Ireland v France 11/10/2015

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Ireland v France 11/10/2015

Post by Oldschool »

In hindsight is it possible that POC started the game with a slight niggle.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Dave Cahill wrote:Ireland beat France how you have to beat France - up front, no other team reacts so poorly to their pack being beaten up as the French do. For all the joys of their back play during the 70s and 80s, French rugby is about the forwards. It always has been.

In the run up to this game we were all worried about how what we believed to be a fitter, more organised French team would play. But at the final whistle it became obvious that this french team's gains in fitness were purely relative to other french teams. In absolute terms Ireland ran them into the ground. The pace we played at in the second half was just a level they couldn't deal with. They then had to change everything they were certain would be key to a French victory - they believed in Michelak and T-B - changed. They believed in Basteraud - changed. They believed in their strength in depth, yet we were able to replace leaders, captains and game managers without missing a beat. In short, we took everything they believed about this fixture and turned it on them, we hammered the hammer.
Talking to a couple of their supporters on the train back to London after the game, this is what upset them most. The fact that we beat them up(up front), particularly in the second half. To a man they bemoaned the "lack of fight".
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I rewatched the start, Pape pinched/groped SOBs backside at worst but SOB didnt fully clench his fist and didnt connect with front of knuckles (like how youd punch someone properly)

Pape also stays down until France get the ball back and was ok to take part in a lineout on our 22
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:I rewatched the start, Pape pinched/groped SOBs backside at worst but SOB didnt fully clench his fist and didnt connect with front of knuckles (like how youd punch someone properly)

Pape also stays down until France get the ball back and was ok to take part in a lineout on our 22
I assume you've forwarded this to the relevant authorities?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:I rewatched the start, Pape pinched/groped SOBs backside at worst but SOB didnt fully clench his fist and didnt connect with front of knuckles (like how youd punch someone properly)

I assume you've forwarded this to the relevant authorities?
I tweeted Dave Cahill right away, so yes

Lets just hope they do the citings in the same gyspy caravan park they do the rankings in
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

wouldn't have thought that SOB was that easily provoked.
Had to be something else to it.

if not it was beyond foolish.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The French call Henderson a four wheel drive Tractor.
Not sure how that looks in French.
By all accounts NZ could be in for a rough ride on Saturday.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

SOB cited.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

All Blacks nil wrote:

maybe he thought a 120kg lock with a penchant for violence wouldnt be felled by pink belly
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

All Blacks nil wrote:

Rumour is that pape was interfering with his dangly bits. Where that rumour originates I dunno.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:
All Blacks nil wrote:

Rumour is that pape was interfering with his dangly bits. Where that rumour originates I dunno.
as the rumours were a finger in the jacksie I am going to have to strongly advise you to see a physician if your Hooper is dangly, I know for a fact Bails' Japanese doctor is over for the world cup
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Look out Itchy, he's Irish
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

simonokeeffe wrote:
as the rumours were a finger in the jacksie I am going to have to strongly advise you to see a physician if your Hooper is dangly, I know for a fact Bails' Japanese doctor is over for the world cup
According to the urban dictionary he has a pink sock. Defo see Bails' man for some advice.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote:
All Blacks nil wrote:

It's called getting your rumours in (out) first.
Something else to think about.
Having jacksied poor Sean (The poor Sean campaign has to start somewhere) just imagine where/who Pape placed the offending digit/digits on afterwards both during the game and following the game. Who did he shake hands with for example>
Draw up a list and try to get the citing official and committee names onto it. That should get Sean off unless they do him for not giving Pape a proper dig.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I actually attempted to press play on that screen grab
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

olaf the fat wrote:The French game plan was based on targeting Sexton, after 25 minutes he was gone. Along with Sexton, so went the French game plan. They were simply out thought and out fought by a team they could not beat in the last 4 seasons.

Our provincial teams dont fear French club teams anymore and that is reflecting at international level now.

There was no game plan.

There was no game

There was no plan.

There was a poor French National Team that fought with his physical brain. We are not brainless, we are physical. Sometimes.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Sorry, I forgot one little thing: Ireland was really great.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

not sure Guy Noves going to be much better, he might at least though want to play some rugby

France need a coach to come in and say no more project players in the team, or at least impose a strict limit on it say 2 in the 23 man squad
Would help stir up patriotism and support
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

simonokeeffe wrote:not sure Guy Noves going to be much better, he might at least though want to play some rugby

France need a coach to come in and say no more project players in the team, or at least impose a strict limit on it say 2 in the 23 man squad
Clubs control rugby in France, club control has increased, national team has declined.
Clubs control rugby in England, England don't qualify from their group.
Dont Panic!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dexter wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:not sure Guy Noves going to be much better, he might at least though want to play some rugby

Clubs control rugby in France, club control has increased, national team has declined.
Clubs control rugby in England, England don't qualify from their group.
Clubs control rugby in Wales but WRU trying to re-establish control, Wales qualify.
There's a separate, post RWC, thread in your post.