Anti -Irish sentiment on bbc

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Mountjoy
Beginner

Anti -Irish sentiment on bbc

Post by Mountjoy »

Anyone else read the Post match bbc comments after the game. The anti irish posts were nasty and vitriolic, good to see that anti irish is ok on the bbc but not anti ethnic, jewish, black etc. BBC showing its true colours . And this from a team of Polynesians, oh the irony!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Anti -Irish sentiment on bbc

Post by Ruckedtobits »

If you are a regular BBC posts reader, you won't be surprised. But get over it. Those with the time and outlook to use sports as their vehicle of abuse live sad lives.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Mountjoy wrote:Anyone else read the Post match bbc comments after the game. The anti irish posts were nasty and vitriolic, good to see that anti irish is ok on the bbc but not anti ethnic, jewish, black etc. BBC showing its true colours . And this from a team of Polynesians, oh the irony!
You're shocked by internet comments?

Avoid YouTube!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Internet comments section. Dont read them when I agree with them, and I dont read them when I dont.
Mountjoy wrote: And this from a team of Polynesians
comments like that is why I tend to stay in moderated forums like this.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Mountjoy wrote:Anyone else read the Post match bbc comments after the game. The anti irish posts were nasty and vitriolic, good to see that anti irish is ok on the bbc but not anti ethnic, jewish, black etc. BBC showing its true colours . And this from a team of Polynesians, oh the irony!
Victorious sports teams have a habit of revealing a certain type of folk online who do not know how to win or lose with dignity. Leinster & Ireland rugby 'fans' are not excluded from this.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Mountjoy
Beginner

Post by Mountjoy »

Logorrrae I was merely pointing out the irony of the bbc allowing xenophobic comments about irish people whilst they are efficientvat removing anti ethnic etc comments. Of course it doesnt surprise me with the hypocroites, an institution rotten to the core which protects paedophiles. I dont think saying that half the English team is ‘polynesian’ should be deemed ‘racist’ etc ( its a fact) if you read it in the context of the irony from the bbc and there pc propaganda....
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Of course you never hear any anti English sentiment in Ireland or from the Irish.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
thecomedian
Beginner

Post by thecomedian »

We are far worse with anti English comments.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

thecomedian wrote:We are far worse with anti English comments.

Yeah but ours don't have an unpleasant "know your place Potato-eating Paddies" aspect to them. Nonetheless internet comment sections are cesspits, best not to get too unruffled by them.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Unrelated but I was drinking on George's Street last night. I wore an IRFU hoody to the game but I had a red Lions t-shirt underneath it. Pub is hot so hoody comes off. Someone approached me and after finding out I'm not English, asked why I wear a British jersey. Inexplicably, he then asked what football team I support. I said: "I'm Irish. I support Shels." Which I do. I don't follow EPL at all. He said "f%~k off" and walked away.

In other words, people are stupid and too many people are still in Darwin's waiting room.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

suisse wrote:Unrelated but I was drinking on George's Street last night. I wore an IRFU hoody to the game but I had a red Lions t-shirt underneath it. Pub is hot so hoody comes off. Someone approached me and after finding out I'm not English, asked why I wear a British jersey. Inexplicably, he then asked what football team I support. I said: "I'm Irish. I support Shels." Which I do. I don't follow EPL at all. He said "f%~k off" and walked away.

In other words, people are stupid and too many people are still in Darwin's waiting room.
You should have said Accrington Stanley..
Accrington Stanley...who are they?
Exactly!
Zyvis

Post by Zyvis »

Keyboard warriors are mostly youngsters with a lot of issues going on, teenagers have a lot of pressures and complex ego and developmental issues going on, they are mostly tripe, meaningless.
They are stupid as they should be aware that when they go too far they are just bait for minor convictions which the courts love to lap up and get paid for through fines, if they are really stupid some of them end up in jail.
Live and learn, and ignore them.
Youtube should ban or be banned from having a comment facility as it is unregulated, ditto facebook which should only allow comments between friends, the issues and bullying that goes on there over the years is a scandalous and serious disgrace.
Like somebody else said, stick to regulated forums where people who lose it get banned out of it eventually.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Its almost as if alcohol can impact on peoples behaviors. Weird that.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

TBF the English get it from all sides all the time. If the Irish were serial losers nobody would be sticking it to us, they'd offer us pity instead. Is that what you want?
I'd rather have respect/fear (speaking in a sporting context here). As a Leeds fan I've had it all. Hated in the 70's, forgotten in the 80s, hated again in the 90s (we were a threat again), laughing stock in the 2000's, pitied again. I'm looking forward to being once more, verbally abused for my choice of Premiership team , when will that day come sweet jesus.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Basically either you, your father or your brother are over 55. :lol:
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

blockhead wrote:TBF the English get it from all sides all the time. If the Irish were serial losers nobody would be sticking it to us, they'd offer us pity instead. Is that what you want?
I'd rather have respect/fear (speaking in a sporting context here). As a Leeds fan I've had it all. Hated in the 70's, forgotten in the 80s, hated again in the 90s (we were a threat again), laughing stock in the 2000's, pitied again. I'm looking forward to being once more, verbally abused for my choice of Premiership team , when will that day come sweet jesus.
You'll enjoy this article if you haven't already seen it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... iel-taylor
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Marching on Together
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

We lost to a better team oh dear how sad never mind lets get over it and carry on we still have games to win lets do it