Connacht on Friday

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Mrs. Miggins wrote:I'm going to the match too but I'm staying over so I'll make my own way, see you in the sportsgrounds. Eve - Auntie Edna's (Uncle Mort's better half) favourite song is Sospan Fach so she can give you a bit of welsh coaching I'm sure !
Excellent! Mind you my Welsh isn't half bad either :wink:
Summer is ready when you are

Malahide Mullet
Mullet

Post by Malahide Mullet »

On the bus baby and it's Mullet plus two
Now that rugby's oldest bridesmaid has finally got hitched, she can cast a haughty glance towards Leinster, her high-living sister from Dublin, who, despite her immense beauty and vast potential, has trouble getting lucky.
Mrs. Miggins
Bookworm

Post by Mrs. Miggins »

I bet you thought you were fluent on Saturday night !! :D
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Mrs. Miggins wrote:I bet you thought you were fluent on Saturday night !! :D
:oops: :lol:
Summer is ready when you are

icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

:D Hello true blues. I'm going to Connacht too but also driving and staying over. Any idea of gathering place after? or even before if I make it there on time?
Malahide Mullet
Mullet

Whats that pub pikey said?
Now that rugby's oldest bridesmaid has finally got hitched, she can cast a haughty glance towards Leinster, her high-living sister from Dublin, who, despite her immense beauty and vast potential, has trouble getting lucky.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Garvey's, it's on Eyre Square near the Great Southern Hotel.
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Folks, I just discovered that the Galway Oyster Festival is on this weekend. So what you might ask - well the place is going to be packed, hotels are booked out and the paparazzi will be in town. What's a rugby gal to do.
Malahide Mullet
Mullet

Bus trip for you Ice
Malahide Mullet
Mullet

Then Garvey's it is
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

icebaby wrote:Folks, I just discovered that the Galway Oyster Festival is on this weekend. So what you might ask - well the place is going to be packed, hotels are booked out and the paparazzi will be in town. What's a rugby gal to do.
Galway is a very small town - okay they call it a city but it's not a real city, bit like Kilkenny. Basically the place is too small to accomodate all the people in it on any given weekend - hence you gotta go to the nightclubs before 12 to get in - especially Halo. It's like that pretty much most weekends.
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Just looking at times and sh1t, would I be dreaming to think that if I left Rathmines at 3pm, I'd make it to the sportsground for kick off?

Am seriously thinking of focking off an hour early tomorrow evening, but 3pm is the earliest I could leave without taking a half day, which I can't do!

Won't bother if traffic will be shite.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sexy_rexy wrote:Just looking at times and sh1t, would I be dreaming to think that if I left Rathmines at 3pm, I'd make it to the sportsground for kick off?

Am seriously thinking of focking off an hour early tomorrow evening, but 3pm is the earliest I could leave without taking a half day, which I can't do!

I'd say if you left at three on the dot, you'd probably have a reasonable chance. Depends if you can get ahead of the general traffic leaving Dublin early and also the Moate situation.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

sexy_rexy wrote:Just looking at times and sh1t, would I be dreaming to think that if I left Rathmines at 3pm, I'd make it to the sportsground for kick off?

GO FOR IT!!!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Donny Brooke wrote:

I'd say if you left at three on the dot, you'd probably have a reasonable chance. Depends if you can get ahead of the general traffic leaving Dublin early and also the Moate situation.
Put your pedal to the metal :D
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

claire_m wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote:

Put your pedal to the metal :D
and remember if you're stopped to invoke the Alex Fergusson defence to speeding charges
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

yep you'd definitely make it - It's only ever taken me longer than three and half hours a couple of times and that's usually bank holiday weekends.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet have we got a banner sorted?
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Right, that's that then, I'm going down, and after a quick phone call looks like I may be spending the night too.

For those that need it:

Malahide Mullet
Mullet

I'm on drum duty but what would stick on this banner