Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Post by ronk »

You might expect that from HC newbies but Munster are HC royalty.

Gotta play smart. They need a result in Paris.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

ronk wrote:You might expect that from HC newbies but Munster are HC royalty.

Gotta play smart. They need a result in Paris.
Really? Pushin it there Ronk.
New Rule: Must have 4 titles to be considered Regal.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

They're not the force they once were but they have a long history of getting out of their group most years.

Saracens and Toulon don't have that heritage even if they have titles. And they have enough experience that they shouldnt be making mistakes like that.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

ronk wrote:They're not the force they once were but they have a long history of getting out of their group most years.
That makes them bridesmaids, not royalty.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I suppose Saracens turned down a kickable penalty with 30 seconds left and no hope of a bonus point.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Apart from what you might call cameos from Tyler, Joey and Johnny Holland, so few in number, have they been, we haven't had a quality 10 since ROG. So the guts of 10 years. If we had we'd possibly have won the HC a couple of more times. People forget how close we came in semis in France 5 or 6 years ago. The missed dg against Racing, the missed penalty today are typical of what's been happening year in year out for us. I don't know why the relatively easy kick to secure a losing bonus point was spurned today but if it was because JJ didn't fancy it or because he wasn't fancied for it then he needs to go. We persisted far too long with IK, hoping he'd develop and it never really happened. If JJ isn't good enough by now then he never will be.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

He's 3rd choice outhalf, the 2 ahead of him are injured.

That kick was in his range, it was just the wrong call.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

EPCR has decided to investigate incidents which occurred during the second half of the Heineken Champions Cup, Round 4 match between Saracens and Munster Rugby at Allianz Park yesterday (Saturday, 14 December).
Information will now be sought from the match officials and from both clubs, and EPCR will be making no further comment until the investigation has been completed.
Fat-C*nt Gate.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:
EPCR has decided to investigate incidents which occurred during the second half of the Heineken Champions Cup, Round 4 match between Saracens and Munster Rugby at Allianz Park yesterday (Saturday, 14 December).
Information will now be sought from the match officials and from both clubs, and EPCR will be making no further comment until the investigation has been completed.
Fat-C*nt Gate.
Nothing like a bit of righteous indignation.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:
Fat-C*nt Gate.
Your honour could I suggest that the fa. eh f^ckin c*"t get his hearing rested.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

tomthefan wrote:Apart from what you might call cameos from Tyler, Joey and Johnny Holland, so few in number, have they been, we haven't had a quality 10 since ROG. So the guts of 10 years. If we had we'd possibly have won the HC a couple of more times. People forget how close we came in semis in France 5 or 6 years ago. The missed dg against Racing, the missed penalty today are typical of what's been happening year in year out for us. I don't know why the relatively easy kick to secure a losing bonus point was spurned today but if it was because JJ didn't fancy it or because he wasn't fancied for it then he needs to go. We persisted far too long with IK, hoping he'd develop and it never really happened. If JJ isn't good enough by now then he never will be.
Actually you have.

But he's currently starting 10 in Europe for Connacht.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

blockhead wrote:Crazy, crazy call not to take pen and secure a lbp with time left still to go again. Could be a low pts total gets a qf spot this season. Beirne's injury looks really bad.
If Munster had taken that pen and scored and the game had finished 15-9, Munster would be leading on the Head-to-Head (scored 19pts to Sarries 18pts (Match points)). Could be a very costly error.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Oldschool wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Fat-C*nt Gate.
Your honour could I suggest that the fa. eh f^ckin c*"t get his hearing rested.
Given that the remark came after George kicked the ball into a munster player on the floor, he definitely deserved it.
Anyone But New Zealand
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Of course as we know calling English hookers fat c**ts is part of Munster's traditional values.

Isn't that right Jerry?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

wixfjord wrote:Of course as we know calling English hookers fat c**ts is part of Munster's traditional values.

Isn't that right Jerry?
Well the English lads were always calling him "Pikey" so, he had to have some comeback.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

BOD selling the last bit of his soul to BT by calling for the medic to be punished.
Anyone But New Zealand
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

FLIP wrote:BOD selling the last bit of his soul to BT by calling for the medic to be punished.
BOD said
“When it happens from management, particularly from medics, a very important position of power, to abuse a player and to use some pretty unsavoury phraseology; we certainly don’t want that in our game, and I’m not shocked to hear that the EPCR have decided to investigate that a little bit more.”
Sounds fair enough tbh.
Let them investigate, will come to nought I'd imagine.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

FLIP wrote:BOD selling the last bit of his soul to BT by calling for the medic to be punished.
BOD should have his own podcast to help pay for his new house. He could call it The Rugby BOD.
BOD BOD BOD BOD Rugby BOD.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

tomthefan wrote:
BOD should have his own podcast to help pay for his new house. He could call it The Rugby BOD.
BOD BOD BOD BOD Rugby BOD.
It could pay for the gardening in the new pad at least: helluva bush.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

blockhead wrote:
BOD said
“When it happens from management, particularly from medics, a very important position of power, to abuse a player and to use some pretty unsavoury phraseology; we certainly don’t want that in our game, and I’m not shocked to hear that the EPCR have decided to investigate that a little bit more.”
Sounds fair enough tbh.
Let them investigate, will come to nought I'd imagine.
All teams have a huge squad of players, coaches, trainers, medics, physios, fans and backroom staff. The primary goal of all of these people to ensure that the team wins, with one exception: the medics. The primary goal of these people is to ensure player safety and welfare. They are the ones who may have to decide that the captain has failed a HIA in a tight game and cannot return. They are not coaches, players or fans.

You could argue that, particularly with players, sledging and "verbals" are part of their role to ensure that they are trying to achieve the primary goal (winning). Hence, lippy scrumhalves, hookers giving stick when scrummaging and fans shouting to disrupt a lineout call.

That is how the medic misbehaved and why an investigation may be justified.