H Cup Away fixtures 2018/19

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Re: H Cup Away fixtures 2018/19

Post by The Doc »

footrush wrote:
domhnallj wrote:This crowd, Centurian, seem to have a link with Bath Rugby so they might be happy to sort out coach travel for you to the airport. I guess you would need to have firm numbers etc first but it might be worth asking them about the possibility.

https://www.bathrugbytransport.co.uk/
Hi Domhnallj thanks for the info as always it’s the game at the Away game against Wasps that I was wondering about ?.
I've done it before - you don't need to wait for the OLSC. Sounds like you'll have enough on here for a minibus or something. Just get lads to paypal you the cash and hire an airport transfer. There's usually a online options for minibus hire. As long as folks on here trust you with a tenner (or whatever)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

The Doc wrote:
footrush wrote:
domhnallj wrote:This crowd, Centurian, seem to have a link with Bath Rugby so they might be happy to sort out coach travel for you to the airport. I guess you would need to have firm numbers etc first but it might be worth asking them about the possibility.

Hi Domhnallj thanks for the info as always it’s the game at the Away game against Wasps that I was wondering about ?.
I've done it before - you don't need to wait for the OLSC. Sounds like you'll have enough on here for a minibus or something. Just get lads to paypal you the cash and hire an airport transfer. There's usually a online options for minibus hire. As long as folks on here trust you with a tenner (or whatever)
Would but looks like there may be a big crew trying to do this so it might need an actual coach ?.
Flying wedge
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

footrush wrote:

Hi Domhnallj thanks for the info as always it’s the Away game against Wasps that I was wondering about ?.
Ah, this lot might be a possibility:

https://zeelo.co/rides

20 people after the game to the Airport would be £10/head according to their booking site. 40 people would be £8.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Where would all the fans gather before the game in Toulouse, up from Carcassonne for the day?
lotmc
Learner

Post by lotmc »

Re. the Wasps game - we should know by late December if there is an OLSC transport option from Ricoh to Birmingham Airport. If not, I'm happy to get numbers in early January for a minibus and make a booking - shouldn't be too late at that stage.
The price of the flight is still fairly low at €47 so I don't think that there are too many booked on it, at this stage. Ryanair prices shoot up well beyond that level once the plane starts to fill up.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

lotmc wrote:Re. the Wasps game - we should know by late December if there is an OLSC transport option from Ricoh to Birmingham Airport. If not, I'm happy to get numbers in early January for a minibus and make a booking - shouldn't be too late at that stage.
The price of the flight is still fairly low at €47 so I don't think that there are too many booked on it, at this stage. Ryanair prices shoot up well beyond that level once the plane starts to fill up.
Fantastic would make things a lot easier .
Flying wedge
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

footrush wrote:
lotmc wrote:Re. the Wasps game - we should know by late December if there is an OLSC transport option from Ricoh to Birmingham Airport. If not, I'm happy to get numbers in early January for a minibus and make a booking - shouldn't be too late at that stage.
Fantastic would make things a lot easier .
are the trains now running to the Ricoh?
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Leoslovechild wrote:are the trains now running to the Ricoh?
They are, but are suspended when there is a game at the Ricoh. They use a single/two car deisel unit (one/two coach train) on the line that passes through the station, so overcrowding becomes a huge problem. Plenty of buses from Pool Meadow Bus Station in Coventry to the Tesco Superstore close to the ground (4/5/20). Also Buses from the Railway Station at Coventry.

https://www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/s ... y_2018.pdf
http://static.centro.org.uk/documents/n ... ry-WEB.pdf
http://static.centro.org.uk/documents/n ... eaflet.pdf
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

flustered wrote:Where would all the fans gather before the game in Toulouse, up from Carcassonne for the day?
Around Place du Capitole most likely (unless Toulouse set up a supporters area) - there'll be a supporters guide in the week before which may have other suggestions
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
DaveMr
Beginner

Post by DaveMr »

if there are enough numbers an OLSC bus is an option..
if not i'm happy to share a minibus too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

DaveMr wrote:
if there are enough numbers an OLSC bus is an option..
if not i'm happy to share a minibus too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
+1
Flying wedge
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

johng wrote:Know nothing about train times but I seem to remember that the train from Coventry to Brum airport takes about 15 minutes. So perhaps a taxi to the train?

Or better again. Monday off and take your time.
Not sure if someone already replied to this, but there's a train station in Birmingham airport, so no need to get a cab. Only a few quid, and about 10-15 minutes, from Birmingham airport to Coventry.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Also not a season ticket holder anymore. Have people already been given the option of buying Bath away tickets? Hoping to get a couple.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

TheBear wrote:Also not a season ticket holder anymore. Have people already been given the option of buying Bath away tickets? Hoping to get a couple.
No, I've seen nothing yet but was wondering when they would become available. Going on sale to their STHs on Nov 5th - so hopefully we'll hear something around then.
Dont Panic!
devaney

Post by devaney »

Bath Away
Well lads, have many booked for Bath away, checking flights to bristol now and seems reasonable. Hotels on the other hand are crazy money.

I now see Joe Walsh offering trips for €459 for one night. Seems excessive without tickets.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Dexter wrote:
TheBear wrote:Also not a season ticket holder anymore. Have people already been given the option of buying Bath away tickets? Hoping to get a couple.
No, I've seen nothing yet but was wondering when they would become available. Going on sale to their STHs on Nov 5th - so hopefully we'll hear something around then.
Last time we were there I bought directly from Bath Rugby with no problems. Got decent seats beside one of their older season ticket holders who gave me a very nice potted history of Bath. He was also most vocal about people moving about when the ball was in play - a sentiment I wish was shared everywhere.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Surely Bath away tickets will be sold by Leinster from their away fans allocation?

I see general public tickets only go on sale from Bath website on 13 November.
Four Stars
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Lar wrote:Surely Bath away tickets will be sold by Leinster from their away fans allocation?

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/olsc-bus-s ... bath-away/
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Lar wrote:Surely Bath away tickets will be sold by Leinster from their away fans allocation?

Still two tickets left on the Bath web site !.
Flying wedge
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

I got the number of tickets I was looking for. I bought from the STH allocation so hopefully we might have some other similarly minded fans around us. Opposite end from the Thatcher's Terrace though.
Four Stars