Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by LeinsterLeader »

wixfjord wrote: August 4th, 2020, 3:29 pm Hmmm, that doesn't look too bad at all.

I wonder is RTB's theory accurate...
I have no experience with shoulder dislocations but seeing that I'd be hugely surprised if he's not ready (although possibly not match fit) for the start of the 6 nations games at least.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Murray Kinsella claimed in the42 today, that Ryan's definitely out until after the Sarries match. There is, however, no indication, what he's basing that assessment on, as in the article the date, when the injury was occurred, is not stated.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

He's our best player IMO but we're long past the days when success hinged on one player being fit so don't think we need to be sweating over his fitness for the next month, especially when Sarries aren't going to be anywhere near the best.
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: August 4th, 2020, 6:33 pm He's our best player IMO but we're long past the days when success hinged on one player being fit so don't think we need to be sweating over his fitness for the next month, especially when Sarries aren't going to be anywhere near the best.
Saracens will most certainly be close to their best. They've barely lost any of their starters and they have literally nothing else to worry about other than this match. They'll be gunning to show that despite their relegation they are still the best team in Europe.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Yeah that Sarries starting pack is still fairly monstrous.

Their 1-10 is likely to be
Mako, George, Koch, Kruis, Itoje, Rhodes/Clark, Wray, Billy, Wigglesworth, Farrell.

The outside backs and the bench is where they've had more losses, but still it's a formidable side.

Think I've said it before on this thread but I'd be going for something like:

Healy, Kelleher, Furlong, Toner, Fardy, Rhys, Leavy, Doris/Conan to start
Dooley, Cronin, Porter, Molony/Baird, Conan/Deegan to bench

Get your biggest pack on the field to match them in the first 60 and then try to spring our stronger bench.
We could even see a 6/2 bench split with another backrow in there.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

erskinechilders wrote: August 5th, 2020, 8:35 am
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: August 4th, 2020, 6:33 pm He's our best player IMO but we're long past the days when success hinged on one player being fit so don't think we need to be sweating over his fitness for the next month, especially when Sarries aren't going to be anywhere near the best.
Saracens will most certainly be close to their best. They've barely lost any of their starters and they have literally nothing else to worry about other than this match. They'll be gunning to show that despite their relegation they are still the best team in Europe.
Yep, no home advantage for leinster either... big worry that Sarries will win out, which would be awful
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: August 5th, 2020, 9:02 am Yeah that Sarries starting pack is still fairly monstrous.

Mako, George, Koch, Kruis, Itoje, Rhodes/Clark, Wray, Billy, Wigglesworth, Farrell.

The outside backs and the bench is where they've had more losses, but still it's a formidable side.

Get your biggest pack on the field to match them in the first 60 and then try to spring our stronger bench.
I thought Kruis would already have left for Japan by then; or have I misunderstood?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

riocard911 wrote: August 5th, 2020, 10:25 am
wixfjord wrote: August 5th, 2020, 9:02 am Yeah that Sarries starting pack is still fairly monstrous.

I thought Kruis would already have left for Japan by then; or have I misunderstood?
unclear, talk he would be sticking around.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Yep both Kruis and Goode will be staying till end of the season.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

erskinechilders wrote: August 5th, 2020, 8:35 am
I didn't say it would be easy but they really aren't at their best, nowhere near it. It's not just about players leaving but also about the turmoil off the pitch. When was the last time they were consistently at their best? 15 months ago? As it stands they also don't have any fixtures between the end of August and when they play us, whereas we'll have a semi and hopefully a final. They'll be rusty. Things won't be smooth for us either but that doesn't change my point, they won't be at their best, they're just not the well oiled machine that they've been in the past. Does that mean it'll be easy? No. Does it mean that we're a lost cause with JR? Absolutely not.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

mildlyinterested wrote: August 5th, 2020, 10:15 am

Yep, no home advantage for leinster either... big worry that Sarries will win out, which would be awful
Crazy that you thought that cancelling Ireland's remaining 6N games was a "hysterical overreaction" but one injury to James Ryan and Leinster are doomed.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Sarries have actually released the full squad list for end of this season and start of next.

Goode is staying but Kruis is gone.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/saracens ... epartures/

FULL SENIOR SQUAD LIST
Props
Alec Clarey
Eroni Mawi
Josh Ibuanokpe
Mako Vunipola
Ralph Adams-Hale
Richard Barrington
Vincent Koch

Hookers
Jamie George
Kapeli Pifeleti
Tom Woolstencroft

Locks
Callum Hunter-Hill
Joel Kpoku
Maro Itoje
Tim Swinson

Back Row
Andy Christie
Billy Vunipola
Calum Clark
Jackson Wray
Janco Venter
Mike Rhodes
Sean Reffell

Scrum-Halves
Aled Davies
Alex Day
Richard Wigglesworth*
Tom Whiteley

Fly-Halves
Manu Vunipola
Owen Farrell
Will Hooley

Centres
Brad Barritt*
Dom Morris
Duncan Taylor
Elliot Daly
Harry Sloan
Juan Pablo Socino

Back Three
Alex Goode
Alex Lewington
Ali Crossdale
Elliott Obatoyinbo
Rotimi Segun
Sean Maitland

DEPARTURES
Ben Spencer (Bath Rugby)
George Kruis (Panosonic Wild Knights)
Joe Gray (Harlequins)
Liam Williams (Scarlets)
Matt Gallagher (Munster)
Rhys Carre (Cardiff Blues)
Titi Lamositele (Montpellier)
Viliami Hakalo (Retired)
Will Skelton (La Rochelle)

LOANS RETURNING FOR 2021/22 CAMPAIGN
Alex Lozowski (Montpellier)
Ben Earl (Bristol Bears)
Jack Singleton (Gloucester)
Max Malins (Bristol Bears)
Nick Isiekwe (Northampton Saints)
Nick Tompkins (Dragons)
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I think them losing Skelton and Kruis certainly balances our loss of Ryan!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

They can still field a very strong first XV (assuming everyone's fit) but they've lost a lot of strength in depth in quite a few positions.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

wixfjord wrote: August 5th, 2020, 3:24 pm I think them losing Skelton and Kruis certainly balances our loss of Ryan!
Yep, that was the second row that started in the final, something I was reminded of recently. Itoje started on the blindside, Nick Isiekwe was the second row sub.

Three of those players not with the club next season. Lots of size gone.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

My understanding was that Kruis would still be available for the qf because the Japanese season doesn't start till the new year.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Some potential good news...Leo saying that James Ryan could be back by mid September and the Saracens match.

The injury happened five weeks ago and he had an operation the next day.

Kruis won’t be available for Saracens.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

seems like he might be back for sarries, which would be a boon.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Detective RTB was right!

That's great news.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Elliot Daly:

“We have quite a few games to get into form again, to play well as a team and create some momentum ahead of that because we will need it against a good Leinster side,” Daly said.

“To build for that, it will take our whole squad to get us there. These next few games in the Premiership are important to get momentum going.

“Usually winning games gives you momentum and playing well, so there is a big emphasis on what we do here as a team and as a club to try and push forward.”