Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Morf »

johng wrote:Shure Gordan D'Arcy never played another game after breaking his arm v Italy in Feb 08. He had 3 attempts at a comeback, but it was obvious that he was never going to get that arm right and would have to retire.

Shame that he had to miss all 3 of Leinster's HC wins and Ireland's Grand slam in 09 and championship win in 13.

Great player n'all but....... Oh wait......
His arm does look a bit of a state though. He'd never get any modelling jobs hugging a lady in a catalogue like that.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

johng wrote:Shure Gordan D'Arcy never played another game after breaking his arm v Italy in Feb 08. He had 3 attempts at a comeback, but it was obvious that he was never going to get that arm right and would have to retire.

Shame that he had to miss all 3 of Leinster's HC wins and Ireland's Grand slam in 09 and championship win in 13.

Great player n'all but....... Oh wait......
I think we all missed Ireland's championship win in 2013.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

You know what I mean :)

13/14 season ok?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

SOB was at one of the fan events after today's game and said his recovery is ahead of schedule.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Xanthippe wrote:SOB was at one of the fan events after today's game and said his recovery is ahead of schedule.
Away with you. Only bad news rumours allowed on here XPipe!
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

This may be the most negative post of the year, but I don't want to see him back earlier than scheduled. That happened last time and look what happened.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:This may be the most negative post of the year, but I don't want to see him back earlier than scheduled. That happened last time and look what happened.
I suggest you have a read of some Welsh forums before you consider candidates for negative posts of the year. :)
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:This may be the most negative post of the year, but I don't want to see him back earlier than scheduled. That happened last time and look what happened.
The 'early' comeback last season had close to nothing to do with him undergoing surgery again this year. He could have sat out from rugby for the entire year and the shoulder still probably wouldn't have been right after the infection he suffered in the aftermath of the first surgery.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Sorry Hugo but I find that hard to believe. The timing of his comeback just smacks of being brought back too early. That doesn't mean that it wouldn't have happened again if he'd stayed out for longer, but I refuse to believe he felt 100% right when he came back.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Sorry Hugo but I find that hard to believe. The timing of his comeback just smacks of being brought back too early. That doesn't mean that it wouldn't have happened again if he'd stayed out for longer, but I refuse to believe he felt 100% right when he came back.
He wouldn't have been 100% right no matter how long he delayed it. He still would have needed the second operation.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

My point is that that might have been discovered back in May/June if he hadn't been rushed back. Then he might be back around Christmas instead of missing most of this season. I'm basing this on a belief (and I'm aware this could be wrong) that someone somewhere along the line decided he was needed for the end of the Pro12. I'm not necessarily blaming MOC btw in case anyone thinks that. Could well have been SOB himself who thought "it doesn't feel right but ill give it a go". The fact that he missed the Argentina tour sets the alarm bells ringing for me.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

With Ireland having done so well in 2014 and with his comment a while back where he said he would have liked to go into a World Cup with Joe in charge is there any chance he might come out of retirement and give it one more crack?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:My point is that that might have been discovered back in May/June if he hadn't been rushed back. Then he might be back around Christmas instead of missing most of this season. I'm basing this on a belief (and I'm aware this could be wrong) that someone somewhere along the line decided he was needed for the end of the Pro12. I'm not necessarily blaming MOC btw in case anyone thinks that. Could well have been SOB himself who thought "it doesn't feel right but ill give it a go". The fact that he missed the Argentina tour sets the alarm bells ringing for me.
The 'rush back' option last season was the Toulon game, Sean felt it could be done but it was decided not to risk it. There was no accelerated return last season at all. He missed the Argentina tour simply because he wasn't fit enough to play international rugby. He was left at home to get himself back to full fitness with a full pre-season - remember he was even allowed play some gaelic football over the summer to that end
I have Bumbleflex
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

nc6000 wrote:With Ireland having done so well in 2014 and with his comment a while back where he said he would have liked to go into a World Cup with Joe in charge is there any chance he might come out of retirement and give it one more crack?
No.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

Would be a real kick in the stones for our academy guys if we brought in Henshaw. Ringrose and Daly aren't that much younger than him, and centre is to us what lock is to Munster - it's the one position we expect to grow our own.

All this cr@p about how great our academy is and then parachuting in talent from other provinces. Looks like we're going the way of Munster. Embarressing...
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Would be a real kick in the stones for our academy guys if we brought in Henshaw
I agree with you there.

Ringrose seems the real deal. Even POC was saying it when Ringrose was holding the tackle bags at the Ireland camp. He could be a proper option for Leinster next season if he keeps impressing the way he has been.

Gotta feel bad for Macken. Showed great promise at the early stages, but it seems he has either now peaked or his talents are not what MOC wants from him.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Henshaw to Leinster?

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/blue ... 72271.html

That article if very light on anything definite. Some off topic quotes from Sexo and a vague link between Leinster resigning grumpy and going after Henshaw.
Nowhere does it explicitly state that Leinster rugby has approached Henshaw.
A poor Tuesday rugby piece from 'Dingle' Berry.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

outcast eddie wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote:Henshaw to Leinster?

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/blue ... 72271.html

That article if very light on anything definite. Some off topic quotes from Sexo and a vague link between Leinster resigning grumpy and going after Henshaw.
Nowhere does it explicitly state that Leinster rugby has approached Henshaw.
A poor Tuesday rugby piece from 'Dingle' Berry.
Par for the course for the Indo isn't it?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

I have heard from a reasonably strong source that its going to happen. Not necessarily for next season but possibly.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!