Leinster v Saints Sat 5.15 Aviva

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Saints Sat 5.15 Aviva

Post by Keith »

blockhead wrote:Great win, 50pts on the leaders of the very respected English Premiership. But they're probably exhausted from the 5 league games they have already been forced to play. Larmour was having fun out there, I counted 6 defenders beaten in one little run late in the game.
Yup just had a quick look on their forum and apparently all their players are knackered already and our players have only played half the amount of games as theirs. One guy is calling for all English clubs to be pulled from Europe except for Sarries :lol:
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Leinster v Saints Sat 5.15 Aviva

Post by Twist »

Went for a look myself.

Its all the referee’s fault, apparently. Also some fairly dodgy comments about potatoes and leprechauns

BOD’s delusional if he thinks people like that will ever respect us. But Id rather have 10 points than their respect anyway
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

blockhead wrote:Great win, 50pts on the leaders of the very respected English Premiership. But they're probably exhausted from the 5 league games they have already been forced to play. Larmour was having fun out there, I counted 6 defenders beaten in one little run late in the game.
7 actually. It was ridiculous. Gloriously ridiculous. 12 defenders beaten in all.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Twist wrote:But Id rather have 10 points than their respect anyway
:clap:
100% agree with this.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

93 points & 14 tries is a brilliant return from the back to back games. I was disappointed with 2 of their tries but I realise Im being churlish there. They’ve been scoring for fun against everyone else they’ve played this year, so a +56 points difference is outstanding
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Premiership ..... me b*%&!x
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Twist wrote:93 points & 14 tries is a brilliant return from the back to back games. I was disappointed with 2 of their tries but I realise Im being churlish there. They’ve been scoring for fun against everyone else they’ve played this year, so a +56 points difference is outstanding
They showed thst they could take their chances. Again this week they suffered when moves broke down against good defence. They dropped a little with the bad luck for Ringrose's 1st.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Jonny tight lips wrote:Premiership ..... me b*%&!x
100% correct. The only reason the money men want a BIL is to get us in it 'cos we're miles better than all the English teams other than Saracens and Exeter and play the most attractive brand on these islands. **** them - let's stick with our own league the Pro 14. Let the English clubs try and beat on the European stage and nothing more.
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

riocard911 wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:Premiership ..... me b*%&!x
100% correct. The only reason the money men want a BIL is to get us in it 'cos we're miles better than all the English teams other than Saracens and Exeter and play the most attractive brand on these islands. **** them - let's stick with our own league the Pro 14. Let the English clubs try and beat on the European stage and nothing more.
I agree with the sentiment but the practicalities are that the quality of the Welsh sides seems to have fallen off a cliff. Remember back the the Ospreys team of 2010 and 2012 that caused us so much difficulty and look at them now. Similarly remember back to the Scarlets team that beat us and Munster in knock-out games to win the Pro 14 and take a look at them now. Surely it will be difficult to maintain the fans interest in the league if the opposition teams are the likes of the four Welsh sides plus zebre and southern kings. We could tolerate a few weak teams in the league such as zebre and southern kings but we can't tolerate the Welsh sides joining them.
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

Keith wrote:
Yup just had a quick look on their forum and apparently all their players are knackered already and our players have only played half the amount of games as theirs. One guy is calling for all English clubs to be pulled from Europe except for Sarries :lol:
I agree that the English fans in general seem to find it hard to simply give credit to Leinster for being a well drilled, talented and committed side. They seem to want to find reasons why Leinster have an unfair advantage over their own teams. Some find the whole experience of being beaten by an Irish side so uncomfortable that they suggest that they should not prioritize the competition at all.
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

This performance was really good. Furlong and Ringrose looked back to their best. Ross byrne played a great game when he was on. We're getting close to reaching those heights again!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Excellent game again, night and day difference between these two sides. The game was over as a contest at 17-0 and the scoreline flattered Northhampton, we could easily have scored 3-4 more tries if a couple more offloads stuck. Larmour was just off the charts, Ringrose is BOD reincarnated ++ and getting better and the levels of work rate across the team are so impressive. Doris looks like he has been playing HC for 5 years, VDF again everywhere, Ruddock is the best 6 in Ireland by a distance and Furlong looking like is back to his pomp. Sexton out and Ross Byrne was totally comfortable and a lovely cameo from Frawley. Lowe dangerous always and Average Dave was very good.

Enjoy it all we are spoilt with an exceptional team who look superbly coached.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

That was thoroughly enjoyable.

We never really looked troubled from minute one and some of the attacking play was brilliant.

Another really good attacking performance from Ross Byrne which is great to see. He attacked the line really well. Hope the knock isn't bad.
(On another note, he really really needs to work on his calves and lower legs. Constantly limping running back from kicks and doing calf stretches! What's up with that?!)

Our pack, front 5 in particular was just too good for theirs which meant huge amounts of space for the backline.

Tracy continued his really good form and should be in pole position for #2 spot now.

Thought Ringer, DK and Lowe were brilliant but Larmour was another level. He won't get that space at a higher level but even in the tighter stuff (catching, positional play etc) he did really well. Looks like RK could be struggling for a spot.

Doris was brilliant again. Has cemented that 8 spot now. Again his ability to pick and go from the base is just immense. Scored a try from it this week after creating one from it last week.

The way he takes the ball flat and the lines he takes remind me of James Ryan at times.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Any idea why there was so much booing for the second Northampton try or why Biggar was booed when being replaced?
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

nc6000 wrote:Any idea why there was so much booing for the second Northampton try or why Biggar was booed when being replaced?
They took out McGrath who was coming across with a blocker for the try which looked clear and obvious and Biggar was in the refs ear all match fighting his sides cause (like any good 10 eg Sexton, Farrell etc) so he was pissing us off :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

No but it's really p1ssing me off. Proper panto crowd. We are going the way of Glasgow Ulster and the Welsh.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

OTT wrote:
nc6000 wrote:Any idea why there was so much booing for the second Northampton try or why Biggar was booed when being replaced?
They took out McGrath who was coming across with a blocker for the try which looked clear and obvious and Biggar was in the refs ear all match fighting his sides cause (like any good 10 eg Sexton, Farrell etc) so he was pissing us off :lol:

I really like Biggar. He's an absolute d!%khead on the pitch and has great energy.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

johng wrote:No but it's really p1ssing me off. Proper panto crowd. We are going the way of Glasgow Ulster and the Welsh.
Curmudgeon
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote:No but it's really p1ssing me off. Proper panto crowd. We are going the way of Glasgow Ulster and the Welsh.
It is the Panto Season after all. :lol:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

wixfjord wrote:
OTT wrote:

I really like Biggar. He's an absolute d!%khead on the pitch and has great energy.
Yup he is a competitor, He has been let down by a few of his teammates in the efforts stakes once things were not going their way over the last two matches.

I saw a lovely photo of Biggar with posing with Leinster fans after the match last week so he knows where to leave it as well.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English