around with the ball in inside your own 35 and make a balls of the clearance! No one to pass to in the middle of the field or oppo 50-70 part. Shane O'Rourke can FRO!

Can't remember a Meath team capitulating like that after 35mins(being generous), Dublin aren't that good(and they weren't that good, I've seen them play better).

As an aside, how long can Cluxton get away with delaying his kickouts too? Refs are gonna come under pressure and that will tell in his accuracy off the tee(He's suspect under pressure).

Kinda resigned to the ***Edited by Mod*** winning again this year, but to be fair they're playing good football............................................***Edited by Mod***
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Cluxton delaying his kickouts? Moyles was moaning on Off the Ball last night that he had an advantage in taking them too quickly because they felt he was getting the ball off the ball boys straight away.

Either slow or fast, it didn't seem to make much difference with Meath utterly hopeless on Dublin kickouts. They caused us some problems there last season, but there was no sign of it this time.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

suisse wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Oh and suisse would have loved the sporting applause the Hill gave to Meath's consolation goal yesterday. Surely the deepest cut? :wink:
Meath will beat Armagh.

I really thought Meath had a decent chance on Sunday. I was getting ready to fake quote you and Nelly again. Devastated I couldn't abuse the quote system this time :D
I dunno. Armagh are on a fair old roll.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

suisse wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Oh and suisse would have loved the sporting applause the Hill gave to Meath's consolation goal yesterday. Surely the deepest cut? :wink:
Meath will beat Armagh.

I really thought Meath had a decent chance on Sunday. I was getting ready to fake quote you and Nelly again. Devastated I couldn't abuse the quote system this time :D
Can't see it I'm afraid.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

paddyor wrote:Shocking performance Sunday! Shane O'Rourke is lucky he's related etc.... How many teams are gonna make the mistake Meath did in the first half though? F*ck around with the ball in inside your own 35 and make a balls of the clearance! No one to pass to in the middle of the field or oppo 50-70 part. Shane O'Rourke can FRO!

Can't remember a Meath team capitulating like that after 35mins(being generous), Dublin aren't that good(and they weren't that good, I've seen them play better).

As an aside, how long can Cluxton get away with delaying his kickouts too? Refs are gonna come under pressure and that will tell in his accuracy off the tee(He's suspect under pressure).

Kinda resigned to the ***Edited by Mod*** winning again this year, but to be fair they're playing good football............................................***Edited by Mod***
Why was this post edited? I read it when it went up. Didn't see anything offensive about it.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

suisse wrote:
paddyor wrote:Shocking performance Sunday! Shane O'Rourke is lucky he's related etc.... How many teams are gonna make the mistake Meath did in the first half though? F*ck around with the ball in inside your own 35 and make a balls of the clearance! No one to pass to in the middle of the field or oppo 50-70 part. Shane O'Rourke can FRO!

Why was this post edited? I read it when it went up. Didn't see anything offensive about it.
Why don't you go and ***Edited by Mod*** mind your own ***Edited by Mod*** business?

:D
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Donny B. wrote:
suisse wrote:

Why don't you go and ***Edited by Mod*** mind your own ***Edited by Mod*** business?

:D
Well played Sir :lol:

Anyway, all he did was call Dublin a synonym of crook. Seems fair enough to me ;)
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Anthony Daly has stepped down as Dublin senior hurling manager.

Who's next up? Who's the fans choice?
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Avenger wrote:Anthony Daly has stepped down as Dublin senior hurling manager.

Who's next up? Who's the fans choice?
John Allen(possible) or Liam Sheedy(highly unlikely)....it would be great to promote from within but I'm just not up to speed enough on the club game in Dublin to nominate a suitable candidate. It's a massively important appointment though....critical that the right person(s) is chosen to build on the progress of the last few years.

A.D. leaving at the right time...he has brought us as far as he can and can depart with his head held high.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

nelly the elephant wrote:Whatcha think folks?
I think he'll do fine. He's been handed a setup that's in good shape (systems/structures, I mean). So he'll have less managerial stuff to do and can concentrate on coaching/selection (he'll have an aging squad issue to deal with, so this side of the house will need a bit of work; work he's well used to). He's obviously highly regarded down in Cork (the uproar when he didn't get the job), he has the credentials, so now it's a wait'n'see game.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

meinster wrote:
I think he'll do fine. He's been handed a setup that's in good shape (systems/structures, I mean). So he'll have less managerial stuff to do and can concentrate on coaching/selection (he'll have an aging squad issue to deal with, so this side of the house will need a bit of work; work he's well used to). He's obviously highly regarded down in Cork (the uproar when he didn't get the job), he has the credentials, so now it's a wait'n'see game.
I'd be hopeful enough myself.....he's obviously done well with Cork & Ballygunner in the past............he'll also bring a fresh look regarding the squad's age profile which needs a bit of attention as you say. I think a few of our stalwarts (Dotsy/Carton/Hiney etc) after great service need to be moved on and he could be just the "new broom sweeping clean" that we need.Best of luck Ger.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

meinster wrote:
Bright start here away to the Cats in the second league match..... it was very promising last week against Tipp and continuing in the same vein(against an admittedly inexperienced Kilkenny 15). I hope we can keep this high tempo game going all the way through to the end of the summer.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

nelly the elephant wrote:Bright start here away to the Cats in the second league match
Yeah the trick now is to hold on to the new-coach-momentum until the summer. No team beats KK and Tipp on a whim, though, regardless of the time of year!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Still laughing at Meath's second half collapse yesterday.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Asshole!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Dublin are 1/500 to beat Westmeath on Sunday. Don't recall ever seeing odds like that anywhere before. Betting around the -15pt handicap may be the more profitable option.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

cormac wrote:Dublin are 1/500 to beat Westmeath on Sunday. Don't recall ever seeing odds like that anywhere before. Betting around the -15pt handicap may be the more profitable option.
I can't wait to tell my Mam.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Not too hopeful for sunday. Its been quite handy so far this championship and Mayo seem to have found that extra something they were lacking up to now.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Great last 20 from the Dubs yesterday. Bench made a huge impact with Fitzsimons, Alan Brogan, McAuley and McManamon all superb.