Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschool »

The Eurovision Song Contest.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschool wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: That's like Donald Trump deciding which refugees are entitled to US asylum.
Not quite The Donald is an American so he would understand the American equivalent of the mother and her child situation, perhaps even more so given the fact that many of their sons and daughters have given their lives to protect not only themselves but our good selves too.
Nucifora wouldn't have that kind of insider understanding although it is fair to say that the Aussies have pulled their weight in defending the "free world".
I'm sure most of us wouldn't be wishing him (Nucifora) well in this endeavour, so he has that much in common with Trump.
From another thread but the Donald does not give one sh!t about those that fought to represent the flag he so likes to hump (see his most recent exec order for the VA health insurance) and if he understood the parent child situation I don't think he would be separating them in pens, thus far to the tune of 2 dead minors.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

No American has died, no let's be honest, no American was harmed protecting my freedom.

So less of that our Oldschool. You do not speak for me.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote:No American has died, no let's be honest, no American was harmed protecting my freedom.

So less of that our Oldschool. You do not speak for me.
You are welcome to your opinion.
You are, in my experience, well able to speak for yourself.
Your antipathy has been expressed numerous times and no doubt will be again.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I remember a couple of posters giving out about Shane Ross after the Hockey team did so well last summer but I think he's outdone himself with his attempts to get into every photo with Katie Taylor today :lol:

The footage from behind when you can see him making sure that he's always just over her shoulder :lol:
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Jordan Henderson should be shopped to be hugging him while ugly crying. The cynicism.... It's kind of.... world class from Ross.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

The charming individual who broke into my garden shed last night
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Contrast the length, depth and content of the external FAI Governance Review with the internal Governance Review undertaken, and still uncompleted, by the IRFU. The latter is chaired by (Judge) Michael Coughlan, TCD representative and Leinster delegate and has now been in a Sub-Committee for almost 4 years. No findings. No initial outline of conclusions, no consultation with Provinces, no consultation with Clubs or different Sections of Irish rugby, such as Schools, Womens or Mini rugby. In contrast, the FAI External Review of the FAI was completed in less than 4 months from start to full publication.

The IRFU gets plaudits from the media about the manner of its governance and management. The reality is that it is controlled and operated by very few people, mostly executives, with little oversight or meaningful discussion.

For a moment, put aside performance of our professional teams - which is excellent and focus on how money is spent, how people are employed and sacked, and more recently how players are moved from Province to Province. There are many aspects of the IRFU Governance that warrant an external governance review just like the FAI.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

This is it, capitalism wants us dead: EPA restores broad use of pesticide opposed by beekeepers

http://flip.it/pvYfWg
Daniel Sullivan
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

McIlroy given another demonstration of why he just focus his career on 'long driving competitions'. Playing with Brooks Kepke, he has fallen 4 shots back by bad chipping and putting. Woeful watching!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Tom Humphries out of prison already, that really doesn't seem like justice to me.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Me and my total inability to take appropriately sized bites from sandwiches.
I'm like a f%~king bin truck compactor no matter how hard I try not to. This is a disability!!!
Daniel Sullivan
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Peg Leg wrote:Me and my total inability to take appropriately sized bites from sandwiches.
I'm like a f%~king bin truck compactor no matter how hard I try not to. This is a disability!!!
I kind of want to see you eat a sandwich now.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

domhnallj wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Me and my total inability to take appropriately sized bites from sandwiches.
I kind of want to see you eat a sandwich now.
You're not alone Domhnall, I have a website. First months subscription is free.
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Tom Humphries out of prison already, that really doesn't seem like justice to me.
FFS that's not a rant that's mild indignation.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

There are a number of simple solutions to that.
OCD can be treated but it's expensive.
You could cut your sandwich into four thereby limiting the size of the bite
A serious word of warning. If you don't already have a hiatus hernia then eating and swallowing too large mouthfuls is one way of getting one and/or making it worse.
Cease and desist
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Listening to the almost non-stop coverage of reaction to Boris Johnson's act of requiring the British monarch to proroge Parliament for the purported purpose of preparing & presenting the medium term policies of his new Government, is akin to watching one of the Netflix political fictional dramas.

Has Johnson, advised by his arch manipulator Cummins, under-estimated the British people and their recent aversion to public demonstration in favour of Premiership and shopping on Saturdays following by six days of mass participation on social media the rest of the week?

The initial reaction of 1 million plus signing an online petition to stop this procedure (in just over 4 hours) could indicate that enough citizens are sufficently outraged to protest this back into the box.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Listening to the almost non-stop coverage of reaction to Boris Johnson's act of requiring the British monarch to proroge Parliament for the purported purpose of preparing & presenting the medium term policies of his new Government, is akin to watching one of the Netflix political fictional dramas.

Has Johnson, advised by his arch manipulator Cummins, under-estimated the British people and their recent aversion to public demonstration in favour of Premiership and shopping on Saturdays following by six days of mass participation on social media the rest of the week?

The initial reaction of 1 million plus signing an online petition to stop this procedure (in just over 4 hours) could indicate that enough citizens are sufficently outraged to protest this back into the box.
Signing a petition is slackitivsm. People can pretend they are making a difference while making minimal effort.

The same groups of tryhards will sort out protests but they won't be much different than what went on before.
Anyone But New Zealand
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Fair point that peaceful protest is now ignored. Dangerous times indeed.
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!