Leinster v Ulster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Oldschool
Leo Cullen
Posts: 12602
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by Oldschool »

backrower8 wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Deegan was prominent with and without the ball and completely outplayed Nick Timoney, who has been in good form for Ulster this season. Like a few other people, I would have preferred to see Doris get more time at blindside – Josh Murphy is a worker, but he's quite one-paced. It's tough to criticise a guy who does everything he's asked to do, but I'd like to see Deegan get the push at No8 AND keep Doris' rate of progression high.
So can we take it that, unlike Des Berry on independent.ie last week, you wouldn't be up for sending Deegan on loan anywhere?
He's not the only one who wouldn't be in favour of sending Deegan anywhere, any time.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.

mildlyinterested
Shane Horgan
Posts: 4993
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by mildlyinterested »

backrower8 wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Deegan was prominent with and without the ball and completely outplayed Nick Timoney, who has been in good form for Ulster this season. Like a few other people, I would have preferred to see Doris get more time at blindside – Josh Murphy is a worker, but he's quite one-paced. It's tough to criticise a guy who does everything he's asked to do, but I'd like to see Deegan get the push at No8 AND keep Doris' rate of progression high.
So can we take it that, unlike Des Berry on independent.ie last week, you wouldn't be up for sending Deegan on loan anywhere?
who is? bar Berry?
Last edited by mildlyinterested on January 7th, 2019, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LeinsterLeader
Mullet
Posts: 1648
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote:
backrower8 wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Deegan was prominent with and without the ball and completely outplayed Nick Timoney, who has been in good form for Ulster this season. Like a few other people, I would have preferred to see Doris get more time at blindside – Josh Murphy is a worker, but he's quite one-paced. It's tough to criticise a guy who does everything he's asked to do, but I'd like to see Deegan get the push at No8 AND keep Doris' rate of progression high.
So can we take it that, unlike Des Berry on independent.ie last week, you wouldn't be up for sending Deegan on loan anywhere?
who is bar Berry?
Isn’t he the policeman in South Park? :shock:

User avatar
johng
Devin Toner
Posts: 18322
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by johng »

Didn't he have a coast in north Africa?

User avatar
fourthirtythree
Cian Healy
Posts: 9322
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:33 pm
Location: Eight miles high

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by fourthirtythree »

The Berber barbers of barbary?
Datta: what have we given?
My friend, blood shaking my heart
The awful daring of a moment's surrender
Which an age of prudence can never retract
What the thunder said to Brian Lenihan

backrower8
Enlightened
Posts: 824
Joined: December 4th, 2006, 7:13 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by backrower8 »

mildlyinterested wrote:
backrower8 wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Deegan was prominent with and without the ball and completely outplayed Nick Timoney, who has been in good form for Ulster this season. Like a few other people, I would have preferred to see Doris get more time at blindside – Josh Murphy is a worker, but he's quite one-paced. It's tough to criticise a guy who does everything he's asked to do, but I'd like to see Deegan get the push at No8 AND keep Doris' rate of progression high.
So can we take it that, unlike Des Berry on independent.ie last week, you wouldn't be up for sending Deegan on loan anywhere?
who is? bar Berry?
Do you think Berry really thinks that or was HE just writing an (unhelpful) click bait article over Christmas that went with the flow of general media commentary that for a month or so went along the lines of Deegan good but expendable while shinier-brighter, even younger (18months) Doris = BETTER a la Kieran Reid.... hype.... hype...etc"

mildlyinterested
Shane Horgan
Posts: 4993
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by mildlyinterested »

Well Doris was playing ahead of him and given Deegan's profile and talent level it hardly takes a genius to think a move elsewhere would be good for him.

Hell most journalists think leinster should lose a lot of squad players as the province has "too much talent"

backrower8
Enlightened
Posts: 824
Joined: December 4th, 2006, 7:13 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by backrower8 »

mildlyinterested wrote:Well Doris was playing ahead of him and given Deegan's profile and talent level it hardly takes a genius to think a move elsewhere would be good for him.

Hell most journalists think leinster should lose a lot of squad players as the province has "too much talent"
Well it takes a journalist at Xmas to write a click bait article about Deegan going anywhere because he is in a wee slump and Doris gets picked ahead of him for 2 games.

What do YOU think is best for Leinster and Deegan?

Come to think of it...should Doris go on loan after a poor starting game against Connacht and being overlooked for Munster and only benched for Connacht?! #mytonguefirmlyincheek

User avatar
johng
Devin Toner
Posts: 18322
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by johng »

hugonaut wrote:Josh Murphy is a worker, but he's quite one-paced. It's tough to criticise a guy who does everything he's asked to do, but I'd like to see Deegan get the push at No8 AND keep Doris' rate of progression high.
Given our always ongoing stream of back row talent do you think Murphy should move into the 2nd row? AFAIK he has played there a reasonable amount He is about 6'5"

mildlyinterested
Shane Horgan
Posts: 4993
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by mildlyinterested »

johng wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Josh Murphy is a worker, but he's quite one-paced. It's tough to criticise a guy who does everything he's asked to do, but I'd like to see Deegan get the push at No8 AND keep Doris' rate of progression high.
Given our always ongoing stream of back row talent do you think Murphy should move into the 2nd row? AFAIK he has played there a reasonable amount He is about 6'5"
Murphy can't carry the weight required to be an effective scrummager at lock. And he played there fairly sparingly, if he could play the position at pro 14 level, he would have moved there already IMO.

Doris or Deegan should be play 6 ahead of him IMO, which may be a bit harsh but given limited minutes available to both seems the best use of the available resources.

Post Reply