Leinster v Lyon, 12th Jan 13:00

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

desperado
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Lyon, 12th Jan 13:00

Post by desperado »

hugonaut wrote:That was a frustrating game to watch – Lyon were cynical in defence and we were impatient in attack, so we struggled to score the points that our share of possession suggested.

Our mindset seemed to slip a little after we made two early chances and I have the feeling that the players began to think it was going to be an easier fixture than it turned out to be. I empathise with them. There's been a lot of praise and hype in the media for Leinster, and Lyon had been completely written off - when they looked iffy in the first minute it was very tempting to think that they'd do a Bourgoin and roll over entirely. To their credit, they didn't. And to our credit, we won very handily and got our bonus point. If we took the obvious lesson from it – keep your attacking focus – then I'd say we did alright to take the lesson and a 42-14 win out of it.

Their maul was very strong again, as it had been in the away fixture. Defending it is something that we continually have to work on, because we don't have a lot of big bodies in our pack compared to the likes of Racing, Clermont and Saracens.
I'd agree. I think it's one major weakness this season in our game (maul defence); and I'm not sure if it's all down to body size. When it comes to the business end (Qtr, Semi, Final) it could be crucial as games get tighter.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Thought we played poorly to be honest. That said scoring 6 tries when playing badly is a pretty good trick if you ask me. Would think that the review will be difficult viewing for some.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

offshorerules wrote:Thought we played poorly to be honest. That said scoring 6 10 tries when playing badly is a pretty good trick if you ask me. Would think that the review will be difficult viewing for some.
Fixed that for you :twisted:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever