Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Re: RWC 2019

Post by The Doc »

Xanthippe wrote:
The Doc wrote:
Pilotman123 wrote:Robbie Henshaw is OUT of the World Cup with a torn hamstring. I was always a bit worried about it because I overheard the Physio on the phone in Portugal saying he had a tight hamstring. Massive Loss. The Media don’t know about it yet
Just got a message saying the same. Could all be the same source of course

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Media all reported yesterday that he was a doubt for Scotland game but would he have trained today if he was injured?
I don't know. Message I got was (apparently) via connections with him directly... That he was out of the whole thing.

But who knows until a statement is made. Could be exaggerations but message was pretty definitive.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Oldschool wrote:One for the medics?
Adam Beard, Welsh SR, had his appendix removed a few day ago and expects to be fit to play again by the end of the month.
A. Is that even likely?
B. Surely his aerobic and match fitness will be impacted?
He's not travelling to Japan until next week apparently.
Carberry, Henshaw and Sexton all have hammer problems.
Are there medical/training related issues for this.
I remember Damien had serious hammer until he joined Chelsea and then it was problem solved.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Irish Rugby wrote: #TeamOfUs

News:
@henshawrob felt a tightness in his hamstring at training yesterday. He will be scanned today and monitored this week. No replacement player has been called up at this stage.

##RWC2019 #shouldertoshoulder
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Keep up the positive vibes Xan, it seemed to work!

The way the games fall and the fact that we already have three centres probably helps him, means we could leave it until the week of the Samoa game to make a call on it. I think I'd cut him if he can't play at that point, but he was so sharp against Wales on his first appearance that I wouldn't be shocked if Joe still trusted him to perform in a knockout game with no other games under his belt. BOD always says that he has a huge engine and doesn't need games to get up to speed.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

For a young man, Henshaw’s growing injury history is worrying. To be kept under wraps all summer for some injury, play very well in one game and then tweak a hammer (post a long distance flight) is more like what you’d expect for a 34 year old, not 26.

A lot of players with niggles in our starting backline 15 & subs (Johnny, Joey, Robbie, Earls)
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Keep up the positive vibes Xan, it seemed to work!

The way the games fall and the fact that we already have three centres probably helps him, means we could leave it until the week of the Samoa game to make a call on it. I think I'd cut him if he can't play at that point, but he was so sharp against Wales on his first appearance that I wouldn't be shocked if Joe still trusted him to perform in a knockout game with no other games under his belt. BOD always says that he has a huge engine and doesn't need games to get up to speed.
Good point, if Addison travels and doesnt play in the 1st 2 games anyway thrn he may as well be with Ulster.

The time to make the call would be after the Japan game because of the Ulster mini tour to SA.
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Oldschool wrote: I remember Damien had serious hammer until he joined Chelsea and then it was problem solved.
Remarkably his new sports car at the time and sitting position was considered one of the main causes
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ronk wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Keep up the positive vibes Xan, it seemed to work!

Good point, if Addison travels and doesnt play in the 1st 2 games anyway thrn he may as well be with Ulster.

The time to make the call would be after the Japan game because of the Ulster mini tour to SA.
If Ireland are in a position where Addison might be needed, I doubt he'll be going on any mini tour to SA or indeed anywhere near a rugby pitch until either Henshaw is given the all clear or Addison reaches Japan
I have Bumbleflex
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Now being reported that Kearney is a major doubt for sunday. Far from ideal considering how bad the weather is set to be
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Yeesh, that's a much bigger blow than Henshaw imo.

If it is to lash rain having RK there instead of Conway, Larmour or Carbery would be important.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

wixfjord wrote:Yeesh, that's a much bigger blow than Henshaw imo.

If it is to lash rain having RK there instead of Conway, Larmour or Carbery would be important.
I wonder if Joe is using baby oil on his balls - apparently Gatland is, to prepare for the damp weather!!!
Last edited by Xanthippe on September 16th, 2019, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Mattthehat

Post by Mattthehat »

Spare team ticket to all RWC group games - Cat D - PM for details
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

backrower8 wrote:For a young man, Henshaw’s growing injury history is worrying. To be kept under wraps all summer for some injury, play very well in one game and then tweak a hammer (post a long distance flight) is more like what you’d expect for a 34 year old, not 26.

A lot of players with niggles in our starting backline 15 & subs (Johnny, Joey, Robbie, Earls)
Robbie has played more times for Ireland than he has for Leinster. His injury record is concerning for sure!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Xanthippe wrote:

I wonder if Joe is using baby oil on his balls - apparently Gatland is to prepare for the damp weather!!!
Amazing how one post can be brilliant and appalling at the same time.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I have plucked out my eyes and am rinsing out my brain with acid...

I hate you.
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

Conway to FB, larmour to the wing, ringrose to 13 would be my preference(Assuming Earls isnt being risked)...
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:

I wonder if Joe is using baby oil on his balls - apparently Gatland is to prepare for the damp weather!!!
Amazing how one post can be brilliant and appalling at the same time.
https://www.the42.ie/letter-from-japan- ... 6-Sep2019/
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Interesting news coming out of the Wales camp. :shock:
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Howley sent home from RWC for allegedly contravening World Rugby's rules on betting on matches.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Never got the impression that Howley was particularly smart but that is amazingly stupid.