Dan Leavy

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Dan Leavy

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I know it's easy to add two and two together and get five but the fact that he was named in the European Cup squad must be a good sign. It might be a less than 1% chance but that would still be a positive thing. If he was able to make it back by July then I'd love if he went and played Currie Cup or Mitre 10 for a couple of months.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm honestly happier for Xan than Dan.

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Just reading about Mike Haywood's comeback for Northampton. He did his ACL, MCL, and PCL in November 2018, made it back in October, and has now played 10 games for them.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Fair play to him. Must be a huge relief to finally get back into competitive rugby after months of rehab and then training. I'm sure leavy will do the same.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Just reading about Mike Haywood's comeback for Northampton. He did his ACL, MCL, and PCL in November 2018, made it back in October, and has now played 10 games for them.
That's extraordinary. Tom Parson's, the Mayo Footballer, was out for 14 months which was incredible.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Is there a time line yet for Leavy's return.
This season.
Summer tour.
Next season.
Too soon to put even an indication.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Last I heard is he was aiming for late this season but not going to take any risks to get there
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

D4 sources say March/April. Staggering if that happens. Originally heard September.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

This might sound weird, but I don't want to see him play until September. I really don't want another Sean O'Brien situation, so if waiting 5 more months could add another 1% I'd take it.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

CiaranIrl wrote:This might sound weird, but I don't want to see him play until September. I really don't want another Sean O'Brien situation, so if waiting 5 more months could add another 1% I'd take it.
+1

Neither a Seanie nor a Carbery situation do we want.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

backrower8 wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:This might sound weird, but I don't want to see him play until September. I really don't want another Sean O'Brien situation, so if waiting 5 more months could add another 1% I'd take it.
+1

Neither a Seanie nor a Carbery situation do we want.
absolutely agree... despite the undoubted world class talent that Levy is , its not like were struggling @ 7 or 8 in the meantime
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

have been watching the 2018 QF v Sarries, possibly Leavy's best performance in a blue shirt. can't wait to see him back in action.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Barry wrote:have been watching the 2018 QF v Sarries, possibly Leavy's best performance in a blue shirt. can't wait to see him back in action.
Funny I watched it back recently too it was an immense performance by him. But the thing that really sunk home for me is that even with the loss Murphy(Ulster) Dan through long term injury we have managed to recover almost immediately with an even better back row. That day Conan and JVF we’re out injured. Today we have JVF and Connors for openside, Rhys and josh Murphy (also Fardy) for blind and then even with Conan again long term two fantastic players in Doris and Deegan fighting for 8. This of course is not including Penny as third line.

My god the training must be slaughter each week! It will only get better with Dan back
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Hello Xan
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Turned 26 today.

Recently posted this: https://twitter.com/OutputSports/status ... 97120?s=20
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

mildlyinterested wrote:Turned 26 today.

Recently posted this: https://twitter.com/OutputSports/status ... 97120?s=20
That's a very very good sign he's on his way back. That's the sort of work I was doing towards the end of my physio post ACL, where I was actually ok to play but the physio was being extra cautious and for the sake of the last few weeks of the season let us carry on.
Anyone But New Zealand
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

f%~kin hell! I reckon if I did that I’d shatter every bone and tear every ligament in my knee!
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Does he kinda look like he hobbles away after sticking the landing there? I’m sure he’s grand it just looks a bit dodgy.