Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bluemagic
Enlightened

Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Post by bluemagic »

Are Leinster supporters buying tickets in a certain section for this game? There’s no lack of choice looking at the availability....
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Re: Wasps v Leinster, Jan 20th - 3:15pm

Post by tomthefan »

I watched the wasps home game against Northampton last Sunday (they're only 30 miles apart, ditto leicester, so pretty much derbies now), it's a big ground and was well under half full by the looks of it. There'll be even fewer there next Saturday I'd imagine.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

Can get tickets in lucky bags for this one local schools also giving away tickets no worries
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Team selected on basis that:

1. all those ruled out last week are available (except Luke & SOB)
2. Joe's 6N mindset will have a bearing

Healy
Cronin
Tadhg
Toner (needs action pre 6N, rest Ryan because we can and with 6N in Joe's mind)
Fardy
Rhys
VDF
Conan

JGP
Johnny
Jordan
Henshaw (needs gametime for 6N)
Garry
Adam (showing faith and building his confidence is of greater value than bringing back Lowe for a match we should deliver on without him...but close call)
Rob (needs gametime for 6N)

Subs:
Tracy
Jack Mc - not sure how to read this. If fit, Jack needs gametime for 6N, but Byrne was selected ahead of him on merit. How do you reverse that decision fairly in 1 week?
Molony
Leavy if fit as needs gametime pre 6N/ Deegan
HOS - nobody else available
Byrne
ROL
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

What is going on with Leavy? He has had more late withdrawals than starts since the Australian series.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

backrower8 wrote:Team selected on basis that:

Healy
Cronin
Tadhg
Fardy
Rhys
VDF
Conan

JGP
Johnny
Jordan
Garry
Adam (showing faith and building his confidence is of greater value than bringing back Lowe for a match we should deliver on without him...but close call)

Subs:
Tracy
Jack Mc - not sure how to read this. If fit, Jack needs gametime for 6N, but Byrne was selected ahead of him on merit. How do you reverse that decision fairly in 1 week?
Molony
Byrne
ROL
Ross Byrne's substitution on 60 mins against Toulouse could be seen as a cotton wool precaution because we may not get Sexo for Wasps. I think it'll be RB with Noel on the bench again.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Byrne came off in the 72nd minute
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Quite a few permutations for this based on who we get back.

If Toner is back, I reckon we'll start Lowe and leave Fardy out.

Don't think ROL should lose his place either.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

cormac wrote:Byrne came off in the 72nd minute
Well so much for my theory then. :lol:
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
christy
Bookworm

Post by christy »

wixfjord wrote:Quite a few permutations for this based on who we get back.

Toner said at the launch of his legends T-shirt he is fit for next week.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

christy wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Quite a few permutations for this based on who we get back.

Toner said at the launch of his legends T-shirt he is fit for next week.
Great, that's a big boost.

Sounds like Johnny won't be unfortunately.

Would expect Robbie to come into contention but probably at 23 rather than 12.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

I hope they stick with Adam Byrne. He made more meters (57) than anyone else, 2 clean breaks and 4 defenders beaten. Scored the BP try. He's lethal right now. In unbelievable form, sh!t hot as they say.
Grubber
Beginner

Post by Grubber »

bluemagic wrote:Are Leinster supporters buying tickets in a certain section for this game? There’s no lack of choice looking at the availability....
Might want to check the on the road part of the forum. There are a couple of threads in there about this game and seems like a few people organizing stuff, such as where they are sitting.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

backrower8 wrote:Team selected on basis that:

Healy
Cronin
Tadhg
Fardy
Rhys
VDF
Conan

JGP
Johnny
Jordan
Garry

Subs:
Tracy
Molony
Byrne
ROL
I really hope that, for a must-win game in Europe, we are not selecting players based on the precise minutes Joe Schmidt wants them to get and/or (for the second week in a row) not playing front line players we need.
Assuming Dev is back, I would expect him and Ryan to start - along with Lowe and LPG.
If Henshaw is to start, I hope it is because he is ready and raring to go (and not to get him up-to-speed for the 6 Nations).
I would like Leavy to play - not because he needs gametime, but because we will need him in there if Fardy is not involved.

The tealeaves on Sexton aren't good, so I guess Ross Byrne will start (if he is ok after Toulouse's repeated attempts to decapitate him).
Beyond that, the only change I would make would be Byrne for Tracy. I think he is ahead of him. Nugget had a great game on Saturday.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

hughie already registered for europe, so need to name his as a replacement.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

curates_egg wrote:
I really hope that, for a must-win game in Europe, we are not selecting players based on the precise minutes Joe Schmidt wants them to get and/or (for the second week in a row) not playing front line players we need.

Where is your source that we didn’t play frontline players that we needed last week? Who was fit that they rested for Ireland? Don’t quote Lancaster either because he did not say we were resting fit players.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

bluemagic wrote:Are Leinster supporters buying tickets in a certain section for this game? There’s no lack of choice looking at the availability....
Not sure where the olsc have been put but I'm on the halfway line near the front and was told that there are quite a few Leinster supporters who have bought tickets in the same block.

It's s strange ground aswell. Nice and new but no real atmosphere and the pitch is small. Was there for the 50-10 game a few years ago and am looking forward to seeing the team right that result.

We found a wasps supporters private social club around the corner from the ground and they were more than happy to let away fans in. It's actually the Coventry city fans social club but the rugby lads use it on match days. Think it's a fiver to park your car there if you are driving. Bout 15 min walk from the ground.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

OTT wrote:
curates_egg wrote:

Where is your source that we didn’t play frontline players that we needed last week? Who was fit that they rested for Ireland? Don’t quote Lancaster either because he did not say we were resting fit players.
I have no source, beyond the grapevine. It is my belief, and that of plenty of people, that at least two of our players who weren't involved on Saturday were physically capable of being involved, and would have been involved under other circumstances. Certainly, as you note, Lancaster himself indicated in the presser that the Irish set-up was also involved in decisions on our players' availability.
I totally accept that you (or others) might have a different belief, and that my belief may not be accurate. I respect your right to your beliefs :wink:
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

curates_egg wrote:
OTT wrote:
curates_egg wrote:

I have no source, beyond the grapevine. It is my belief, and that of plenty of people, that at least two of our players who weren't involved on Saturday were physically capable of being involved, and would have been involved under other circumstances. Certainly, as you note, Lancaster himself indicated in the presser that the Irish set-up was also involved in decisions on our players' availability.
I totally accept that you (or others) might have a different belief, and that my belief may not be accurate. I respect your right to your beliefs :wink:
Good stuff. I don't have any beliefs on it Lancaster said on Monday that certain players were 50/50 and by the end of the week he said they had not made it. That is the info I had, I thought you must have had a different source.

What two players did you think were match fit?
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

OTT wrote:
curates_egg wrote:

You'd have to be very naive not to understand that Joe Schmidt & co have a direct hand in selections with both eyes on the six nations and the world cup - including for European games.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