In Andy we trust.

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

In Andy we trust.

Post by Oldschool »

Congratulations to Andy Farrell.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Re: In Andy we trust.

Post by Twist »

It’s a big show of faith to let his first head coach job be our biggest job, but you’d have to think that some smart people, including Joe, have given it their imprimatur.

And he’s showing faith in himself too, going on stsge right after Streisand!

But honestly I cant think of one reason to suppose he won’t be a good head coach. England were mad to let him go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Twist wrote:
But honestly I cant think of one reason to suppose he won’t be a good head coach. England were mad to let him go.

I think he'll be a good head coach, I certainly hope he will - he's been a brilliant unit coach, but the road to hell is littered with absolutely top level unit coaches who couldn't make the transition
I have Bumbleflex
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by Dave Cahill

I think he'll be a good head coach, I certainly hope he will - he's been a brilliant unit coach, but the road to hell is littered with absolutely top level unit coaches who couldn't make the transition
Agreed. I think it's bullish of the IRFU to give him the job without any prior experience and getting it will be a poisioned chalice after Joe, but he's a wily operator and seems to know his business well. I hope he does great but with cavets. That Lancaster is joining the team under him though strikes me as a weird decision. It could lead to tensions etc and the team don't need that.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

sunshiner1 wrote:
by Dave Cahill

Agreed. I think it's bullish of the IRFU to give him the job without any prior experience and getting it will be a poisioned chalice after Joe, but he's a wily operator and seems to know his business well. I hope he does great but with cavets. That Lancaster is joining the team under him though strikes me as a weird decision. It could lead to tensions etc and the team don't need that.
Lancaster has integrity.
If he didn't think he could work with Andy then he simply wouldn't sign up.
The real question is who are Leinster going to get to replace him
Losing Joey is one thing but losing a top quality coach is quite another - probably better discussed in the Leinster section.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Are we taking a few rumours on Pundit arena as proof that Lancaster is off to the Ireland gig? Or did I miss an announcement?
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

johng wrote:Are we taking a few rumours on Pundit arena as proof that Lancaster is off to the Ireland gig? Or did I miss an announcement?
+1
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by johng

a few rumours on Pundit arena
Thats where the info is coming from!? I saw it on the42. If it's on pundit arena then I don't think we have to worry.
Last edited by sunshiner1 on November 28th, 2018, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote:Are we taking a few rumours on Pundit arena as proof that Lancaster is off to the Ireland gig? Or did I miss an announcement?
TBH and TBF it's more like speculation than rumour mongering and quite reasonable under the circumstances.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Twist wrote:

Les Kiss being a case in point. Though he had to deal with a fairly toxic culture.....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us