Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

joooooe
Enlightened

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by joooooe »

riocard911 wrote:joooooe: "Surfeit" is probably what he was going for.

Or "plethora" perhaps?....
This is getting a bit "Assuredly Gerry"
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

joooooe wrote:
riocard911 wrote:joooooe: "Surfeit" is probably what he was going for.

Or "plethora" perhaps?....
This is getting a bit "Assuredly Gerry"
That would be "an embarrassment of riches"
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Leinsterimp wrote:I’d like to see a handful of lads sent to England or France on a year or two deal, maybe a couple to London Irish with a view to returning with more experience.
Ruddock must be well in with the leinster set up, If there any of your lads needing game time I'd hope be in the mix trying to get them over to us for a year or so (didn't he recommend beirne to the scarlets)

Then again I'd guess the IRFU would want them to go to other provinces rather then out of Ireland, is there any sort of relationship between London irish and the IRFU these days ?
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

joooooe wrote:
Dexter wrote:Sorry to be pedantic, but "dearth" means scarcity...
"Surfeit" is probably what he was going for.
Can't see surfeit without thinking of this:

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Harry Byrne is playing like the number 10 who's least likely to be let go. Frawley has looked good as a potential 12 option but Tomane and the O'Briens, alongside Henshaw and RO'L make us strong in this area with Ringer still leading the way for no 13 shirt.

No easy decisions.
Sexton is out the door end of next season. There’s no reason for a contract extension IMO. With Cadbury out until next season that means Byrne is back late in September. Plenty of game time to go around given Joeys injury profile.

I think Sexton is very much on the way out. We need at least 3 outhalfs, if we don’t keep them 3 we’ll have to sign an NIQ
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Dexter wrote:Sorry to be pedantic, but "dearth" means scarcity...
Not pedantic at all, it was a Stuart Hogg / Jacob Stockdale tier error [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] Of course I was going for something like plethora, surfeit etc
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Leinsterimp wrote:I’d like to see a handful of lads sent to England or France on a year or two deal, maybe a couple to London Irish with a view to returning with more experience.
That’s a terrible idea. Get them used to living abroad and the best case scenario is they develop really well to the point that the club is able to outbid Leinster for someone we wouldn’t pay as much. Like, they’ve been paying Madigan and T’eo £500k each(Gopperth probably similar). Ross Byrne would probably earn more in the GP than he is here. If we loan anywhere it’s Ireland.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

paddyor wrote:
That’s a terrible idea. Get them used to living abroad and the best case scenario is they develop really well to the point that the club is able to outbid Leinster for someone we wouldn’t pay as much. Like, they’ve been paying Madigan and T’eo £500k each(Gopperth probably similar). Ross Byrne would probably earn more in the GP than he is here. If we loan anywhere it’s Ireland.
Last time we loaned a couple of players in Ireland they didn’t come back and went on to become internationals, at least if they stay in the premiership we won’t have to compete against them should they decide not to return.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

paddyor wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Harry Byrne is playing like the number 10 who's least likely to be let go. Frawley has looked good as a potential 12 option but Tomane and the O'Briens, alongside Henshaw and RO'L make us strong in this area with Ringer still leading the way for no 13 shirt.

No easy decisions.
Sexton is out the door end of next season. There’s no reason for a contract extension IMO. With Cadbury out until next season that means Byrne is back late in September. Plenty of game time to go around given Joeys injury profile.

I think Sexton is very much on the way out. We need at least 3 outhalfs, if we don’t keep them 3 we’ll have to sign an NIQ
If RK and Tomane finish up/move on, that'll open up some gametime at 12 and 15, which could help keep Frawley happy until the picture becomes clearer as regards Sexton.

I wonder where Hawkshaw fits in in all of this. Is he more of a 10 or a 12?
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

leinsterforever wrote:
paddyor wrote:

No easy decisions.

If RK and Tomane finish up/move on, that'll open up some gametime at 12 and 15, which could help keep Frawley happy until the picture becomes clearer as regards Sexton.

I wonder where Hawkshaw fits in in all of this. Is he more of a 10 or a 12?
That's a great question. I've only seen him a handful of times but he looks more like a 12 to me. As I say, I'm not speaking from a position of any great knowledge so would love to see more opinions on this
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

I’d hope for his sake he’s a 12 because there’s quite the line forming in front of him. I’d say he has no choice at this point but to try and focus on 12.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Rob Kearney has announced his autobiography (co written with David Walsh) will be published on October 8 - am I reading too much into it or could it be the first sign of his retirement?
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote:Rob Kearney has announced his autobiography (co written with David Walsh) will be published on October 8 - am I reading too much into it or could it be the first sign of his retirement?
Ain't necessarily so.
But if it is I really hope we can put a few more winners medals around his neck this season.
Already the most successful player in Irish rugby, maybe in Europe too.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

blockhead wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Rob Kearney has announced his autobiography (co written with David Walsh) will be published on October 8 - am I reading too much into it or could it be the first sign of his retirement?
Ain't necessarily so.
But if it is I really hope we can put a few more winners medals around his neck this season.
Already the most successful player in Irish rugby, maybe in Europe too.

Certainly the most decorated active player, I think Martin Johnson may edge him out in the all time stakes
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

A move to the MLR would be a nice way to bow out, maybe the new LA franchise that's joining next season.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Rob Kearney in LA. That's just perfect really isn't it.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Logorrhea wrote:Rob Kearney in LA. That's just perfect really isn't it.
Sure the Cooley Mountains aren't a million miles from LA.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Conor Maguire to the Dragons on a short term trial
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Hearing a rumour that Sale are looking to get Stuart Lancaster in as DOR.

Nothing concrete. No source. Just a rumour so I thought I'd post it in case anyone else has heard anything.

He's not going to stay for ever but I would have thought a DOR role wouldn't be hands on enough for him at this stage?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeinsterLeader wrote: December 9th, 2020, 6:28 pm Hearing a rumour that Sale are looking to get Stuart Lancaster in as DOR.

Nothing concrete. No source. Just a rumour so I thought I'd post it in case anyone else has heard anything.

He's not going to stay for ever but I would have thought a DOR role wouldn't be hands on enough for him at this stage?
A contract for money would be an attractive offer for any coach in the current climate. All bets are off I would say.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan