Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Hopefully James Ryan, Johnny, Robbie et el will remember today at Twickerrs and the gloating and 'lip' from Mario and the lads today.

You're in our back yard now boys :D
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Cian Healy came off with a hip issue today.

Hopefully nothing too serious. With Ed Byrne currently injured we could be a little light at Loosehead Prop.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

elephantman wrote:Cian Healy came off with a hip issue today.

Hopefully nothing too serious. With Ed Byrne currently injured we could be a little light at Loosehead Prop.
Peter Dooley got MOTM last Friday and is having a very good season. Sorted (I hope...).
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Hopefully James Ryan, Johnny, Robbie et el will remember today at Twickerrs and the gloating and 'lip' from Mario and the lads today.

You're in our back yard now boys :D
I can’t wait - and Farrell to ( muppet) - bring em on !!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

riocard911 wrote:

Peter Dooley got MOTM last Friday and is having a very good season. Sorted (I hope...).
Irregardless we need Healy back.

Big worry how the much of the likely leibster front 5 was over powered.. Have a bad feeling about this Saracens game.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:

Big worry how the much of the likely leibster front 5 was over powered.. Have a bad feeling about this Saracens game.
You're your usual cheery self GG!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

mildlyinterested wrote:
riocard911 wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, the Leinster pack is probably better than the Ireland, Fardy being a significant factor and our BR is both a more balanced unit and more powerful. Were Conan to come into the equation then better again.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Oldschool wrote: If it makes you feel any better, the Leinster pack is probably better than the Ireland, Fardy being a significant factor and our BR is both a more balanced unit and more powerful. Were Conan to come into the equation then better again.
That's very generous. We shall see.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

I was already worried about this game but the England match yesterday has me more worried. I agree with the concerns over the tight 5, especially when you consider that Mako will likely be back. The offside line is a fiction at this stage, and that suits the England/Saracens model of defence.

At least we're at home. We're all going to need to scream our heads off when Maro starts his usual antics
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Jaysus lads, maybe we just shouldn't bother at all! :shock:

What's to worry about. It's a game of Rugby nobodies going to die.

The one thing you can be confident about is that if we go down to the Sarries Leo and Lancaster will make sure we go down swinging. If throwing everything at them isn't good enough, well...... you can ask no more of the team than that.

Bring em on! :D
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Jaysus lads, maybe we just shouldn't bother at all! :shock:

What's to worry about. It's a game of Rugby nobodies going to die.

The one thing you can be confident about is that if we go down to the Sarries Leo and Lancaster will make sure we go down swinging. If throwing everything at them isn't good enough, well...... you can ask no more of the team than that.

Bring em on! :D
You're correct that no *person* needs to die. But one club is in mortal peril and it's not our one!
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Twist wrote:I was already worried about this game but the England match yesterday has me more worried. I agree with the concerns over the tight 5, especially when you consider that Mako will likely be back. The offside line is a fiction at this stage, and that suits the England/Saracens model of defence.

At least we're at home. We're all going to need to scream our heads off when Maro starts his usual antics
a lot depends on who the ref is. Peyper is well known to be lax with the offside line and the "rough housing" for lack of a better term. Remember the AB game in dublin after our chicago win? that was beyond vicious and Peyper let it slide.

The English had their homework done on him yesterday.

They haven't announced who the ref will be yet for the quarter final.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

riocard911 wrote:

Fully agree regarding Dooley. He has really stepped up this season and delivered some very impressive performances.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Leinster at home seem far more likely to beat sarries, then Ireland were to beat England at Twickenham

Sarries will be a right handful though, they are used to winning big games and have a confidence and edge about them, it's also win or bust for them in term of the season.

But you guys can match them in terms of confidence and big game mentality , you also have the quality of players that can hurt them. I'm certain sexton won't play like he did on Sunday in the qf and you'll have the home advantage which is massive when teams are evenly match.

One take from this weekends game was your line out was a bit shaky, clearly ryan and toner will improve you there but kruiss will certainly look to attack your line out ball, so that is an area mcbryde and leo need to work on

Leinster and sarries are evenly matched teams and any result would not be a huge shock but home advantage should be enough to get you over the line.

I don't think anyone outside of their fan base will shed any tears if sarries are beaten
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

JB1973 wrote:Leinster at home seem far more likely to beat sarries, then Ireland were to beat England at Twickenham

Sarries will be a right handful though, they are used to winning big games and have a confidence and edge about them, it's also win or bust for them in term of the season.

But you guys can match them in terms of confidence and big game mentality , you also have the quality of players that can hurt them. I'm certain sexton won't play like he did on Sunday in the qf and you'll have the home advantage which is massive when teams are evenly match.

One take from this weekends game was your line out was a bit shaky, clearly ryan and toner will improve you there but kruiss will certainly look to attack your line out ball, so that is an area mcbryde and leo need to work on

Leinster and sarries are evenly matched teams and any result would not be a huge shock but home advantage should be enough to get you over the line.

I don't think anyone outside of their fan base will shed any tears if sarries are beaten
Ah there'll be one or two misty eyes in Munster. They can't help themselves :lol:
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

JB1973 wrote:Leinster at home seem far more likely to beat sarries, then Ireland were to beat England at Twickenham

I hope you are right JB1973 but the game yesterday certainly was a sobering experience. At least it will give the Leinster coaching team plenty food for thought.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Angelsea Angst wrote:
I hope you are right JB1973 but the game yesterday certainly was a sobering experience. At least it will give the Leinster coaching team plenty food for thought.
Saracens are a different team than this England team. The Vunipolas make a big difference. Their scrum caused us trouble, Itoge did, Lawes and the back row did. The Farrell-Ford axis was key to the kicking game, Tuilagi was destructive, May was a big threat and Daly was go off.

Most of our pain came from non-Saracens players or Saracens players in different positions.

On our side I'd take Cronin ahead of Herring and I'd back the Leinster back row, especially when Stander is outplayed.

We play well with McGrath and are missing Ringrose, but Lowe, Larmour and Kearney are a potent combination(s).
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Healy ruled out of the rest of the 6 nations. With Only 3 weeks after the 6 nations ends before the 1/4 final begins it will be tight for him.

Very light at loosehead now
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Probably Dooley to start and Bent on the bench? I guess Ed Byrne is down the pecking order at the moment. I think scrum is already a major weakness relative to Saracens, so this would be a big blow if Healy is missing.

Porter potentially could swap sides too if we want our best players on the pitch, but then we have an issue at the sub tight head — Vakh or Salanoa (or maybe Bent?)
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Is there a case to be made for getting Baird in the 23 against these guys to maximise dynamism/power? It'd be good if he got a few starts between now and then so it's as much of a live option as possible anyway.

I'd be thinking of Fardy at 6 over Ruddock for similar reasons. Added to his physical attributes, he's better on the deck than Ruddock, and is the only one with experience of playing in a World Cup final - a few of the Sarries boys will be able to bring that experience to the table.