Champions Cup 2020

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Champions Cup 2020

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Oldschool wrote:
cormac wrote:Saracens v Munster. The kind of game where you'd like to see both teams lose.
You're letting your bias get in the way of good judgement.
If Munster managed to knock Saracens out of the competition that would be great for us (abd everyone else).
Even to force them into an away QF is desirable.
Maybe next season will be different.
However Munster aren't their yet.
Agreed. One silver lining if we don't make the quarters of the WC and the English do, munster will have more time to prep.... 1st round of HC games are just two weeks after the WC final. Whoever gets saracens in that weekend have a chance of taking them.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
cormac wrote:Saracens v Munster. The kind of game where you'd like to see both teams lose.
You're letting your bias get in the way of good judgement.
If Munster managed to knock Saracens out of the competition that would be great for us (abd everyone else).
Even to force them into an away QF is desirable.
Maybe next season will be different.
However Munster aren't their yet.
Agreed. One silver lining if we don't make the quarters of the WC and the English do, munster will have more time to prep.... 1st round of HC games are just two weeks after the WC final. Whoever gets saracens in that weekend have a chance of taking them.
Sorry, but there's no 'silver lining' if we don't make the Q/F from this Pool. Yes, everyone recognises that we will have 14/18 players in the National Squad for RWC 2019. But if Ireland make a S/F, our returnees will be buoyed-up when they return in November as one of the top four teams in the world. If we get knocked out earlier, they'll be back 3/4 weeks before the Heineken games in December and looking to prove a point (and to get selected ahead of those who have kept their places warm).

Either way, the hardest thing about this Pool is that we are over-whelming favourites to emerge from it.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

neill_m wrote:Not sure the IRFU would like 2 Irish provinces in the same pool if the rule was changed. What do they reckon a home QF is worth? €500,000?
In pure prize money, way less than that (you get €600k for winning the whole thing). A day out at the Avila must be worth a couple of million.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Your group is boring, wish ours was.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Lyon has the best nosh in the world. Treviso is beside Venice. Northampton is...... Easy to get to. Nothing boring in there...
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

johng wrote:Lyon has the best nosh in the world. Treviso is beside Venice. Northampton is...... Easy to get to. Nothing boring in there...
Treviso has prosecco... That is all... Prosecco.

Yiz can keep yer Venice... Shure don't we have canals here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

johng wrote:Lyon has the best nosh in the world. Treviso is beside Venice. Northampton is...... Easy to get to. Nothing boring in there...
Best nosh in the world is San Sebastien, but Lyon's transport systems work. Treviso has the best figs, some great Italian wine and great parmesan cheese. Northampton has great leather shoes. All three of them have big forwards and very good rugby Coaches.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

I'd go with JohnG on this. If you take Michelin star ratings as a measure; Lyon I believe has upwards of 20 Michelin starred restaraunts and recognised as the gastro capital of France. I love both Lyon and San Seb and it's pintxos bars and I guess it's personal preference when all is said and done. Lyon has alot more to offer than transport that works :-)
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Two of the best meals I have ever eaten were in the L’Espace Brasserie on the Place Bellcour.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Anyone know when they announce the fixtures - I'm sure I saw a date being mentioned but can't find it.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

The Doc wrote:Anyone know when they announce the fixtures - I'm sure I saw a date being mentioned but can't find it.
Early August I believe
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

The Doc wrote:Anyone know when they announce the fixtures - I'm sure I saw a date being mentioned but can't find it.
Was Aug 17 last year. Early Aug was what the organisers are saying for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Thanks both
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I'd say it'll be sometime during the week beginning 12th August. Probably the Friday of that week.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish