Connacht on Friday

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Now thats sitting on the fence! If we wrote a report like that we'd get slated by all and sundry, still, it's alovely piece of moral high ground....
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Very disappointed in that article - particularly after seeing who wrote it as well. :?
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

There were a few fools there alright but as we were the bulk of the away support, we were always going to attract the nutters that linger at every rugby match.

Having said that, I was disappointed that not one Connacht supporter uttered a congratulatory word or shook hands with me after the game, something which has never happened anywhere I have ever been.

Maybe the Connacht supporters found it hard to accept the result (which flattered us just a tad) but win, lose or draw I would like to think that people could at least be civil after the game.
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

apple sourz wrote:There were a few fools there alright but as we were the bulk of the away support, we were always going to attract the nutters that linger at every rugby match.

Having said that, I was disappointed that not one Connacht supporter uttered a congratulatory word or shook hands with me after the game, something which has never happened anywhere I have ever been.

Maybe the Connacht supporters found it hard to accept the result (which flattered us just a tad) but win, lose or draw I would like to think that people could at least be civil after the game.
In fairness one of those 'butt monkeys' :lol: that the Baron referred to offered to buy me a pint in the bor afterwards. Being more AFFluent I bought one for him instead.

A bit of niggle during the match and as good as gold afterwards. Exactly what you want really.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

conman
Knowledgeable

Post by conman »

apple sourz wrote:There were a few fools there alright but as we were the bulk of the away support, we were always going to attract the nutters that linger at every rugby match.

Well when I was in the pub Donny came up to me and shook my hand in comiserations. For some reason he mistook me for a Connacht supporter. :? It must be all that green in the new Leinster training jersey. :)
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Duke Raoul wrote:

In fairness one of those 'butt monkeys' :lol: that the Baron referred to offered to buy me a pint in the bor afterwards. Being more AFFluent I bought one for him instead.

A bit of niggle during the match and as good as gold afterwards. Exactly what you want really.
Fair play to them! gentlemen at the bar, thats what I like to hear!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

To be fair, I can understand if the Connacht supporters weren't in a chatty mood after a game from which they deserved something, as opposed to what on paper looks like a whupping, but all those that were there know was anything but.

I was chatting to packie in Garveys after the game for a while an must say that although obviously disappointed, he was most gracious in defeat.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Baron, he was saying what pissed him off the most was the round of high-fives after Disco's try. Totally unintentional on our part of course. :wink:
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Duke Raoul wrote:

That's the way it should be in fairness :wink:
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

limecat wrote:To be fair, I can understand if the Connacht supporters weren't in a chatty mood after a game from which they deserved something, as opposed to what on paper looks like a whupping, but all those that were there know was anything but.

I was chatting to packie in Garveys after the game for a while an must say that although obviously disappointed, he was most gracious in defeat.
That was very classy of the guy alright.

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

apple sourz wrote:
Duke Raoul wrote:In fairness one of those 'butt monkeys' :lol: that the Baron referred to offered to buy me a pint in the bor afterwards. Being more AFFluent I bought one for him instead.

I agree totally. Duke, it's your round :lol:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Beer Baron »

Duke Raoul wrote:Baron, he was saying what pissed him off the most was the round of high-fives after Disco's try. Totally unintentional on our part of course. :wink:
Woah! can't go stopping the High 5s just cos someone got offended! :wink:
Was completely unintentional, as you say, just a celebration of the man!
surprised he wasn't offended by my abusing McHugh after the yellow! doo de doo de doo! :P
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

limecat wrote:
apple sourz wrote:
Duke Raoul wrote:In fairness one of those 'butt monkeys' :lol: that the Baron referred to offered to buy me a pint in the bor afterwards. Being more AFFluent I bought one for him instead.

Do you know what? It probably is too. :lol:

See you Friday.

Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Beer Baron »

Duke Raoul wrote:
limecat wrote:
apple sourz wrote: That's the way it should be in fairness :wink:
Do you know what? It probably is too. :lol:

See you Friday.
Nah, its actually my round!
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Beer Baron wrote:
Duke Raoul wrote:Baron, he was saying what pissed him off the most was the round of high-fives after Disco's try. Totally unintentional on our part of course. :wink:
surprised he wasn't offended by my abusing McHugh after the yellow! doo de doo de doo! :P
I considered it prudent not to mention the war.

Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Beer Baron »

Duke Raoul wrote:
Beer Baron wrote:
Quite! and I'm glad. :)
Yours is a guinness on Friday?
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Beer Baron wrote:
Duke Raoul wrote:
Beer Baron wrote: Woah! can't go stopping the High 5s just cos someone got offended! :wink:
Quite! and I'm glad. :)
Yours is a guinness on Friday?
Would love to answer that Baron, but this thread is getting way to cliquey and is no doubt offensive to some. I'll pm you with my order.

CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Is that an official thread on the Connacht website ??? If so, he should have his arse slapped.
T - 45
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

conman wrote:
Well when I was in the pub Donny came up to me and shook my hand in comiserations. For some reason he mistook me for a Connacht supporter. :? It must be all that green in the new Leinster training jersey. :)
Sorry Conman, looked like a Connacht jersey in the light of the pub. :oops:

And packie was a gentleman by the way, look forward to meeting up again when Connacht visit us in March.

You're always going to get a few arsehole supporters who can't handle a bit of banter without resorting to abuse. I'm sure we've got a few ourselves. I prefer to judge supporters on the best of them, not the few idiots.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Is that an official thread on the Connacht website ??? If so, he should have his arse slapped.
CD

From what I read, It's more to do with the way we seem to always lose to Leinster even when we deserve to win, than an acutal hatred of all things Leinster. Certainly the message I got from the story.

They tend to be written the same night as the match so you'll have to allow for a certain amount of passion. It is after all a Connacht Supporters site... :wink:
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali