POLL - Match Attendance

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Will you be renewing your season ticket / attend games as much next season?

Poll ended at December 29th, 2014, 6:37 pm

Yes - I will always support Leinster no matter what
69%
Yes - Reluctantly, but I wouldn't follow blindly if MOC got a new contract beyond next season
15%
Don't know
7%
No - Out of protest I will not renew tickets until MOC is gone
1%
No - I just don't enjoy games any more / I've lost interest
7%

Total votes: 67

simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Re: POLL - Match Attendance

Post by simonno6 »

renew of course, and pray that the core attacking values of the club that have been largely ever present since I began attending matches in Donnybrook almost 15 years ago return very soon!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
WarPoodle
Learner

Post by WarPoodle »

Always have, and always will be Leinster.

However, along with our responsibility as supporters to stick with our team through the good and the bad, it's also our responsibility not to allow and accept mediocrity in our team.

We did that for too many years, and it took Cheika and a complete shift in mindset for the players, the management and the supporters to realise that our results back then were not acceptable. If we continue to support blindly, and accept without reservation that we are a middle table team (not saying we are!), then that's what we'll be. The more the fans demand, the more pressure is put on the powers that be to succeed, and the more effort that will go in to bring us back to the top (not saying we're far off the top!).

So in short, always Leinster 110%. Will I renew my season ticket next year... I dunno. I can't pick up the phone to Michael Dawson and say how unhappy I am. But I can decide not to buy a season ticket, and show my disapproval that way. I'll probably still go to all the bloody matches mind you...!
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

WarPoodle wrote:Always have, and always will be Leinster.

However, along with our responsibility as supporters to stick with our team through the good and the bad, it's also our responsibility not to allow and accept mediocrity in our team.

We did that for too many years, and it took Cheika and a complete shift in mindset for the players, the management and the supporters to realise that our results back then were not acceptable. If we continue to support blindly, and accept without reservation that we are a middle table team (not saying we are!), then that's what we'll be. The more the fans demand, the more pressure is put on the powers that be to succeed, and the more effort that will go in to bring us back to the top (not saying we're far off the top!).

So in short, always Leinster 110%. Will I renew my season ticket next year... I dunno. I can't pick up the phone to Michael Dawson and say how unhappy I am. But I can decide not to buy a season ticket, and show my disapproval that way. I'll probably still go to all the bloody matches mind you...!
You can write to Mr Dawson if you are that disillusioned. I have written to him previously and received a reply. Maybe you could make a couple of suggestions on how to fix things. Surely better to provide some feedback if you're not going to renew.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

I stuck through the awful games when Alan Gaffney (another Aussie - thought they were the backline gurus???) was royally cocking up our back play.

I'll stick through this coach - but through gritted teeth. Watching it must be a bit like following your daughter to a nightclub and seeing her get hit on by some toerag!!!
WarPoodle
Learner

Post by WarPoodle »

Watching it must be a bit like following your daughter to a nightclub and seeing her get hit on by some toerag!!!
Probably the best analogy I've ever read.. :lol: