Leinster v Ulster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by ronk »

RoboProp wrote:So, the Ulster game :lol:
We'll be at our best if we don't overthink the last result and we focus on Ulster.

They have improved but we should still take them at home.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

They will be resting a load of players. Their squad is very thin and they still have a chance in Europe
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

johng wrote:They will be resting a load of players. Their squad is very thin and they still have a chance in Europe
Send Fardy and Linkin Park out with the tots and bunch of Byrnes? Seemed to go well the few times we did it so far this season.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Well the only upside of a possible ban for Lowe is that you can play Fardy and gigson prak in every game
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote:Well the only upside of a possible ban for Lowe is that you can play Fardy and gigson prak in every game
Nothing wrong with that.
Gitson Prat, in particular would be a handy player coming off the bench against a team like Toulouse.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

Ulster have a decent chance in Europe and have been playing mostly first choice teams the last two weeks, they'll probably rest loads of players.

We'll probably see something like this:
1. McGrath 2. Cronin 3. Porter
4. Toner 5. Fardy
6. Murphy 8. Deegan 7. Leavy
9. JGP 10. Sexton
12. Reid 13. O'Loughlin
11. Daly 15. Kearney 14. Byrne

16. Byrne 17. Byrne 18. Akhbaladze 19. Molony 20. Doris 21. O'Sullivan 22. Frawley 23. Conor O'Brien
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Wouldn't surprise me to see Leo try to get his starting pack (for Toulouse game) on the pitch on Saturday. Far from resting guys, his biggest challenge is getting the pack up to European pitch and tempo for visit of the French. In retrospect, Connacht game presented the best opportunity to get our pack back to the tempo that Toulouse will play the game. Certainly the Munster match wasn't suitable and I suspect Ulster will not want a high-tempo game against us, although we may force the issue by dominating possession.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

leinster23 wrote:Ulster have a decent chance in Europe and have been playing mostly first choice teams the last two weeks, they'll probably rest loads of players.

We'll probably see something like this:
1. McGrath 2. Cronin 3. Porter
4. Toner 5. Fardy
6. Murphy 8. Deegan 7. Leavy
9. JGP 10. Sexton
12. Reid 13. O'Loughlin
11. Daly 15. Kearney 14. Byrne

16. Byrne 17. Byrne 18. Akhbaladze 19. Molony 20. Doris 21. O'Sullivan 22. Frawley 23. Conor O'Brien
Byrne instead of Sexton.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Can't see Sexton starting this one - he is booked in for a week of anger management therapy after the visit to Shelbyville :D :D
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Would like to see Deegan get a run at 8 v Ulster - has impressed in recent cameos...........
Mountjoy
Beginner

Post by Mountjoy »

As long as we see Sexton at some stage my son will be happy( even if its in the bar after the game) . Maybe he will be rested for Toulouse.What are the best rugby pubs in Dublin ?I like old fashioned pubs. I went to an excellent one years ago had a backroom of guys reading the rugby newspapers over a guinness! I think it was around temple bar but not sure...we are really looking forward to it !
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

I would suggest you can't go far wrong on match day, than to head for Ballsbridge pre match - anytime from lunchtime onwards.
Usually a good atmosphere and pubs will be filled with Rugby fans. Normally a good travelling contingent from Ulster as well - they usually get there early

The Bridge (owned by Heaslip, Sean O'Brien and Dave & Rob Kearney )
Paddy Cullens/Mary Macs
Crowes
Horse Show House

All within 100 yards of each other and less than 100 yards to the RDS
Or inside the Ground the Official Leinster Supporters Bar ("The Laighin Out" pronounced Line Out)

After the game, on a walk back into city centre, "Searsons" and "The Waterloo" in Upper Baggot Street, are usually locations for rugby heads after a match.
Further on the way back to city centre, there is "the Golden mile".
Toners, Doheny & Nesbitts, O'Donoghues all on Baggot Street/Merrion Row - not rugby pubs but good quality drinking establishments , with a reputation for a good pint.

Enjoy !
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Mountjoy wrote:Thanks again. I will probably walk from oconnell st to the rds. Im sure there are a few decent pubs on the way! Btw my grandmum sold the house in Hastings st for about 50 quid in the sixties. My mum died this summer in england id like to see where she lived etc...My da was from somewhere near Mountjoy square. They moved to england in the 50s.

Get yourself onto Baggot Street, (OFF Stephens Green) which leads directly to Ballsbridge and the RDS.
Lots of good old fashioned pubs on Baggot Street

Donoghues, Toners, Doheny &Nesbitt - all traditional old pubs with good pints of stout.

Then over the canal and The Waterloo and Searsons.
Next stop is Ballsbridge and the Rugby pubs, and then into the RDS.
harblstuff
Bookworm

Post by harblstuff »

bails wrote:
Mountjoy wrote:Thanks again. I will probably walk from oconnell st to the rds. Im sure there are a few decent pubs on the way! Btw my grandmum sold the house in Hastings st for about 50 quid in the sixties. My mum died this summer in england id like to see where she lived etc...My da was from somewhere near Mountjoy square. They moved to england in the 50s.

Get yourself onto Baggot Street, (OFF Stephens Green) which leads directly to Ballsbridge and the RDS.
Lots of good old fashioned pubs on Baggot Street

Donoghues, Toners, Doheny &Nesbitt - all traditional old pubs with good pints of stout.

Then over the canal and The Waterloo and Searsons.
Next stop is Ballsbridge and the Rugby pubs, and then into the RDS.

From the Shelbourne towards the RDS:

Leg One:
O'Donoghues
Foley's
Reilly's
Doheny & Nebitt
Toners
McGrattans

Slight tangent:
Smyths
Bar 51

Leg Two:
The Wellington
The Waterloo
Searsons
Lansdowne Hotel (The Den Bar)

Leg Three:
The Bridge
Crowe's
Mary Mac's
Paddy Cullen's
Madigan's / Horse Show

17 pubs between the Shelbourne and the RDS. Take your pick, or take them all. It's only 17 pints of Guinness, doable in 8 hours.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

the Bridge are holding their annual "Leinster Supporters Appreciation Day" from 2.30 on Saturday - assume some of the owners will make an appearance.
Mountjoy
Beginner

Post by Mountjoy »

Thats fantastic guys thank you. Is that Lansdowne Hotel an old pub seem to remember my mum mentioning that one
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Mountjoy wrote:Thats fantastic guys thank you. Is that Lansdowne Hotel an old pub seem to remember my mum mentioning that one
You might be thinking of the Lasdowne Bar which was a pub on Bath Avenue but is now a gastropub called 'The Old Spot'. Nice spot for a bit of grub but plenty of better pubs around!
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Wow. This game is pretty much sold out - just a few 75 euro tickets left. Does anyone here know of any tickets going that are a bit cheaper? Taking my brother to his first game for a long time. He lives in the Middle East but 75 is just a bit too steep. Thanks!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

suisse wrote:Wow. This game is pretty much sold out - just a few 75 euro tickets left. Does anyone here know of any tickets going that are a bit cheaper? Taking my brother to his first game for a long time. He lives in the Middle East but 75 is just a bit too steep. Thanks!
There's a few cheaper on the season ticket exchange. 131 of the north stand at 35 each. 50-60 for about 60 others.
https://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/h ... 4-41734532
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

https://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/h ... 4-41734532

Link is broken. Try that

The grand total of 3 seats on it currently