Leinster v Connacht Sat 5.30

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Connacht Sat 5.30

Post by wixfjord »

Adamson just ignoring foul play on Rhys there.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Dave Cahill wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Ffs, I was planning for HDD where I save the tries to last me the season before I got a new one - at this rate I'll be lucky to get through the HECC group stage
Classic first world problem...

Combo first world/nerd problem at that!
The lads have obviously learned of your difficulty and have slowed the try rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Frawley there smiling and back clapping after the match. Hopefully he just had a “knock” and can be in the shake up for next week. Played very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Deegan’s stats, per Cian Treacy

2 tries scored
3 try assists
21 carries
76 metres made
4 defenders beaten
3 clean breaks
29 tackles
0 missed
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Twist wrote:Deegan’s stats, per Cian Treacy

2 tries scored
3 try assists
21 carries
76 metres made
4 defenders beaten
3 clean breaks
29 tackles
0 missed
f%~kin hell! 29 tackles is the one that stands out there!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

2 tries scored
3 try assists
21 carries
76 metres made
4 defenders beaten
3 clean breaks
29 tackles
0 missed
The right reaponse to havong Doris picked ahead of him. Well done.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Baird was impressive when he came on.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

2 tries scored
3 try assists
21 carries
76 metres made
4 defenders beaten
3 clean breaks
29 tackles
0 missed
I had 20 quid on him for MOTM. I feel utterly robbed by Jerry.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Twist wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Ffs, I was planning for HDD where I save the tries to last me the season before I got a new one - at this rate I'll be lucky to get through the HECC group stage
HDD?
Hard Disk Drive
I have Bumbleflex
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Twist wrote:
HDD?
Hard Disk Drive
W W W
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I really enjoyed Deegan's performance because he was showing off everything he could do but also doing the dirty work, but didn't realise he did THAT much dirty work. Outstanding performance, we really need to work out how to play himself and Doris together.

Connacht were pathetic in the first half, right up there with one of the worst defensive efforts I've seen at the RDS. Some of our players set the tempo brilliantly though and just kept looking to carry again and again and keep them on the back foot, especially, Dooley, Ryan, Deegan, and Ferg. Frawley a huge threat as well. Similar to Harry Byrne he just finds a way to be a threat every time he has the ball. Thought himself and Luke were a bit ropey at the start of the second half but apart from that they were both excellent.

I really think there's been a conscious decision to play Ringrose as more of a playmaker this season and it's helping to get the best out of him and those outside him. Tomane excellent again too. Super catch on his hip, took his try well, and put in some big hits in defence. We definitely don't need him next season though now that Deegan can play 12, his pass for Frawley was top class.

Salanoa looked really powerful again and had some good clearouts. If you run towards him then you're getting smashed. He still hasn't touched the ball for us :lol:

One slight negative for me was that I don't think Furlong looks fit and I wonder if that's why he stayed on until after the hour mark. He did some good things and I'm not saying he played badly, but he fell off a couple of tackles and was on his heels and slightly behind the play in defence at times.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

ronk wrote:[
He looked to tweak his knee or hamstring chasing for a tackle. Pretty much walked off the pitch immediately so he knew something wasn’t right. Hoping it’s a precaution.
No he got injured in the build up to Frawley's try and was getting treatment as that was being checked. He played on for a couple of minutes and then went off.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Twist wrote:Ffs, I was planning for HDD where I save the tries to last me the season before I got a new one - at this rate I'll be lucky to get through the HECC group stage

HDD?
Hard Disk Drive
W W W
Ah yes, The Cloud being an upgrade from The Selectron Tube....
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
ronk wrote:[
He looked to tweak his knee or hamstring chasing for a tackle. Pretty much walked off the pitch immediately so he knew something wasn’t right. Hoping it’s a precaution.
No he got injured in the build up to Frawley's try and was getting treatment as that was being checked. He played on for a couple of minutes and then went off.
Cheers
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

2 tries scored
3 try assists
21 carries
76 metres made
4 defenders beaten
3 clean breaks
29 tackles
0 missed
That's a card you want to pull in Leinster Top Trumps.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

That's a lot of tackles.

5 players over 20 tackles, 2 subs. Tells you a lot about how Connacht kept the score down. Salanoa 9 tackles in hos 16 minutes.

https://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/playerstat ... gue=270557
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

That flirst half was an almost continuous loop of pass, pass, tackle, clearout, pass, pass, tackle, clearout, pass, pass, line-break, offload, pass,.....repeat until try.

Every element executed at top pace and McGrath at the back of every breakdown and moving the ball off the ground immediately on every occasion. By far his best ever passing for Leinster throughout an entire 40 mins. Playing like that makes our team lethal to every opponent and entertaining for every supporter.

Well done to all.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Deegan, Ruddock, Frawley, Tomane for me all had super games. Dooley put in a big shift too and Baird looks at home....

We are continuing to hum along nicely, a truly coherent unit playing consistently excellent rugby. Connacht were pretty poor mind you, first half anyway.

We will continue to breeze through many games ahead this season but will at somepoint have 2-3 big games, perhaps a Clermont, Racing, Saracens ,Exeter etc and that will really define where we are atm.

With this type of platform we really should be in a strong position for the double again and this season I am not even going to attach the usual 'assuming we don't have some key injuries' disclaimer as there is so much depth in most positions. For me Ringrose, Larmour and Lowe are key backs to keep fit for the really big games and in the pack Healy, Toner, Ryan and Ruddock are ones you would like to have around but we have plenty of cover.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

If you need an illustration of the difference between Leinster and Connacht then the physiques of Niall Murray and Ryan Baird tell a story. Murray is less than 3 months younger than Baird yet he looked at least 15kgs lighter. Baird looks like a player ready for the pro game. Murray wouldn't look out of place in a Leinster Schools' Senior Cup match. It's to Murray's credit that he kept going for 80 minutes, making tackles, hitting rucks and taking up static ball.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Let's not be overconfident. Connacht were struggling to field a team with injuries and have been having a run of bad form. They were rabble.

We are good at cutting teams open when they roll over like that. Means nothing at the business end of the season.