Signings

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Signings

Post by riocard911 »

curates_egg wrote:
bluemagic wrote:When I heard 11 it was in the context of De Allende and Snyman joining. Hadn’t realised More left. So it’s 7 then next year. Still not great.

You’d expect more than half of munsters squad in big games next year to be non-Munster players
If those signings go through, they will probably still have a stable amount of non-Munster players in the squad: Matthewson will be gone, and you can't imagine they will be allowed to keep all of Carbery, Blyendaal, Farrell, Arnold?
It's clearly the model they're going for. I can't understand how the IRFU thinks it's a good thing...or why the fans do. I certainly wouldn't want us going down that path.

If we lose Cronin, I'd like us to sign another hooker. Apart from that, I really don't think we need anyone, beyond maybe bringing Jordi back if Fardy leaves.
Many of the Munster fans are unhappy about their young home-grown players' progress being blocked, from what I can tell from FB and Twitter.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

curates_egg wrote:
bluemagic wrote:11 SA at Munster now.
I heard that number bandied about yesterday but it is not true.
They have 16 imports (non-Munster developed players) in the senior squad, which will drop to 15 if Matthewson leaves (and I can't see the IRFU paying for him to stay after him slagging off Sexton).
8 are overseas imports of which 4 are from South Africa, based on my maths.
The only way you get the figure 11 is by subtracting the SAFA imports from the total number after Matthewson leaves.

Now, there are other SAFAs in the Munster system (not in the academy) I think, but I don't know where you get to the figure eleven.
When did he slag Sexton off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

curates_egg wrote:
They have 16 imports (non-Munster developed players) in the senior squad, which will drop to 15 if Matthewson leaves (and I can't see the IRFU paying for him to stay after him slagging off Sexton).
The only way you get the figure 11 is by subtracting the SAFA imports from the total number after Matthewson leaves.

Now, there are other SAFAs in the Munster system (not in the academy) I think, but I don't know where you get to the figure eleven.
It's 19 by my count, 20 if you include Knox
4 English, 5 South African, 3 NZ, 1 Aus, 1 Ulster and 6 Leinster.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

blockhead wrote:
curates_egg wrote:

Arnold and Farrell both Ulster so that should be 2.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

joooooe wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Arnold and Farrell both Ulster so that should be 2.
Sam Arnold was born in Redhill, Surrey to a Mammy from Wexford.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Twist wrote:
curates_egg wrote:

When did he slag Sexton off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s the article, he’s not just having a go at Sexton as the headline implies. He’s done well for them in fairness but they do have a lot of good young lads behind him. I just wish they had of signed him initially on a two year and we might of held on to Nick

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rugb ... -zrswsf8wr
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Marty looked poor tonight for Leinster B, better hope the IRFU didn’t see the “obvious” solution to that last night.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Jonny tight lips wrote:Marty looked poor tonight for Leinster B, better hope the IRFU didn’t see the “obvious” solution to that last night.
You don't be givin' them ideas!!!