Saints away 7th December

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Saints away 7th December

Post by blockhead »

Monster performance. 7 tries (our average in the Pro14 this season is under 5)
Doris, now I see what all the fuss is about. Excellent all game.
They got through our defence too easy in the 1st half, we were better in the 2nd.
We could not get out of our half for about 30mins in that 2nd period but when we did...2 tries, very impressive indeed.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

The move for the Healy try just after HT is well worth a re-watch.

Ruddock takes in lineout and we maul for a few yards.

Henshaw takes and drops out the back to Sexton who comes across field (tackle caused the injury) and creates the break for Larmour who gets outside Nayarovoro.

Then Robbie comes on a lovely hard flat line to get us within 5.

Eventually after three advantages and some nice carries from Kelleher/Doris, Healy does his thing.

Big power play.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Have to say, without the ball, Nayarovoro is a liability. He could not be arsed defending.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Logorrhea wrote:Have to say, without the ball, Nayarovoro is a liability. He could not be arsed defending.
And that's not even including how he was with the ball today
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

blockhead wrote:Monster performance. 7 tries (our average in the Pro14 this season is under 5)
I read ‘Munster performance’, and thought wtf?
Have Munster ever scored 7 tries away from home in this competition? Certainly not to a table-topping counterpart.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Dave Cahill wrote:I just hope we've done enough to win some respect from the English teams, considering our skills deficit and all
Where's that after popping up from?
St.Kenneth
Learner

Post by St.Kenneth »

Dave Cahill wrote:I just hope we've done enough to win some respect from the English teams, considering our skills deficit and all
Please tell me you are joking? Your side have nothing but respect from any Saints supporter I’ve ever heard. If anything, I hoped my home TOWN team did enough to earn the respect of supporters used to watching your incredibly strong side regularly. I emphasised TOWN as I believe we are the only town side in the competition, the only town team to have won the trophy and the only town team to win the Premiership.

For all those that made the journey I hope my fellow supporters welcomed you in the way that rugby supporters do.

I’ve not had the pleasure of watching the match as I was working on the Manchester derby so will no doubt watch it sometime soon!! Perhaps, like the 2011 final, I may just watch it up to half time!! Lol.
COME ON YOU SAINTS..!!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

St.Kenneth wrote:
Please tell me you are joking? Your side have nothing but respect from any Saints supporter I’ve ever heard. If anything, I hoped my home TOWN team did enough to earn the respect of supporters used to watching your incredibly strong side regularly. I emphasised TOWN as I believe we are the only town side in the competition, the only town team to have won the trophy and the only town team to win the Premiership.

For all those that made the journey I hope my fellow supporters welcomed you in the way that rugby supporters do.

I’ve not had the pleasure of watching the match as I was working on the Manchester derby so will no doubt watch it sometime soon!! Perhaps, like the 2011 final, I may just watch it up to half time!! Lol.
Hi Kenneth, Dave Cahills post is about what our own ex players and countrymen are saying about the rumoured B&I league, not what we actually believe Saints fans to think.
Anyone But New Zealand
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

St.Kenneth wrote:

Indeed I am joking, I'm referencing comments BOD made about the B&I League (check out the "Whiff of Cordite" thread from earlier today) and the recent 'Review' into our RWC by the Union's "Performance Director"
I have Bumbleflex
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

St.Kenneth wrote:

St Ken - you guys are a great club, one that I have nothing but admiration for. You are on the right track - be like us, focus on the academy, bring the young talent through and this will sustain you over time. Make no mistake, I for one will not be taking anything for granted next weekend. Saints broke through our lines enough times in the 1st half to be of concern in the wide spaces of Lansdowne Rd. You also had enough possession in the second half to worry any team. I'm sure the silly mistakes in possession must have been frustrating. You have every right to be proud of the Club you have a piece of.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

wixfjord wrote:BTW Doris ability to pick and go from behind a ruck is some skill. No idea how he does it, but constantly gets a half break at least.
It's his party trick. He's always looking to set it up so he never misses it when it's on.

