Whats the battlecruiser for Embra

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Too late. You should see the state of him. :wink:
Don't you have shirts to make?
A proud Winsome Fluter
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

I'm loving the sound of this....bring it on. Claire - myself and Sarah will be carrying out reconnaissance on Saturday - research purposes only!
Summer is ready when you are

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Eve wrote:I'm loving the sound of this....bring it on. Claire - myself and Sarah will be carrying out reconnaissance on Saturday - research purposes only!
Excellent news! I shall be around for breakfast on Sunday to hear the fruits of your labours :wink:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

What's going on? You lot all having a crack at GRumpy? Can hardly blame you, he's second only to Dave Cahill in terms of his pulling power.... :twisted:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Flash Gordon wrote:What's going on? You lot all having a crack at GRumpy? Can hardly blame you, he's second only to Dave Cahill in terms of his pulling power.... :twisted:

I am second to no man!

Oh wait, thats what you just said, isn't it?
A proud Winsome Fluter
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Flash Gordon wrote:What's going on? You lot all having a crack at GRumpy? Can hardly blame you, he's second only to Dave Cahill in terms of his pulling power.... :twisted:
They're hardly going to go all the way to Edinburgh (the home of Simon Taylor, incidentally), and end up with Grumpy are they :roll:
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

claire_m wrote:
Eve wrote:I'm loving the sound of this....bring it on. Claire - myself and Sarah will be carrying out reconnaissance on Saturday - research purposes only!
Excellent news! I shall be around for breakfast on Sunday to hear the fruits of your labours :wink:
I'm sure we'll do you proud!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

claire_m wrote:
They're hardly going to go all the way to Edinburgh (the home of Simon Taylor, incidentally), and end up with Grumpy are they :roll:
They fockin wish! :wink:
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

claire_m wrote:
mmmmmmm Simon Taylor :D

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Eve wrote:
claire_m wrote:
Would you stop it or I'll get Point to ban you from munsterfans. :evil: :wink:
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Eve wrote:
claire_m wrote:
I'd approve of research into that! :lol:
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Eve wrote:
claire_m wrote: They're hardly going to go all the way to Edinburgh (the home of Simon Taylor, incidentally), and end up with Grumpy are they :roll:
I'd have to be registered first :wink:

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Eve wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Eve wrote: mmmmmmm Simon Taylor :D
Not being registered? That's a banning offence. :twisted:
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Eve wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: Would you stop it or I'll get Point to ban you from munsterfans. :evil: :wink:
Not being registered? That's a banning offence. :twisted:
Woo-hoo - do wonders for my cred around here, being banned from mf.com :D

harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Mauler wrote:I was over in Embra for the Foot & Mouth International in 2001, we stayed on till Monday morning, and I remember that the city was pretty quite on Sunday night.
There were very few bars open late. Maybe someone with some local knowladge can help us here.
Mauler, you've lost it. Sunday of the Foot & Mouth International was All Ireland Football Final, Galway beat Meath, only 2 pubs in Embra showed it Finnegans & Mulligans, both were packed and had qeues outside them all day. Was the best days boozing I've ever gone on. And Espionage closed at 4 IIRC.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

If it was a later ko I'd say start in Rose St. loads of pubs, everyone in the middle of the road, great laugh, but ko at 1, head up early to either Haymarket or Murrayfield Hotel. Just someone ring ahead and make sure they are open......
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

harryp wrote:
Mauler wrote:I was over in Embra for the Foot & Mouth International in 2001, we stayed on till Monday morning, and I remember that the city was pretty quite on Sunday night.
There were very few bars open late. Maybe someone with some local knowladge can help us here.
Mauler, you've lost it. Sunday of the Foot & Mouth International was All Ireland Football Final, Galway beat Meath, only 2 pubs in Embra showed it Finnegans & Mulligans, both were packed and had qeues outside them all day. Was the best days boozing I've ever gone on. And Espionage closed at 4 IIRC.
Like I said nothing going on in Embra on Sunday's!!!
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Mauler wrote:
harryp wrote:
Like I said nothing going on in Embra on Sunday's!!!
With the new 24hour drinking times, we shouldn't have a problem finding some late bar to pack into (like that place in Bath last January).
Espionage was where we ended up last May wasn't it?

Why are people flying back on Sunday when it's a bank holiday the next day????? Seems like a waste.

I know it's not a Bank Hol in the U.K. so Claire is excused!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

When I booked I never copped it was a Bank Hol :oops:

Now I'm in two minds about whether to change the flights, is everyone staying till Monday??
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

sarah_lennon wrote:When I booked I never copped it was a Bank Hol :oops:

Now I'm in two minds about whether to change the flights, is everyone staying till Monday??
I made that mistake last year in Glasgow :oops:

We are flying in on Saturday at 14.00 and home on Monday at 16.55 with Ryanair
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty