Wasps away info

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Leoslovechild
Mullet

Re: Wasps away info

Post by Leoslovechild »

are there still special match day buses from Coventry (outside the train station if I remember correctly) to and from the Ricoh on match days?
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Leoslovechild wrote:are there still special match day buses from Coventry (outside the train station if I remember correctly) to and from the Ricoh on match days?
It said so in the OLSC away guide. Every 15 minutes. I had to wait an hour last time we played there though
Anyone But New Zealand
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

FLIP wrote:
Leoslovechild wrote:are there still special match day buses from Coventry (outside the train station if I remember correctly) to and from the Ricoh on match days?
It said so in the OLSC away guide. Every 15 minutes. I had to wait an hour last time we played there though
Thanks Hadn't seen the guide...yep waited an hour coming back but got there early so was all good ...there is a train from Birmingham to Ricoh at 1.15pm also might get that and then bus/train back
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Leoslovechild wrote:
FLIP wrote:
Thanks Hadn't seen the guide...yep waited an hour coming back but got there early so was all good ...there is a train from Birmingham to Ricoh at 1.15pm also might get that and then bus/train back
If this helps.

From Coventry Trinity St (by Sainsburys) to Foleshill Road (Ricoh Arena Park Shopping Centre) Services per hour (Sunday).

Time Bus
xx:03 20A
xx:06 48
xx:18 20
xx:33 20A
xx:36 48
xx:48 20

Return from Foleshill Road (Stop AG)

Time Bus
xx:12 20
xx:16 48
xx:22 20A
xx:42 20
xx:46 48
xx:52 20A
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

the away guide wrote: The easiest way to get there is to take the frequent, free shuttle buses from the Coventry train station to the
stadium.
These will be operating every 15 minutes from 12noon up until kick-off and then after the game.
In addition to the free shuttle buses there are several buses that drop off at the Retail Park opposite the Ricoh
Arena (approx. 10 min walk).
Service 4 provides a link to the Retail Park from Holbrooks and Walsgrave (University Hospital) via the City
Centre and Stoke Hill with buses running all day, every day.
Service 5 links the Retail Park with Holbrooks and Coundon continuing to Earlsdon and Torrington Avenue via
the City Centre with buses running every day
Services 20, 20A and 20E all serve the Retail Park via Foleshill Road from the City Centre with frequent buses
throughout the day.
Coventry Arena Train Station - Arena Park Shopping Centre is also an option. This station is located within
5 minutes walking distance from the Ricoh Arena. On Wasps match days the service is one train per hour in
either direction with double carriage capacity.
Should be easy enough and free too
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

johng wrote:
the away guide wrote: The easiest way to get there is to take the frequent, free shuttle buses from the Coventry train station to the
stadium.
These will be operating every 15 minutes from 12noon up until kick-off and then after the game.
In addition to the free shuttle buses there are several buses that drop off at the Retail Park opposite the Ricoh
Arena (approx. 10 min walk).
Service 4 provides a link to the Retail Park from Holbrooks and Walsgrave (University Hospital) via the City
Centre and Stoke Hill with buses running all day, every day.
Service 5 links the Retail Park with Holbrooks and Coundon continuing to Earlsdon and Torrington Avenue via
the City Centre with buses running every day
Services 20, 20A and 20E all serve the Retail Park via Foleshill Road from the City Centre with frequent buses
throughout the day.
Coventry Arena Train Station - Arena Park Shopping Centre is also an option. This station is located within
5 minutes walking distance from the Ricoh Arena. On Wasps match days the service is one train per hour in
either direction with double carriage capacity.
Should be easy enough and free too
Again though I waited a long while for one last time. Hopefully it's better.
Anyone But New Zealand
TFP

Post by TFP »

The Four Provinces Pub Coventry would like to invite all travelling Leinster fans to come and join us for live music after the game on Sunday, if you show your match ticket you get a free shot!! We have a wide range of Irish beverages on offer from Guinness to West Coast Coolers. Hopefully we’ll see you there on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

It said so in the OLSC away guide. Every 15 minutes. I had to wait an hour last time we played there though[/quote]
Thanks Hadn't seen the guide...yep waited an hour coming back but got there early so was all good ...there is a train from Birmingham to Ricoh at 1.15pm also might get that and then bus/train back[/quote]

If this helps.

From Coventry Trinity St (by Sainsburys) to Foleshill Road (Ricoh Arena Park Shopping Centre) Services per hour (Sunday).

Time Bus
xx:03 20A
xx:06 48
xx:18 20
xx:33 20A
xx:36 48
xx:48 20

Return from Foleshill Road (Stop AG)

Time Bus
xx:12 20
xx:16 48
xx:22 20A
xx:42 20
xx:46 48
xx:52 20A[/quote]

Thanks Hornet
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

mtleinster wrote:I'm flying Dub Bir at 10:45-11:50
Returning 19:55-21:00

Anyone on the same flight over?

I'm in BLK 24, but I'm sure there is no issue moving around

I'm not going to reply on a bus outside a train station. You could be in a queue of 5,000 people. Taxi will be about £12 per person from the airport
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

mtleinster wrote:
mtleinster wrote:I'm flying Dub Bir at 10:45-11:50
Returning 19:55-21:00

Anyone on the same flight over?

I'm in BLK 24, but I'm sure there is no issue moving around

I'm not going to reply on a bus outside a train station. You could be in a queue of 5,000 people. Taxi will be about £12 per person from the airport
Been there three times before one Munster and two Leinster games always been a really cr@p place to get out of am considering all options at the moment to get to the airport from the ground, do you plan to organise a taxi to pick you up after the game ?. Am thinking of trying to get a train across !.
Flying wedge
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

footrush wrote:
mtleinster wrote:

Been there three times before one Munster and two Leinster games always been a really cr@p place to get out of am considering all options at the moment to get to the airport from the ground, do you plan to organise a taxi to pick you up after the game ?. Am thinking of trying to get a train across !.
Trains, (if they are stopping at Coventry Arena) will be a) rammed and b) hourly. I've always got the service bus from the Sainsbury's stop in town to avoid the crowds at the Station, and on the Foleshill Road on the way back. Taxi using Uber is around £30 from the Stadium to the Airport and takes around 20-30 mins (Straight down the M6/M42).
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Cheers Hornet !.
Flying wedge
ARCD
Learner

Post by ARCD »

I booked a rental car for this weekend and will be driving back to Birmingham airport for a 19:55 flight after the match. Have a few empty seats so if anyone wants a lift let me know