Champions Cup 2020

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Re: Champions Cup 2020

Post by curates_egg »

A brief overview of just some of the issues facing European rugby in the event of a no deal Brexit.
https://lastwordonrugby.com/2020/01/24/ ... ean-rugby/
I've been saying it for some time, but I struggle to see how the tournament, as it currently stands, could continue.
Unlikely to affect this season's competition, given the new timetable, but still.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I have an email from them confirming Saturday 4th
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

curates_egg wrote:A brief overview of just some of the issues facing European rugby in the event of a no deal Brexit.
I've been saying it for some time, but I struggle to see how the tournament, as it currently stands, could continue.
Unlikely to affect this season's competition, given the new timetable, but still.
Does anyone know if will Ulster Rugby be a UK or EU entity after Brexit? They're a branch of the IRFU, but I'm not sure if they're considered a standalone entity and registered in the UK.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Could Bein and BT not come a compromise on the timings of QFs. Seems strange to have two of them on at the same time or is it the EPRC dancing to the tune of two masters.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Twist wrote:
curates_egg wrote:A brief overview of just some of the issues facing European rugby in the event of a no deal Brexit.
Does anyone know if will Ulster Rugby be a UK or EU entity after Brexit? They're a branch of the IRFU, but I'm not sure if they're considered a standalone entity and registered in the UK.
Really good question. I wonder if any Irish journalist has even thought of this, let alone asked it?
I can't see how the business side of things could be registered in and operated out of ROI, but maybe I'm wrong.
Is Jordi's wage being paid in Euro or Sterling? I know he's not on a central contract, but I wonder who issues the pay cheque.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

neill_m wrote:Sat Apr 4 3:15pm Exeter v Saints BT Sport
Sat Apr 4 3:15pm (UK Time) Clermont v R92 BT Sport
Sun Apr 5 3:15pm (UK Time) Toulouse v Ulster BT Sport / Channel 4 / Virgin Media One
So they don't want anyone to watch all the games live?
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

Twist wrote:
Sun Apr 5 3:15pm (UK Time) Toulouse v Ulster BT Sport / Channel 4 / Virgin Media One
Just another example of how the epcrugby have improved the running of the competition.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Twist wrote:
really odd schedule. woulda thought 2 on sat and sun with no overlapping games would be better, no?
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

TrapperChamonix wrote:
Twist wrote:
Just another example of how the epcrugby have improved the running of the competition.
Muppets....
Dont Panic!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That's absolute nonsense. What the f**k are they playing at?
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Why in gods name didn’t they set one of those games to 1pm if they were so on for playing three on the Saturday. Plain stupid particularly when all the games could be real crackers this year
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Man City v. Liverpool kicks off at 3pm that day, so that’s the audience diminished further.

Oh, and the fans with the longest journey are Ulster so yeah, stick them on the Sunday.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Twist wrote:Man City v. Liverpool kicks off at 3pm that day, so that’s the audience diminished further.

Oh, and the fans with the longest journey are Ulster so yeah, stick them on the Sunday.
All Premier League soccer games scheduled at 3pm on Saturday that weekend. Sky/BT yet to decide on their games etc.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

neill_m wrote:
Twist wrote:Man City v. Liverpool kicks off at 3pm that day, so that’s the audience diminished further.

All Premier League soccer games scheduled at 3pm on Saturday that weekend. Sky/BT yet to decide on their games etc.
Maybe that's why they did it then? That game will be at half 4 on the Sunday so they didn't want a clash?

Not that I'd agree with it.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

If both Liverpool and Man City continue to gain points at their current rates, Liverpool will win the Prem if they win that game - so it'll be the main match on the sunday alright
I have Bumbleflex
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

3pm Saturday football games can't be shown on English TV so that might be a good time to have the all English game on.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I'd say that the reason there's no 1pm ko on the Saturday is that it clashes with BT's scheduled time for showing premier league matches.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

curates_egg wrote:
Twist wrote:
Really good question.
I wonder if any Irish journalist has even thought of this, let alone asked it?
I can't see how the business side of things could be registered in and operated out of ROI, but maybe I'm wrong.
Is Jordi's wage being paid in Euro or Sterling? I know he's not on a central contract, but I wonder who issues the pay cheque.
Hell no - they re too busy suggesting ways to dismantle our Second team.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

TrapperChamonix wrote:
Twist wrote:
Apparently it had to do with the French TV deal with 2 of the games being shown on FTA.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Three Leinster players on the longlist for player of the season.
Unsure how Furlong made it on there (and how he keeps making French XVs of the round).
He's clearly a class player but this is definitely his quietest season for us. Some would argue he's not even tighthead of the year at Leinster. Not me, but still.