Celtic Cup 19/20

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Celtic Cup 19/20

Post by Peg Leg »

Morf wrote:
Twist wrote:I wonder, how would a second row pairing of two Matfields or two Bothas have got on?
A pairing of two Bakkies is basically a French 2nd row in the sin bin.
Fixed
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Not Celtic Cup but we're playing Munster in Donnybrook tomorrow.

Munster A: Alan Tynan; Liam Coombes, Alex McHenry, Jack Delaney, Alex Wootton; Ben Healy, Neil Cronin; Josh Wycherley, Diarmuid Barron (C), Keynan Knox; Darren O’Shea, Seán O’Connor; Gavin Coombes, Conor Oliver, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Eoghan Clarke, James French, Corrie Barrett, Thomas Ahern, Cian Hurley, John Hodnett, Craig Casey, Harry O’Riordan.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Not Celtic Cup but we're playing Munster in Donnybrook tomorrow.

Munster A: Alan Tynan; Liam Coombes, Alex McHenry, Jack Delaney, Alex Wootton; Ben Healy, Neil Cronin; Josh Wycherley, Diarmuid Barron (C), Keynan Knox; Darren O’Shea, Seán O’Connor; Gavin Coombes, Conor Oliver, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Eoghan Clarke, James French, Corrie Barrett, Thomas Ahern, Cian Hurley, John Hodnett, Craig Casey, Harry O’Riordan.
I thought December 8th was bogger day? Munster Rugby up doing a bit of Christmas shopping for themselves!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Not Celtic Cup but we're playing Munster in Donnybrook tomorrow.

Neil Cronin starting ahead of Craig Casey? Classic Munster.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Xanthippe wrote:

I thought December 8th was bogger day? Munster Rugby up doing a bit of Christmas shopping for themselves!
Red alert! Aging farmers negotiating roundabouts for the first time.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

cormac wrote:

Neil Cronin starting ahead of Craig Casey? Classic Munster.
Hahaha!

They tried to sign a medical joker as the prospect of actually playing a talented young player in a senior (ish) match was too scary.

"Take each game on it's own merits; you're only minding the jersey that has been worn by countless lijinds;..."
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Are Leinster going to name a team or will they just send out 15 players in masks with no numbers on their back to confuse the Munster scouts?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Nonsense! They'll have already sent their letter to Santa(Nucifora) weeks ago.
They've been very good this year.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Leinster ‘A’ (senior caps in brackets)

15. Michael Silvester
14. Josh O’Connor(u19)
13. Gavin Mullin (2)
12. Tommy O’Brien
11. Andrew Smith(u20)
10. Tim Corkery(u19)
9. Cormac Foley
1. Michael Milne (5)
2. Dan Sheehan
3. Jack Aungier (2)
4. Brian Deeny(u20)
5. Óisín Dowling (5)
6. Mark Hernan(u20)
7. Scott Penny (9) CAPTAIN
8. Ronan Watters

16. John McKee(u20)
17. Charlie Ward(u20)
18. Roman Salanoa
19. Cian Prendergast(u20)
20. Alex Soroka(u19)
21. Paddy Patterson (3)
22. David Fitzgibbon(u20)
23. Luis Faria(u20)
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Now that's how ye put out a development side. Not tempted to put out any first teamers (except Scott Penny and sure he's only a baby) :happy clapper:
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

You would hope the two centers get some pro14 exposure this year.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Good to see Penny as captain - I don't know much about his character but on the pitch he never struck me as a leader. Yet another string to his bow in development.

Seems Leo is keeping a close eye on the senior and academy squads minutes this block. I expected to see some names here but must be keeping them back for the interpros.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Jonny tight lips wrote:You would hope the two centers get some pro14 exposure this year.
Really keen to see what Mullin and TOB can offer in the Pro14. Both head and shoulders above AIL and A level rugby from what I've seen of them.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Good to see Penny as captain - I don't know much about his character but on the pitch he never struck me as a leader. Yet another string to his bow in development.

Seems Leo is keeping a close eye on the senior and academy squads minutes this block. I expected to see some names here but must be keeping them back for the interpros.
Wouldn't ignore the effect this selection will also have on Leinster team AIL selections. UCD & L'downe playing UCC & G'owen this weekend. Neither look like they will lose too many players to Leinster A
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Finished 33-39
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

cormac wrote:Finished 33-39
That sounds like a decent result for what looked like our 4th team.