POLL - Match Attendance

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Will you be renewing your season ticket / attend games as much next season?

Poll ended at December 29th, 2014, 6:37 pm

Yes - I will always support Leinster no matter what
69%
Yes - Reluctantly, but I wouldn't follow blindly if MOC got a new contract beyond next season
15%
Don't know
7%
No - Out of protest I will not renew tickets until MOC is gone
1%
No - I just don't enjoy games any more / I've lost interest
7%

Total votes: 67

COYBIB
Enlightened

POLL - Match Attendance

Post by COYBIB »

Based on RnR's suggestion in the "Time to go MOC" thread, I also thought it would be interesting to see the response, although I'd suggest the results might be slightly skewed by most people on this site being more than casual fans or punters who could be considered "floating fans", but we'll see how it goes any way.
RnR wrote:Time to run a poll?
Based on present circumstances, will you renew your season ticket?
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Re: POLL - Match Attendance

Post by goreyguy »

I will always support leinster - but its certainly harder to get "up" for a game or just generally enjoy them.
But i'm in the hardcore, generally interest in casual fans I know is certainly down.
Last edited by goreyguy on December 15th, 2014, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hope not expectation
Bookworm

Post by hope not expectation »

Yes I support Leinster not MOC but I'm no longer enjoying the journey
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

I'll renew my season ticket. I'll renew even if we finish last in the league because I was so desirous of getting Johnny Sexton back that I said I;d be happy to have a premium levied onto the price of my season tickets in order to make that happen. He is coming back, so it's money where the mouth is.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Did Disco say it best

"I’ve always been a Leinster player. My dad played for Leinster, my uncle played for Leinster, my cousin played for Leinster. I’m a Leinster lad. I don’t make any apologies for it. That’s my team."

or was it BOD

"I love Leinster"

A bit of both maybe? I love Leinster, that's my team
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

RoboProp wrote:Did Disco say it best

"I’ve always been a Leinster player. My dad played for Leinster, my uncle played for Leinster, my cousin played for Leinster. I’m a Leinster lad. I don’t make any apologies for it. That’s my team."

or was it BOD

"I love Leinster"

A bit of both maybe? I love Leinster, that's my team
This. I may get frustrated and I may not always enjoy it but I'm a Leinster man, I'm a Leinster fan.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Leinster uber alles!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Stupid question... Who else we gonna support? It's not a choice, we're from where we're from. It's in the blood, it's as much a part of us as our DNA. I'll complain with the best of them but I'll be a proud Leinsterman 'til I die and I'll be an STH as often as circumstances allow. So stand fast you f%~kers, there's tough times ahead and this is where we nail our colours to the mast.

Stay Leinster!!!
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

I don't know is my answer. I will be back for the 2015-16 season but I am not sure I really want to get a ST now. I had a ST right through the Cheika era and there were some depressing days, despite what you'd be led to believe here. The problem is I will just end up going to games anyway, and tickets are poorly priced for walk up customers.
Stupid question... Who else we gonna support? It's not a choice, we're from where we're from. It's in the blood, it's as much a part of us as our DNA. I'll complain with the best of them but I'll be a proud Leinsterman 'til I die and I'll be an STH as often as circumstances allow. So stand fast you f%~kers, there's tough times ahead and this is where we nail our colours to the mast.

Stay Leinster!!!
You don't have to go to games to prove you're a Leinster supporter. My dad has been watching Leinster for a very long time, since before a lot of people here were born. He doesn't have a ST but he's not going to jump ship.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

suisse wrote: You don't have to go to games to prove you're a Leinster supporter. My dad has been watching Leinster for a very long time, since before a lot of people here were born. He doesn't have a ST but he's not going to jump ship.
Jaysus, don't open up the old 'I'm a bigger fan 'cos I got to more games/away games/have more memorabilia/stalk Jamie Heaslip/wear blue lipstick' debate.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Am hardly going to go down to Thomond every week.

Had a season ticket long before they won anything - will have a season ticket next year.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

Attending matches depends more on family and work logistics than anything else as I live in the UK. So for me, the question doesn't address the issue it's supposed to. My answer is that I don't know, just like it always is. The idea of not supporting Leinster is laughable, no matter how low we sink. And as for supporting another team, that's simply unthinkable.
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

We didn't renew our family season ticket this year. It had nothing to do with performances or who was coach or who was or wasn't playing. We've moved further away from Dublin and a 3 to 4 hour round trip with a 5 year old just isn't practical, especially if its an evening game.

