Pro14 R2: Leinster v Ospreys Fri Oct 4th 19:35 KO

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

alanair
Mullet

Re: Pro14 R2: Leinster v Ospreys Fri Oct 4th 19:35 KO

Post by alanair »

Biggest positive for me last night was Joe Tomane’s completely dominant performance at 12 ..it’s taken him a year, but looks fitter and hungrier than he ever was last year
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Certainly that performance showed why Leinster haven't bothered to buy in any new players. We don't need any!!! Verily, our cup floweth over with all the talent coming through our academy. And to see the swagger of youngsters like CO'B, Harry Byrne and Max Deegan is Leinstertainment at its finest!!!!
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

riocard911 wrote:Certainly that performance showed why Leinster haven't bothered to buy in any new players. We don't need any!!! Verily, our cup floweth over with all the talent coming through our academy. And to see the swagger of youngsters like CO'B, Harry Byrne and Max Deegan is Leinstertainment at its finest!!!!
And there’s only gonna be more and more players coming through that can even be better than the current players especially from the Michael’s team this year. A lot of players from that Leinster u19 team that played this year will be knocking on the door soon.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Pilotman123 wrote:
riocard911 wrote:Certainly that performance showed why Leinster haven't bothered to buy in any new players. We don't need any!!! Verily, our cup floweth over with all the talent coming through our academy. And to see the swagger of youngsters like CO'B, Harry Byrne and Max Deegan is Leinstertainment at its finest!!!!
And there’s only gonna be more and more players coming through that can even be better than the current players especially from the Michael’s team this year. A lot of players from that Leinster u19 team that played this year will be knocking on the door soon.
Highlights here minus a couple of tries: https://pro14.tv/video-player/?entry=0_ ... Order=desc

I would encourage everyone who has an interest in the future of Leinster Rugby to head to Donnybrook next weekend for the Celtic Cup Final. The future stars have won 7 from 7 with try bonus points in each match, The skill level and coaching is seriously exceptional.

Edinburgh in the RDS on Friday, Ireland v Samoa on Saturday morning and then Leinster A v Ulster A to top off a great weekend of rugby. Bring it on.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

D4surfer wrote:
Pilotman123 wrote:
Highlights here minus a couple of tries: https://pro14.tv/video-player/?entry=0_ ... Order=desc

I would encourage everyone who has an interest in the future of Leinster Rugby to head to Donnybrook next weekend for the Celtic Cup Final. The future stars have won 7 from 7 with try bonus points in each match, The skill level and coaching is seriously exceptional.

Edinburgh in the RDS on Friday, Ireland v Samoa on Saturday morning and then Leinster A v Ulster A to top off a great weekend of rugby. Bring it on.
The scary thing is some of our top prospects aren’t even playing in the Celtic Cup this year due to injury and some still being in school like Chris Cosgrave. Future looks very good for Leinster Rugby. What a time to be alive
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Peg Leg wrote: O's were terrible, not seen an out half so bad in a long time.
I agree, but you can only beat what's in front of you. That was a very cohesive performance from our lads, very ruthless.

Congratulations to Ronan Kelleher on taking his opportunities so well. I was hoping he would get a big push in selection at the start of this season, so it's good to see it happening and great to see him taking his chances. He's got a ton of athletic ability and a great work ethic, and it's rewarding to see a homegrown hooker come through the ranks and get an early shot.

I'm still a bit shocked to see Devin Toner lining out for us, rather than Ireland. It seems so odd to me that we can field a second row of Toner and Fardy at this stage of the season. I thought that Ross Molony looked good and explosive off the bench as well.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

We made the Ospreys look as poor as they were, not everyone does that. And we never let them get a foothold in the match.

We are blessed to have Toner. He's possibly a little off his top end fitness but he does so many other things well.

Leinster got off lightly this RWC. We lost a few selection calls and so have Byrne, Park and Toner. We have a few internationals who aren't far off either too but werent really in the mix like Treacy, Adam Byrne, ROL. Then we lost players to other provinces and had to replace them internally. Also, this was the first game we played Fardy, Park and Lowe. Makes a big difference to have so much acquired talent.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

hugonaut wrote:
I'm still a bit shocked to see Devin Toner lining out for us, rather than Ireland. It seems so odd to me that we can field a second row of Toner and Fardy at this stage of the season. I thought that Ross Molony looked good and explosive off the bench as well.
Thought Dev played well on Friday, showed nice hands at times and I feel like he'd have dropped those balls a few weeks back, but he was wrecked by about 65/70 minutes. Maybe he was minding himself with Jordi's injury in mind but he really was just walking around and seemed to be actively avoiding the ball.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Tomane was good for a second week in a row. In fairness it is the very least we should expect of a marquee signing and I hope his form holds up against strong opposition.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

backrower8 wrote:Tomane was good for a second week in a row. In fairness it is the very least we should expect of a marquee signing and I hope his form holds up against strong opposition.
He's about playing to par the last two games.