Good defences will be alive and never leave the door open
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

TerenureJim wrote:
Where's that after popping up from?

I mentioned it on another thread. BOD on OTB talking about a new league for Ireland & Britain; “We won’t get full respect from the English clubs until we have consistency of physicality in our [league] games”
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

St.Kenneth wrote:Hi Leoslovechild and everyone else making their first trip to FG, I hope you’ll enjoy your first taste of the gardens.

Look, I’ll be honest with you, Northampton is just a normal working class town, it isn’t going to be high on the list of anyone particularly wanting to sightsee, however it is a rugby town. Rugby is the main sport. There are a whole host of small rugby clubs within the town and as true rugby fans I’m sure you’ll be warmly received by the locals.

No doubt most will make it to the ground via the town centre, along the Weedon Road. There are a whole heap of watering holes along the way, so if you pass the Malt Shovel, Wig & Pen, Foundryman or Sevens (now owned by an ex Saint) then these are certainly worth popping in to.

Coming up from the town, you’ll pass St James’ Church which is where the Saints started back in 1880, with the good Reverend starting up a rugby side, hence the names Saints or sometimes Jimmies. Should you enter the vicinity from the main road at the north of the stadium, it’s probably worth walking down through the small car park that is to the side of the Carlsberg Stand (East stand) to get to the village area that is situated down the South end, entering the stadium there, as the village has the predominance of food outlets, beer tent etc etc and is where the majority of supporters access the ground from the main car parks. The Carlsberg stand houses the biggest bar in the ground, The Rodber Bar, which is accessed pitch side.

If your seat is in the Carlsberg, or you are standing on the terraces at the front of that stand, then bring a cap or some sun glasses (if it’s going to be sunny) as the sun sets right in your face!!

I love watching my rugby at FG, not just because my name is among the list of shareholders on the outside wall of the Carlsberg stand and not just because it’s my side, but because the stands are on top of the pitch, close to the action, and it generates a decent atmosphere, unless you are slaughtering us!! Weather conditions look set for decent running rugby and from what I’ve heard, there are only the odd individual seats left, so it should be pretty full and raucous.

If you travel with the aim of having a good rugby weekend, where you’ll be warmly welcomed, wanting to watch hopefully a hum dinger of a match, then you’ll all have a fabulous weekend.
Couldn’t go on this trip myself but no need to talk your home place down! Visiting big cities has obvious charms but personally I love going to places that are a bit more ordinary. I’m from one such place myself! I love going to big games in small-ish towns. It feels like more of an event.

Will you get over to Dublin yourself next week?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Anyone notice how Sexton interacted with the Referee yesterday? He managed him very well and the communication was great
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:Anyone notice how Sexton interacted with the Referee yesterday? He managed him very well and the communication was great
I did and was suitably impressed. Fair play to Johnny; he's been fantastic for us since he got back from Japan!!!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

The anger management courses are paying off !!!! A model of composure even after a couple of totally wrong calls in the first half by the ref....the Doris one which led directly to 3pts and should have been a penalty to us instead and the J10 'strip and knock on' which wasn't.....
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Dave Cahill wrote:Anyone notice how Sexton interacted with the Referee yesterday? He managed him very well and the communication was great
In stark contrast to "Mr. Biggar" who seemed to mightily p1$$ off the ref.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Blueberry wrote:The anger management courses are paying off !!!! A model of composure even after a couple of totally wrong calls in the first half by the ref....the Doris one which led directly to 3pts and should have been a penalty to us instead and the J10 'strip and knock on' which wasn't.....
any update on Johnnys injury scan?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Anybody know if there's a recording of the game anywhere or if Channel 4/Virgin/BT will have a re showing during the week?

Cheers
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

wixfjord wrote:Big Dev has been very physical today! Looks pissed!
He got in front of an overthrown long lineout and stole the ball, what a legend!