At some point in the future I'll come back but its just not practicle to attend games at the moment.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Leinster are one of my teams including my club teams, underage teams and Ireland.

At the moment I prefer watching my sons play and our 1st team (who hardly win) to watching Leinster. I will. however, always support them.

A four hour plus round trip to watch the tripe that has been Ospreys and Quins is not worth it.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

As long as I am healthy enough, I have the financial means and my location allows me then I will always get a season ticket. We get to see our rugby heroes every other week for a few quid of course I am going to try and get to every game I can. Rugby is the sport I love and Leinster and Ireland are the teams I love. I read a fan site for 6 years before I ever posted a message on it for god sake. I wait every year in the summer for the fixtures to come out so that I can arrange my year around the Leinster games, I wait for the European fixtures so I can plan my away trips. I think there are a growing number of people who feel like this. Next year we will have arguably the best out half in the world back pulling the strings, we have a world class Number 8, we have a front row factory, we have a back row factory, we have two Kearndashians, we have guys like Jennings, Kev and Ferg and Dev who you feel might love Leinster as much as we the fans do and they know they are lucky getting to wear that jersey, we have Darce who has done it all for us blood, sweat and tears, we have unbelievably talented backs coming through.

However our performances have been cr@p, they were cr@p for most of last season as well. People were shot down last season for saying it because we were winning rugby matches but really we worked so hard over the last 15 years to get to where we are as a professional club I think it is absolutely asinine to be complacent and just accept that we now cannot compete at the business end of Europe, we would have never reached the summit with that attitude, it is a small minded mentality. That we get guff from the coach every week telling us that we just don't understand rugby and that we actually play different from week to week depending on the opposition....jesus weep!!!! One poster on here (who supports another team) has questioned why we always blame the coach and do not turn on our own players (bar a small number blaming Jimmy G for everything which to me is absurd he is trying to play our undecryptable game plan) for the poor performances. The reason is they have earned our trust, our respect, our gratitude for years of turning up, digging deep, entertaining us, making us smile. I feel for these guys because I know they have so much more to give. I read Jamie's article last week about how MOC lets the players play less like robots and lets them use their football skills more and all I could think was that poor Jamie sounded like a robot himself. This guy who makes double figure tackles every week, who is an ultimate team player to the point where he has changed his natural game to suit the team he plays for and who has nearly single handetly kept us in Europe so far this season and he gets sent out to cover for an inept coach who wont man up. And i think that is a big issue I have, MOC never ever ever mans up. He gets annoyed by questions as to why we are playing cr@p instead of getting annoyed by the fact we are playing cr@p. It is so infuriating to listen to him! If he acknowledged that things need to improve maybe we could get behind him a bit more because we would know that he actually understands that there is a problem that needs fixing. I don't even think posters on here who defend him and go on about wins being everything believe in him anymore. A rugby dinosaur is what they would call him if he came from Cork.

But that is a rant about how I feel but of course I will still get my ticket and go and back my team every chance I get, I am a supporter and I have the right to be fickle!!
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Degz wrote:
suisse wrote: You don't have to go to games to prove you're a Leinster supporter. My dad has been watching Leinster for a very long time, since before a lot of people here were born. He doesn't have a ST but he's not going to jump ship.
Jaysus, don't open up the old 'I'm a bigger fan 'cos I got to more games/away games/have more memorabilia/stalk Jamie Heaslip/wear blue lipstick' debate.
So are you saying I should ease up on the lipstick?
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

johng wrote:So are you saying I should ease up on the lipstick?
What an appalling image.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

johng wrote:
Degz wrote:
Depends; has Jamie's restraining order lapsed yet?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Degz wrote:
johng wrote:
Degz wrote:
Depends; has Jamie's restraining order lapsed yet?
Shhhhhhh!
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

Might be easier for me to tick yes as I had to give up my season ticket this year with moving to London anyway, so watch most games at home or in Philomenas, but Leinster are my team...

If I was home anyway I'd definitely go to see them play no matter what. But after flying home just for the game the weekend, I have to say if they kept playing like that it would make it harder to go out of my way just for the games. I reckon I would but just with a bit of moaning beforehand.

In my position though I think I'd be more likely to spend my money and to go to away games than home, as there can be more of an atmosphere with the travelling Leinster fans.