Wales v Ireland Fri 10th March 8 05pm

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Stuka
Knowledgeable

Re: Wales v Ireland Fri 10th March 8 05pm

Post by Stuka »

You cant fault the players heart. They tried their best.

The game plan was poor. There was no plan B.

Im not going to pick out individual playets but some of our guys are not uo to it anymore. We have exciting players at home, watching thia that really should have been on the pitch.

If Adam Byrne was an Aussie or a NZ'r he would have been playing for his International team by now. O'Halloran too.

Disappointing all round.
Last edited by Stuka on March 10th, 2017, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

That was disappointing. Henshaw......
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

If we come against a physically fit team with a good defence, who also pose an even 7/10 threat in the back 3, we lose. Because we haven't converted pressure into tries against good teams for years, and we haven't defended properly out wide against good teams for years either.

We have a strong pack and excellent half backs, a very good 12, honest players all round, but we aren't good enough.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

neiliog93 wrote:trying to stay calm in the moment here, you'd have to say we're just not as good as we thought we were.
Sums it up for me. The next person to start talking about world class players in green should be slapped down fast. We are a collection of mediocre players that occasionally have a good day or beat team's that are playing poorly.

When it matters we don't have the courage to perform.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Wayne Barnes getting a deserved slaughtering on Twitter. But not the only reason we lost. Just the main reason.
Anyone But New Zealand
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

That one is all on schmidt Imo- serious questions about our approach

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Golf Man wrote:That one is all on schmidt Imo- serious questions about our approach

I think Munster fans were definitely too fast to point the finger at him in the past (a bit of malice in it too, probably following over from his success with Leinster), but at this point, you're not wrong. Retaining possession, trying to batter teams down phase after phase (along with superb half backs), simply isn't enough to beat high level teams consistently.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Golf Man wrote:That one is all on schmidt Imo- serious questions about our approach

Schmidt needs to take a good hard look at what hes doing alright
I have Bumbleflex
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Sad to say, but this looks like we could see the beginning of the end.
A serious shake up needs to happen. Way too many players playing like they are there to make up the numbers.

We keep hearing about all these players coming through with each of the 4 provinces, but poor coaching and conservative selection has yet again cost us.

Sad day to be an Irish fan.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Anyone But New Zealand
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

FLIP wrote:Wayne Barnes getting a deserved slaughtering on Twitter. But not the only reason we lost. Just the main reason.
Why? Hes not the only ref who wouldnt have dished the yellow there.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

paddyor wrote:
FLIP wrote:Wayne Barnes getting a deserved slaughtering on Twitter. But not the only reason we lost. Just the main reason.
Why? Hes not the only ref who wouldnt have dished the yellow there.
But the only one who'd then dish out a yellow for the first offence on the other side of the pitch.

10/14 matches says it all.

EDIT: Ireland win record since 2007 is 55.7%. Ire win record since 2007 when Wayne Barnes referees is 33.1%.
Anyone But New Zealand
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

munster#1 wrote:Sad to say, but this looks like we could see the beginning of the end.
A serious shake up needs to happen. Way too many players playing like they are there to make up the numbers.

We keep hearing about all these players coming through with each of the 4 provinces, but poor coaching and conservative selection has yet again cost us.

Sad day to be an Irish fan.
Wouldn't say sad day to be an Irish fan, but would expect the 23 at this fixture will look very different. Last role of the dice for a few players this season.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Absolutely Schmidt has to take blame. Very rare you'll win a game only scoring 9 points. Once again, we just can't score tries when we get into good positions against Wales.
It's tough that the Munster fans here get stick from some posters here for calling for Kearney to be dropped as they're absolutely right.
Talk about Kearney's positioning all you want, whilst ignoring his poor tackling and lack of offering anything going forward, but Scotland managed a bonus point against the Welsh, and Stuart Hogg helped considerably there.
POM should have been brought on earlier. Our lineout was poor but he improved it when he came on.
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Trying to blame ref is a.joke 3 tried to 0 and recurrent issues

FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Golf Man wrote:Trying to blame ref is a.joke 3 tried to 0 and recurrent issues

The numbers don't lie.
Anyone But New Zealand
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

In fairness, no one is blaming the ref except one guy who blames the ref for every loss ever.
I have Bumbleflex
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Dave Cahill wrote:

In fairness, no one is blaming the ref except one guy who blames the ref for every loss ever.
And typically the guy who'll roll over and get shafted by bent refs every time comes and says this.

We need to complain like the Welsh and Kiwis (incorrectly in both cases) did both in the media and at the games otherwise we will continue to be on the wrong end of decisions.

Barnes bias is statistically clear to see.
Anyone But New Zealand
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Schmidt needs to take a good hard look at what hes doing alright
To me it was another match against Wales where the Welsh coaching team got the upper hand. We've seen that before.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

FLIP wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

And typically the guy who'll roll over and get shafted by bent refs every time comes and says this.

We need to complain like the Welsh and Kiwis (incorrectly in both cases) did both in the media and at the games otherwise we will continue to be on the wrong end of decisions.

Barnes bias is statistically clear to see.
No, I just understand the laws of the game.

8 of those losses, for example, were during the previous coaches reign. What you're saying is that DK was a brilliant coach who was done down by the perfidy of Barnes.

Good luck with that
I have Bumbleflex