Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Lar
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by Lar »

Apologies curates egg, Myles is right. Thursday morning.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Four Stars
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Ticket system worked fine this morning !. :happy clapper:
Flying wedge
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Unbelievable.

Following an investigation, EPCR has decided to bring a misconduct complaint against Saracens arising from the club’s Heineken Champions Cup, Round 6 match against Racing 92 on Sunday, 19 January.

EPCR was informed by Saracens earlier this week that their player, Titi Lamositele, who was named in the match day squad for the fixture at Allianz Park and who came on to the field of play as a replacement in the 60th minute, may have been ineligible due an inadvertent administrative error on behalf of the club.

Lamositele was eligible at the time the Saracens match day squad was announced, however, the club has indicated to EPCR that the player’s work permit expired on Saturday, 18 January, the day before the fixture against Racing 92, and this may have constituted a breach of the Disciplinary Rules of the 2019/20 EPCR Participation Agreement.

An independent Disciplinary Committee consisting of Roger Morris (Wales), Chair, Pamela Woodman (Scotland) and Jean-Noel Couraud (France) has been appointed to hear the misconduct complaint in London this evening (Friday, 7 February) at 18.00 local time.

EPCR will be making no further comment until the decision of the independent Disciplinary Committee has been communicated.
locho
Bookworm

Post by locho »

wixfjord wrote:Unbelievable.

Following an investigation, EPCR has decided to bring a misconduct complaint against Saracens arising from the club’s Heineken Champions Cup, Round 6 match against Racing 92 on Sunday, 19 January.

EPCR was informed by Saracens earlier this week that their player, Titi Lamositele, who was named in the match day squad for the fixture at Allianz Park and who came on to the field of play as a replacement in the 60th minute, may have been ineligible due an inadvertent administrative error on behalf of the club.

Lamositele was eligible at the time the Saracens match day squad was announced, however, the club has indicated to EPCR that the player’s work permit expired on Saturday, 18 January, the day before the fixture against Racing 92, and this may have constituted a breach of the Disciplinary Rules of the 2019/20 EPCR Participation Agreement.

An independent Disciplinary Committee consisting of Roger Morris (Wales), Chair, Pamela Woodman (Scotland) and Jean-Noel Couraud (France) has been appointed to hear the misconduct complaint in London this evening (Friday, 7 February) at 18.00 local time.

EPCR will be making no further comment until the decision of the independent Disciplinary Committee has been communicated.
I wonder what the sanction will be?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I suspect they'll just get fined.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Can't see that on the EPCR website? Have a link?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

jimbobjoe wrote:Can't see that on the EPCR website? Have a link?
Potentially not just our quarter-final opponents would change from Sarries to Glasgow, but the whole make up of the four matches. The result would be

Leinster v Glasgow
Racing v Northampton
Exeter v Ulster
Toulouse v Clermont.

See comments section: https://www.the42.ie/saracens-ineligibl ... 8-Feb2020/
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Not on their website at the moment but the tweet came from their official account.

Grenoble were docked four match points and fined €10k, plus the result was awarded 28-0 to the opposition, when they fielded an ineligible player in the Amlin Cup in 2012-13.

https://www.the42.ie/saracens-ineligibl ... 8-Feb2020/
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

wixfjord wrote:Unbelievable.

Utter shambles!

What intrigues me is who brought it to the attention of EPCR and why?
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Here’s a statement. Doesnt add much

https://www.epcrugby.com/2020/02/07/mis ... -saracens/
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

riocard911 wrote:
Potentially not just our quarter-final opponents would change from Sarries to Glasgow, but the whole make up of the four matches. The result would be

Leinster v Glasgow
Racing v Northampton
Exeter v Ulster
Toulouse v Clermont.

Thanks - Very interesting what the decision will be.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

riocard911 wrote:

Leinster v Glasgow
Racing v Northampton
Exeter v Ulster
Toulouse v Clermont.

That'd be too much disruption at this stage. Fans have made travel plans, if nothing else. A straight swop with Glasgow might be on the cards though. Any sanction like suspending the player or a fine would be meaningless.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

They'll probably claim it was an administrative error even though its impossible to believe that they wouldn't be aware of, and be, compliant with UK HO regs for overseas players (they're probably in a world of hurt from the HO over this now). I wouldn't believe a word they say. Screw fining them, f%~k them out on their ear.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Eh lads before we get too precious, I seem to remember that we brought a player to SA whom we then had to fly home, sort out the visa and fly back out again.
I also seem to recall that we had a problem with another foreign player who we simply failed to register for the HEC.
One was from NZ and the other an Argie.
As for Saracens, good luck with that. :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Oldschool wrote:Eh lads before we get too precious, I seem to remember that we brought a player to SA whom we then had to fly home, sort out the visa and fly back out again.
I also seem to recall that we had a problem with another foreign player who we simply failed to register for the HEC.
Too late, my dander is up...way up!
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

I bet Sarries are really regretting not attending the Cup Launch now....
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

Oldschool wrote:Eh lads before we get too precious, I seem to remember that we brought a player to SA whom we then had to fly home, sort out the visa and fly back out again.
We didn't field them though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The great thing about Saracens is that they when they sh!t the bed, they use an agricultural muck spreader to do so to make sure absolutely everything is evenly covered in kaka
I have Bumbleflex
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Dave Cahill wrote:The great thing about Saracens is that they when they sh!t the bed, they use an agricultural muck spreader to do so to make sure absolutely everything is evenly covered in kaka
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

We didn't play them though. And if we did we'd have been open to punishment just like Saracens appear to be now