Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by riocard911 »

D4surfer wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/51495200

Reported already, but now confirmed that Allianz have severed their links at the end of this season.
What with the announced 50% cut in the RFU monies for the Championship McCall and the gang will be on bread and water next season. My heart bleeds ...
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

They still have their Premiership golden share, so I think they'll get by
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ringers set to miss rest of 6Ns. Hopefully back for the big one.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Not the worst thing in the world if Ringrose comes doesn’t play in the 6n again and comes back from the Sarries game.

He’ll have had over 2 months to recover by the time the 1/4 hits so he should be fit to start. If he isn’t we’re in trouble in the centre and in huge trouble if Henshaw goes down
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

If ringer dosent make it back ... Joe at 12 and Henshaw at 13 or henshaw 12 and Locko at 13 (provided he’s back which he’s expected to be)?
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Saracens sign Eroni Mawi, Fijian prop, on “injury cover”
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

and why wouldn't they. They have already had the ultimate sanction thrown at em. S
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Saracens’ Mako Vunipola has no regrets over fateful investment
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... investment

Mako Vunipola "f%~k you Saracens "family", I got mine and nobody can touch it".
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

"And again I say to you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God". Jesus

One of the least quoted biblical passages
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

domhnallj wrote:Sarries back in the news:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51538187
Jayziz. With Allianz the sponsors pulling out early.,no parachute payment other teams normally get on relegation and now their stadium funding pulled by the council. Things at not looking good. Championship funding has been slashed as well.

I wonder if Jamie George and Elliot Daly regret their promises to stay with salarysins in the championship?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Sarries took a paddlin' at Wasps tonight. 60-10
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Sarries took a paddlin' at Wasps tonight. 60-10
Goode; Crossdale, Taylor, Barritt (capt), Lewington; Vunipola, Whiteley; Barrington, Singleton, Koch, Kpoku, Hunter-Hill, Isiekwe, Reffell, Wray.

Replacements: Woolstencroft, Carre, Ibuanokpe, Christie, Pifeleti, Spencer, Morris, Obatoyinbo
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

I saw that result last night. Seems indicative of a slump in morale as the reality of their situation sets in.

There are a lot of hard-working pros in that Saracens outfit who weren't getting top-ups outside the salary cap and have done nothing wrong, and now they are looking at a very uncertain future.

Alliance have pulled their sponsorship from the club, and Barnet Council have suspended their loan to the club for the JV development of a second stand at the grounds. They're going to play Mickey Mouse rugby next season in the Championship, and even when they bounce back up a lot of the factors that made Saracens different from other clubs will have been lessened or have disappeared entirely – their extra sponsorship cash, ability to keep so many big names on the books and their sense of invincibility.

You would have to imagine that their gate receipts are going to suffer a lot from a fixture list that includes the likes of Ampthill, London Scottish etc. They'll be subject to as much scrutiny when they return as they are at the moment, and they'll have to wear their reputation as cheats for a good few years. Not really the circumstances that draw a lot of external investment.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

hugonaut wrote:
I saw that result last night. Seems indicative of a slump in morale as the reality of their situation sets in.

There are a lot of hard-working pros in that Saracens outfit who weren't getting top-ups outside the salary cap and have done nothing wrong, and now they are looking at a very uncertain future.

Alliance have pulled their sponsorship from the club, and Barnet Council have suspended their loan to the club for the JV development of a second stand at the grounds. They're going to play Mickey Mouse rugby next season in the Championship, and even when they bounce back up a lot of the factors that made Saracens different from other clubs will have been lessened or have disappeared entirely – their extra sponsorship cash, ability to keep so many big names on the books and their sense of invincibility.

You would have to imagine that their gate receipts are going to suffer a lot from a fixture list that includes the likes of Ampthill, London Scottish etc. They'll be subject to as much scrutiny when they return as they are at the moment, and they'll have to wear their reputation as cheats for a good few years. Not really the circumstances that draw a lot of external investment.
Interestingly though the two names you've mentioned would count as local derbies. Certainly a novelty factor will keep some crowds up.
Anyone But New Zealand
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

salarysins fielded a very young academy side. nothing to see here lads...they are simply using the premiership games to blood new players.
I guarantee you that they have only one focus this season now. beat us in Dublin and go on to win the champions cup again.
We will see a very different team in dublin for the quarters...a team that is well up for it and fully motivated. back-against-the-wall stuff. Still playing the victims. potent stuff if McCall harnesses it right.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
salarysins fielded a very young academy side. nothing to see here lads...they are simply using the premiership games to blood new players.
I guarantee you that they have only one focus this season now. beat us in Dublin and go on to win the champions cup again.
We will see a very different team in dublin for the quarters...a team that is well up for it and fully motivated. back-against-the-wall stuff. Still playing the victims. potent stuff if McCall harnesses it right.
Not quite an Academy side but possibly about 9 players who'll be in their 23 against us. Not their European side but not a team you'd expect to concede 60 points.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/match/EVP3101757
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Ruckedtobits wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
Not quite an Academy side but possibly about 9 players who'll be in their 23 against us. Not their European side but not a team you'd expect to concede 60 points.

not disagreeing but they themselves played down expectations with the team selection. 12 academy players. and only 5 or 6 from the A team. note the caps in brackets at this link. 9 debuts and not many caps between the others.
https://www.saracens.com/team-news-wasp ... rugby-cup/

You maybe right that they are on a slippery slope downwards.....but I don't think they give a flying flip about the premiership...it is all about the academy players getting game time for next season and focussing on the Quarters with us.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote:

not disagreeing but they themselves played down expectations with the team selection. 12 academy players. and only 5 or 6 from the A team. note the caps in brackets at this link. 9 debuts and not many caps between the others.

You maybe right that they are on a slippery slope downwards.....but I don't think they give a flying flip about the premiership...it is all about the academy players getting game time for next season and focussing on the Quarters with us.
That link is to the Premier Rugby Cup, its not the side from the weekend, which had a decent spine of experience (Good, Barritt, Earle, Koch etc) and should not having been giving up 60 to a pretty average Wasps side.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Degz wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote: not disagreeing but they themselves played down expectations with the team selection. 12 academy players. and only 5 or 6 from the A team. note the caps in brackets at this link. 9 debuts and not many caps between the others.

That link is to the Premier Rugby Cup, its not the side from the weekend, which had a decent spine of experience (Good, Barritt, Earle, Koch etc) and should not having been giving up 60 to a pretty average Wasps side.
sorry, you're right. didn't notice the date. my mistake.